How's Your Year Been? (2018)

I’m deducing here that you’re either obscenely wealthy or a bit dim

The key point is that ibiza might not be top of the list if people at tesco are suddenly paying £9 for some heavily tarrifed chipolatas

I’m deducing here that you’re either obscenely wealthy or a bit dim

The key point is that ibiza might not be top of the list if people at tesco are suddenly paying £9 for some heavily tarrifed chipolatas
He was clearly having a laugh, something the British have pretty good at since I've been alive(36 years).
You dont always have to be a prick you know, you aren't god just cause you live on the mainland and think the economy is the be all and end all. Not everyone thinks the same as you do, no need to be a twat just because someone doesnt think like you x

He was clearly having a laugh, something the British have pretty good at since I've been alive(36 years).
You dont always have to be a prick you know, you aren't god just cause you live on the mainland and think the economy is the be all and end all. Not everyone thinks the same as you do, no need to be a twat just because someone doesnt think like you x

Seriously just go f-ck yourself

This was a decent thread until certain posters started sneering at other people’s real-life worries

how-did-you-vote-said-pooh-leave-said-piglet-i-2915124.png

"certain posters" seem to be quite shy about punting their usual praise of Brexit.....wonder why?

I’m a supporter of Brexit but am at a stage now where I want to contribute to a healing of divisions, not trying to open up and deepen existing ones. No point starting up the same old arguments that have been done to death over the last two years, both in here and in real life.

For what’s it worth, even though I disagree somewhat with the outlook, think it’s quite reasonable to list political concerns in a summary of the year. Most of us on here aren’t 17 anymore and there is wider context to our lives than going to raves and getting fukced up!

Think what worry's people the most, is uncertainty and I get that makes people anxious about the future, no one really knows how it will pan out for Britain and the people living here.

I may have spoken too soon! In the days since I posted my year in review:
- I got a nasty cold and spent much of last week at home
- My wife had her phone stolen
- Our baby caught my cold and developed bronchitis so she and the missus spent Christmas Eve in the hospital. The baby is improving but they might keep them there for another day or two.
Also really missing being with the parents & my brother's family for the holidays (since we couldn't travel that far with the infant)
Not an auspicious end to the year, to say the least!
Still a cracking year though.

Highs - moving in with my good lady to a nice new build flat, enjoying the quiet life. Managed to squeeze in holidays to Berlin and Ibiza and a stag do in Budapest. My cousin's wedding in July was also great, and it brought my brother and his family over from California for 2 weeks in the summer which was a nice bonus. The summer was a cracker too, spent a lot of time out and about despite working a lot of overtime (which funded the holidays so I'm not complaining). Being in good health. I've already gone on about my latest Ibiza trip in other threads but although it was a strange one it was again a nice time hanging out with friends which is what it's all about for me really - looking forward to my upcoming trip in May with my Mum, has been a long time talked about so glad it's finally happening. The V&A Dundee opening weekend was also a high point with Primal Scream in attendance at a big free gig - good vibes all round.

Lows - Dundee Utd, again - bane of my life but hopefully that will sort itself out soon enough. Family stuff you've no control over, loved ones getting older and health issues taking hold (had my own unexpected issues at the tail end of last year which turned out to be not as serious as was initially thought but it gave me a bit of a scare and some perspective). The political situation at home and abroad and a feeling of helplessness and resignation at the whole thing.

Somewhat a delayed response from me, not been on here properly for awhile!

Highs:
Transcend went from strength to strength last year, as did Dark Matter.
Work has been great recently, settled in to my new role over the last 12 months. Been with my company 8 years now, it's mad.
Lots of good events, and festivals.
Trip to Ibiza. Fell in love with the island again this year, as we spent much more time exploring it. Very happy with that.
Haven't killed my girlfriend since she moved in, so that's good! :lol:
Planned a stag do and it went really well, stag loved it. :D

Lows:
Moving out of our house in Wandsworth. Group of 8 of us have gone our separate ways. Will miss that house, as it was huge.
Brexit is making things ever more expensive. I think we're in for an interesting couple of months, but it could be disastrous if we leave with no deal by default.

Back