How's your year been?

Highs

Said Adios London after living there for 12 years, moved to the seaside and bought a gorgeous house in Brighton. Absolutely love the lifestyle down here, 3 of my favourite things in life are vintage shops, veggie restaurants and real ale pubs and Brighton has those in abundance. I also find there's something very relaxing about living by the sea and love having the South Downs on our doorstep 8)

Had a fantastic 3 week trip to America, firstly for a friend's wedding and then a roadtrip and totally fell in love with Yosemite, Death Valley and the Grand Canyon, also developed a love for American beer

For the first half of the year worked really hard on a huge freelance project, but then as part of our new 'get away from the ratrace' lifestyle made a conscious decision to take on less freelance work, so the last couple of months have been blissful and all about long dog walks on the beach every morning, running along the seafront, coastal bike rides, pilates, being a domestic goddess and all round good housewife :lol:

2 amazing trips to Berlin - there is nothing else that needs to be said on the wonder that is Berghain/Panorama :twisted:

Ran Brighton Marathon - me, the original ex-Wino Fag Ash Lil, ran a marathon, and in a pretty decent time (4 hours 29 mins) and raised lots of money for Dogs Trust

Became a Number 1 Auntie/Fairy Godmother again as my sis had a baby boy George

And still a massive high to come as of next week - 3 week holiday to Borneo to climb a mountain amongst other things 8)

Lows

One big low - my Dad had a massive heart attack in August. He was relatively young (just turned 61), fit, healthy, even the doctors couldn't explain it and said he was such a low risk case, it was really touch and go for a while but he pulled through. He was making excellent progress and recovery but in the last few weeks has had 2 more very minor heart attacks and is currently back in hospital as there is still something not right so undergoing more tests to hopefully get to the bottom of it.

All in all, apart from my Dad's heart attack, 2011 has been very good to me, but I would trade in all the highs just to get my Dad back to full health again.

Hope 2012 is a better year for your Dad x

Thirded (sic?)

Rob - you don't visit the Embarrassing Brighton Cousins anymore? :lol:

Not as much as I should, no. :oops:

When I lived in Brighton there was a massive group of us - really unusual to combine city living with a community of that size so they were really special times.

Sadly most have left Brighton now. Some are in Nepal, others oop norf, one has even sold his flat to live on a barge. :eek:

So despite still having loads of lovely friends there, going back can feel a bit bitter/sweet.

best summer ever in ibiza, even better than 99-01 era.

saddest year ever too for other reasons, i know others are in the same boat and haven't shared either.

bottom line is that everything is relevant to the author.

best summer ever in ibiza, even better than 99-01 era.

I know you are out there all the time, but I definitely had one of my best trips out there this year too!!!! 8) This trip was sooooooo much better than my trips in 2007 and 2008 for sure!!! It just seems like Ibiza got its groove back! 8)

This year was a real mix for me.

I know I'm a very fortunate person compared to most in this world and I should be thankful for that, I just had a lot of unexpected job/health changes this year.

Good things: I did get to go away for 3 months and go back to Ibiza, which I had missed for 3 years.

Other Good things: I got to meet up with a lot of family and friends who I never get to see because I live so far away. Also got to meet up with a lot of people off here who are lovely also! :)

Even more good things for 2012: I have some plans that will hopefully make 2012 a lot better than 2011!! :)

2011 has probably been the best for me yet in my 23 years!
Ups
Kick started by WareHouse Project for new years day which pretty much set the pace for the year! Amsterdam for my birthday with parents and girlfriend which was hilarious.
6 months working in ibiza, the best thing I have ever done. ever! Buying my new setup for my studio, in love with it!
Got the whp again on the 10th for Crosstown rebels and thats 2011 pretty much done :D

Downs
My grandad dying :cry:

I hope 2012 can keep the pace with this year. Bring on Ibiza 2012

2011 in a nut shell...

Plus points
Very busy and now 17months into 'the beach towel clip' project.
Now stocked by 40+ retailers/websites in the UK
Stockists/distributors in Canada, Australia, Germany, Holland, Hungary and trying to finalise S.Africa/Latam/USA
Nice new office in Wilmslow
City doing rather well

Negatives
Knackered
Not taken a days holiday yet this year
First year since late 1990's that I haven't spent a few weeks in Ibiza
did I say Knackered?

So as years go probably a 9/10

Roll on 2012 and a beach!

Great year for me.

• Got married in April with a honeymoon in Ibiza. stayed at Es Cucons which is by far the nicest hotel i've stayed in in Ibiza.
  • The mrs is pregnant. Due in March.
  • Had a good year work-wise after a couple of bad ones due to the recession.
  • I am currently in Australia working now with a view to moving the family over once the baby arrives.
  • Managed to squeeze in a few bits of remix work too.
All in all the most grown up year i've ever lived I believe. Definitley the best though.

8)

congrats, a fair year when all said and done!!

Best and worst year of my life. A lot of is revolves around my ex gf I'm afraid.

I'm looking forward to 2012 starting, and hoping it's not the end of the world... I want to do the Ibiza Season in 2013!

I feel your pain ben, was in a similar situation many years ago. My now wife was tearing me apart, wizened work colleague summed it up in a nutshell for me. Stop chasing her and if it is meant to be it will be. Was tough at the time, but like clockwork worked out for the best.

as bored this year as i was last year
Find yourself in the scriptures, stephen, or start the blog again....

Lows

One big low - my Dad had a massive heart attack in August. He was relatively young (just turned 61), fit, healthy, even the doctors couldn't explain it and said he was such a low risk case, it was really touch and go for a while but he pulled through. He was making excellent progress and recovery but in the last few weeks has had 2 more very minor heart attacks and is currently back in hospital as there is still something not right so undergoing more tests to hopefully get to the bottom of it.

All in all, apart from my Dad's heart attack, 2011 has been very good to me, but I would trade in all the highs just to get my Dad back to full health again.

As all have already said, hope all is now well xxx

- Ibiza in September. "nuff said!

Albeit briefly, was an absolute pleasure to meet you in September, you prob wanted to execute me for talking all the way through the second half of the game on Saunday:oops:

saddest year ever too for other reasons, i know others are in the same boat and haven't shared either.

Hope everything is ok, grego.

Albeit briefly, was an absolute pleasure to meet you in September, you prob wanted to execute me for talking all the way through the second half of the game on Saunday:oops:
Are you serious? Had the best time with you and your missus. Hope we get to do it again soon!

I wasn't going to post anything but what the hell, I may not be around for much longer. Two years ago I was diagnosed as bi-polar. I mistakenly thought this would be the answer to all of my problems as I had been afraid to seek help because of the stigma and because I honestly thought I would be locked up. When I was told I wasn't schizophrenic or psychotic and instead had something that is supposed to be much more manageable I was delighted. It answered many, many questions that were unanswered about my life. BUT my life became intolerable. I had to work under so many restrictions in my workplace that I began to feel that I was letting everyone down. I had community mental health nurses coming round to my flat weekly and felt like my life was under a microscope. My holiday to Ibiza this year was an attempt to break myself out of the depressive cycle I found myself in. The day and night I spent with some of you guys was the happiest time I can remember having in years.

I didn't sleep for more than 2 hours a night after I returned to the UK, couldn't eat and was on medication far more toxic than anything I've ever taken recreationally (lithium carbonate). One month after my Ibiza holiday I took a massive overdose of sleeping pills (zolpadem), bi-polar meds (lithium carbonate and quetiapine) and paracetamol. I was found in the nick of time by a work colleague who called round to find out why I wasn't at work and not answering my phones. The overdose damaged my liver and kidneys (the docs don't know yet if it will be permanent) and triggered a heart attack. My health is pretty much ruined. As I said above, I don't know how much longer I'll be around and I know some of you may be judgemental and say its my own fault and I guess it is. But living with mental illness isn't easy. For me it's been sheer hell.

I wasn't going to post anything but what the hell, I may not be around for much longer. Two years ago I was diagnosed as bi-polar. I mistakenly thought this would be the answer to all of my problems as I had been afraid to seek help because of the stigma and because I honestly thought I would be locked up. When I was told I wasn't schizophrenic or psychotic and instead had something that is supposed to be much more manageable I was delighted. It answered many, many questions that were unanswered about my life. BUT my life became intolerable. I had to work under so many restrictions in my workplace that I began to feel that I was letting everyone down. I had community mental health nurses coming round to my flat weekly and felt like my life was under a microscope. My holiday to Ibiza this year was an attempt to break myself out of the depressive cycle I found myself in. The day and night I spent with some of you guys was the happiest time I can remember having in years.

I didn't sleep for more than 2 hours a night after I returned to the UK, couldn't eat and was on medication far more toxic than anything I've ever taken recreationally (lithium carbonate). One month after my Ibiza holiday I took a massive overdose of sleeping pills (zolpadem), bi-polar meds (lithium carbonate and quetiapine) and paracetamol. I was found in the nick of time by a work colleague who called round to find out why I wasn't at work and not answering my phones. The overdose damaged my liver and kidneys (the docs don't know yet if it will be permanent) and triggered a heart attack. My health is pretty much ruined. As I said above, I don't know how much longer I'll be around and I know some of you may be judgemental and say its my own fault and I guess it is. But living with mental illness isn't easy. For me it's been sheer hell.

I don't think anyone I've experienced regularly here would judge you for a medical condition we haven't had to deal with. I, for one, can categorically say I don't think it's your own fault.

Hope the eventual diagnosis is as best you could expect and you have people who love you to help you out.

Thats pretty heavy duty Padster.

I'm sorry to hear your story and like Buckley said i don't think anyone will judge you for this. Although i know that mental illness still carries a slight undeserved stigma.

I hope the news from the doctors is good news when you get it.

Thats pretty heavy duty Padster.

I'm sorry to hear your story and like Buckley said i don't think anyone will judge you for this. Although i know that mental illness still carries a slight undeserved stigma.

I hope the news from the doctors is good news when you get it.

+1. Living with a mental illness isn't easy. My best friend has Psycosis, and I've watched it destroy him, on multiple occasions.

I certainly don't judge you, and I hope you make a full recovery.

Thanks guys. It's weird that I get more compassion and understanding on here than I do from most of my fellow healthcare professionals.:(

Read this and didn't know what to say - except good one on being so frank and honest about the whole thing. ;)

Health professionals will always make you feel $hit ...the entire business model of the NHS is built around doom mongering. (but that's a whole other debate :lol:)

Stick with it, you'll be good. :D

Sometimes it can be good to hit rock bottom. It gives you a reference point after which there's only one way to go. ;)

Thanks guys. It's weird that I get more compassion and understanding on here than I do from most of my fellow healthcare professionals.:(

No judgement, Padster - many more people bear crosses they don't have the courage to share ! You've faced up to and accepted the worst in your own mind now and that's the hardest part. I'm glad you've got another opportunity to find a way through - and don't expect too much of yourself all at once.. these things take time.

Sometimes healthcare professionals are a necessary evil. But positive mind and people who love you - those are the two key ingredients for getting to grips with this and being :) again. I hope the physical damage is as reparable as can be expected - with a will to fight the human body is capable of withstanding and adapting to a great deal.

Best wishes and stick in there - ya' still got good stuff to do in your life or you wouldn't be here right now ;):D

Back