How's your year been?

Can only repaeat the comments made on here Padster. Not been on this forum long but the main appeal for me other than Ibiza is that there isn't much bickering/arguing with posters and everyone seems to get on unlike alot of other forums.

Keep going mate and i hope it's good news from the doctors. :D

:lol: Hasn't always been this way ;)

Thanks guys. It's weird that I get more compassion and understanding on here than I do from most of my fellow healthcare professionals.:(
You and I discussed the huge amount of respect I have for you, mate. You'll always get support on my end.

Ditto what you said earlier on the time we had on the island. Very glad you and I crossed paths. Saddened to hear about the rough time you've had since.

Second chance time now. As Kimajy pointed out, the body is a strangely resilient thing. And I think you've got the character to pull through this.

Thanks guys. It's weird that I get more compassion and understanding on here than I do from most of my fellow healthcare professionals.:(

I don't know you personally, but I have enjoyed the your posts over the years. I hope you get good news and will continue posting for many more years. Let's hope 2012 is a better year for everyone.

Padster, I'm so sorry to hear about the last few months. I had a great time meeting up with you in Ibiza this year!

I hope from now, not just 2012, things will only get better! X

This year has been pivotal with a change of location and lifestyle. Not always easy but there's no way we would want to go back for some time, perhaps ever (boat parties aside ;) ).

I see more of the family than before, they are happy and the sun shines every day.

Looks like a job change is on the horizon at the end of this year too, so next year could be just as interesting.

Still, it's onwards & upwards, and best wishes to all.

8)

This year has been pivotal with a change of location and lifestyle. Not always easy but there's no way we would want to go back for some time, perhaps ever (boat parties aside ;) ).

I see more of the family than before, they are happy and the sun shines every day.

Looks like a job change is on the horizon at the end of this year too, so next year could be just as interesting.

Still, it's onwards & upwards, and best wishes to all.

8)

Big bold move you made and it looks like it's paying off mate.

Really pleased for you, mucho respect!8)8)

My year has certainly been different to most I have had...i wouldnt say i had a bad year or a good one. Just a standard year really.

I usually do alot of clubbing around the country and hardly managed to do any this year which was a big difference for me, hoping to change that going into next year and get back to my old ways.

I managed to fracture my skull not once...but twice in the same place so can consider myself very lucky to still have a pretty much clean bill of health and no long lasting damage.

I got two holidays in, albeit the second one was a short 36 hour trip to Ibiza before round 2 of the skull case occurred and i ended up in Majorca for a week (does that count as 3 hols then? :lol:)

Really looking forward to the festive season which is very close now as it's my favourite time of year :D

Roll on 2012 as well. Two holidays already booked to Miami and Ibiza. The future is looking good :)

I hope everyone else has had a good year and will also have an a great year next year :D
Never thought I'd say this not in jest but I hope your head gets better!

Birthday today.. 46 and got terrible new about a mate who hasn't been seen since Sunday has been found dead in his house.. Suicide..:( he lost his partner 2 years ago and left two girls 19 and 8... fck

Last edited:
Birthday today.. 46 and got terrible new about a mate who hasn't been seen since Sunday has been found dead in his house.. Suicide..:( he lost his partner 2 years and left two girls 19 and 8... fck

That's sad. No matter what, you gotta gut it out for your kids until they are grown, no matter how crap life can be sometimes (esp if single parent).

Happy birthday, btw...

Birthday today.. 46 and got terrible new about a mate who hasn't been seen since Sunday has been found dead in his house.. Suicide..:( he lost his partner 2 years and left two girls 19 and 8... fck

That's awful news to hear on any day let alone your birthday :( so sorry to hear that

Thoughts are with you mate

:(
Sorry to hear :(

Craig, my friend Rebecca whom some of the forum members met a few years ago in Ibiza died the same way just over a year ago. It's never easy when this happens but it will get easier, I promise. There's no-one at fault, no-one to blame, just a desperately sad situation. And as for those who think he should have 'toughed it out' for the sake of his kids, when a person goes far enough down that particular road their mind plays tricks on them and convinces them that this is the right path to take for everybody else's benefit. They are very, very mentally ill. As I said, no blame, just sadness. I wish you well and you have my deepest sympathies and condolences, from someone who's been there.

I have personal experience of suicide too as my Grandfather took his own life. If you need a chat dude, you got my number.

Back