How will the poor euro exchange rate effect clubbing numbers?

I LOVE EIVISSA!

Just thought i would try and get some crack going.How do you think the poor exchange rate effect clubbing numbers visiting the white isle in 2009?

Think it could be a major factor. I'm seriously hoping sterling isnt in this state in July, up to £50 for a ticket, £8 for a 330ml bottle of water... painful

yea it doesnt look good.....will just have to try and watch your pennies while u r out there (if thats possible).

i will be out there for 2 weeks in august and am prayin things get better

Was checking out hotel prices and realized that the same hotel next year will work out 200 quid more expensive due to the exchange rate. Ouch.

Been going to the white isle for the last 5 years but probably going to give it a miss this year one part being the crap exchange rate and going to Oz for 3 weeks. Its going to be hard giving the island a miss!

i can still see plenty of numbers but the smaller nights are really going to suffer as everyone will be on a budget saving their money for the bigger nights and only going to a superclub a few times on their trip

i can still see plenty of numbers but the smaller nights are really going to suffer as everyone will be on a budget saving their money for the bigger nights and only going to a superclub a few times on their trip

Has that not been happening anyway?

Look at the smaller nights last year- half empty whilst the big ones- Cocoon, Cream, FMIF were rammed to the rafters.

thing is, regardless of how much you get for your money, wouldn't you rather spend it in ibiza than skegness or your local.

:idea:

I think that this year will be the one that the clubs and the island in general get a kick up the arse.

I can see the last two weeks in July and first two in August being busy without being the complete jam-packed affair that they usually are but the rest of the summer being unaturally quiet.

It can go one of two ways from there in my opinion....Either it goes on a downward spiral year upon year or there is some revision of just how much they are ripping the pish with their prices and numbers will recover within a few years.

We're still going but will be going first 2 weeks in August to guarentee there is a buzz abut the place while we are there....Usually we avoid that time like the plague due to the over-busyness but am confident that the drop in numbers will make it a lot more bearable.

Maybe a quiet year and loss of revenue will give the authorities a glimpse of the chunk of the economy they can potentially lose? I understand that the clubbing side is by no means the biggest source of tourist cash but nonetheless in the current claimate there are not many who can afford to make the choice to try and purposefully rid themselves of a fairly large source of money.

I think that this year will be the one that the clubs and the island in general get a kick up the arse.

I can see the last two weeks in July and first two in August being busy without being the complete jam-packed affair that they usually are but the rest of the summer being unaturally quiet.

It can go one of two ways from there in my opinion....Either it goes on a downward spiral year upon year or there is some revision of just how much they are ripping the pish with their prices and numbers will recover within a few years.

We're still going but will be going first 2 weeks in August to guarentee there is a buzz abut the place while we are there....Usually we avoid that time like the plague due to the over-busyness but am confident that the drop in numbers will make it a lot more bearable.

Maybe a quiet year and loss of revenue will give the authorities a glimpse of the chunk of the economy they can potentially lose? I understand that the clubbing side is by no means the biggest source of tourist cash but nonetheless in the current claimate there are not many who can afford to make the choice to try and purposefully rid themselves of a fairly large source of money.

No, It'll be the year that we get a kick up the arse- the Island will continue as usual, while we spend even more than last year.

I can't see the numbers being affected a great deal because of the pound/euro situation

-after all it's not just British people that go to Ibiza is it?

The majority of the rest of the people that holiday there are from Germany, Italy and Spain. I can't see the strength of the Euro against the pound holding them back, can you?

A dip in clubbing numbers may just help some of the prices for entry and drinks come down a fraction for 2010 but the euro punters will come to the island as usual. Maybe the brits will bring the clubbing numbers down on the white isle this year.

How about the dj's also request less cash to help costs?

biglaugh.gif

Do you think Tiesto gives a f*ck about the drinks prices? :lol:

Or the tourist numbers, when he looks from the booth and sees 10,000+ people every Monday night?

Let's face it the DJ's are the people who probably care the least about Ibiza. It's just a job to them- jet in for a nights work then away again.

Why would they want to take a paycut?

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and the Mrs are having a couple of weeks in Chicago in September instead... It's actually working out only about £200 more for everything, and the spending money should easily pull that back.

The majority of the rest of the people that holiday there are from Germany, Italy and Spain. I can't see the strength of the Euro against the pound holding them back, can you?
This is the point I made in the open chat thread on this issue.

This really only affects the Brits, who really need to stop whining after a very lucky decade-plus of the strong pound.

The Euro-zone visitors will be out in equal/greater numbers. Furthermore, others might find Ibiza a more appealing destination as the Euro has weakened against some other currencies (eg. dollar) when compared to 6 months ago.

I'm still going to Ibiza and still going to have a good time, but if the rates stay as they are or get worse i will just change some of my spending habits , such as no taxi's i will use the bus instead , and I will enjoy some of the more reasonably priced bars before sampling things such as sunset bars and clubs.

Back