How was Hed Kandi

I fear that the Kanders are being dragged kicking and screaming towards commercial hell !!

Don't look into the light!!!!!!

I was at El Divino too - and I must admitt that at one point I did feel as if I was in an episode of Hi - De -Hi !! Snob I know - but I felt really uneasy about the whole night.

Welcome to the board La Hemme!!!!

What should we do with them?!

Good to be here Mr C.

The only thing to do with all the Sherman / stella brigade is to ...... as they say in true Hi De Hi stylie ( for you true fans...)

Chuck them all in the pool!!!

I can only say this

Ibiza 2003
Hed Kandi - 0
(sorry boys but you sold out to scumsville!)

Ministry Opening - 1
(Mr Vega at his best!! )

Yes - chuck them ALL in the pool! With bricks tied to their Ben Shermans and their Blackadder III shoes....

Louie rocked.

Did you see Mike Skinner there, looking like a right scally?!

Oh yes!!

They were all at Pacha.... even the guy that looks like Uncle Albert from Only Fools and Horses!

8)

I think you're all overeacting!! The beer boys were not as numerous as you're saying. But it's always frustrating to see them invade a club, specially El Divino. The terrace was really chilling especially at 4:00 in the morning. I entered the club at 3 am and may be at that time half of the beer boys have gone. Lucky me.
This year they conquered Pacha :evil: . I think it's time to tighten the entrance policy in Pacha and El Divino. These 2 should be beer boys free. :x

I´m sure that the kandi lot. and I know the island it´s a sad fact that you do NEED a certain amount of the sherman brigade there. Am sure that running the season in Ibiza is a different kettle of fish entirely to doing a night in the UK. They only have three months to recoup their expenses. Including DJ fees club decor etc. Louis may have rocked at misery but that´s NEVER been what kandi´s about (plus he probably costs 5,000 quid)... Don´t you lot EVER read the press or the the blurbs on the inlay covers. If you don´t want to see the beer boys and it´s that much of a problem.... just turn up at half three. It´s not difficult....

you lot stop moaning
if you were there it rocked afetr half three those boys had it jumpin ...
no big names just the gang of kandi djs

brand new heavies at half sevn in the morning back to love trust me no shermanator in the house.. ok not pacha london but by all accounts better than retro

stop moaning and start party ing .................

:D

yay. nice work fella. maybe if some of these bods had actually tried enjoying themselves rather than getting on their high horses worrying about everyone else in the place they may have enjoyed the whole thing... Shame on the lot of you!!!!!!! Believe KANDI is the way to go on the island, the workers I´ve been chatting to out here are loving it. And so as you lot know. These so called 18 - 30 buses are for us too. We have to work our arses off for 30 euros a day and that´s just the cab fare back from the club. It´s just nice that kandi´ll think about us as well. Whereas the like of louis and misery couldn´t give a bol***ks. Sorry it had to be said. Sometimes you lot don´t know that you´re born........

2 questions, 1 off topic and 1 serious

1. (the OT one) I'm dutch, and dont know much about Brittish history, but I know very well what kind of ppl u mean when u mention the 'Sherman Brigade' or 'Ben Sherman'. I was just wondering where (or who) these terms comes from

2. In general (not just Headkandi), Did this happen to more clubs the last weeks? I'm leavin on sunday................ And I choose Ibiza, and Ibiza-Town..... Cuz Beerboys are the thing i hate most on my holidays...... last year Salou was an horror to me....
So plz tell me this was only a single occasion, cuz i dont feel like watching my back in my 1 week of rest, if u understand what i mean :(

.RoelTjeH. said:
2 questions, 1 off topic and 1 serious

1. (the OT one) I'm dutch, and dont know much about Brittish history, but I know very well what kind of ppl u mean when u mention the 'Sherman Brigade' or 'Ben Sherman'. I was just wondering where (or who) these terms comes from

The terms 'Ben Sherman brigade' or Sherman kids' comes from the fact the the drunken,beer boy crowd that we were refering to very often wear (nasty,tasteless) shirts made by Ben Sherman. The shirt characterises this type of crowd.

Point taken Beethaboy. It had been a particularly hot week in Ibiza, it was my last weekend, Ibiza town was heaving, I had burnt my stomach and I was wearing a padded shirt and a pair of cords, thereby making me more irritable than usual. Still, my expectations weren't matched with Hed Kandi.

Remember - this is just MY opinion. FYI, I DO read the inlays on the CD's. I was not complaining about the music, I was complaining about the door policy and clientele.

Enjoy the rest of your time in Ibiza and keep us clued-up on the rest of the Kandi nights.

Totally agree with Mr C.

I wasn't dissing the music - it's just that when you've been stuck in San An for 2 weeks trying to avoid the Sherman-ites I was looking for a chance to escape and enjoy, what I thought would be that highlight of my fortnight.

Maybe I wasn't in the best mood that night either.

Kandi deserve our support. :oops:

COMMENTS ON HED KANDI FROM HEADKANDI

We're here and we are listening ...

It is true there are free buses and it is true we are selling tickets via Club 18-30... Unfortunately we get people who complain about Hed Kandi not
being exclusive enough and then people who have a go about being too
exclusive ... it's fairly difficult balancing the whole thing ... particularly
on your first big party on the wonderfully wild and weird place that is Ibiza.

One of the biggest problems was a host of San An Tickets sellers waging a price war ... so tickets were being sold at 15 - 20 Euros ...possibly encouraging those that may be put off by the price to come along . We've rectified this ...and as the night moves along we'll get more across the
whole door issue ..

At the moment we've got the music right , the decor right and the crowd really isn't that bad... also ... if we can drag a few of the people that only ever see the West End over to the true side of ibiza isn't that a good
thing?

Plus there's a few other comments on this site saying we were too exclusive ...You Just Can't Win Sometimes !!!!

Bear with us ...we're not selling out and we're doing everything as well as we can but the further away we are from our nice easy controllable gig
in London ... the harder it gets... but we do take notice !

By the way ... The Free Hed Kandi Sampler hits the Island this weekend
despite how the party turns out ,,,,who else is going to give you a lovely
free CD with 16 tracks on it ...!!!

Thanks for all your comments and keep them coming !

mark doyle

thanks again mark.

its nice to know that organisers like yourself do listen and take notice of there customers.

great news about the cd btw!

;)

Re: COMMENTS ON HED KANDI FROM HEADKANDI

Hedofkandi said:
We're here and we are listening ...

mark doyle

Thank you Mark for respecting the views of people here and having the courtesy to respond.

I feel responsible in way cos it seems I started this whole discussion off.

Please accept my apologies, but as I've stated previously, i wasn't having a go at the music, just some of the clientele.

Believe me, I am one of Kandi's staunchest followers and supporters, and I won't let a glitch of this nature taint my view of you and the hard work you do to give people a good time.

Long may you reign. Enjoy Ibiza. I'll be back.

**gets tounge out of kandi's trousers and goes back to work**

Mister c

misterc said:
Yes - a real shame. The culmination of a fortnight's great holiday and it all went down the drain.

I suppose that's what you get once you start becoming popular.

It doesn't help that nights such as these are being sold very cheaply int he Club 18-30 / Freestyle hotels in San An either.

God, I hate being a snob, but that's the only explanation for it!

When HEd Kandi was in Eden, it was fine - nice peolple, nice vibe and not a BEn Sherman in sight. Move it Ibiza town, in one of the best clubs on the ISland and it's like Blackpool on a stag night!!

Are you getting the picture of how utterly DESTROYED i was?!!!

Your not being a snob....no one wants those dick heads around..there only ability is knowing how to xxxx peoples nights up...We had a few on the bus from mambos to pacha.

oh and I wear Ben Shermans from time to time and that never stopped me earning the respect of some very decent people 8) 8) 8) ...
I earned it as always by showing it......sorted :p :p ;)

Ben Sherman Brigade.... Hahahahahaha

"Ben Sherman brigade" - hilarious.

I often joke that there is a standard issue uniform issued to all 18-19 year old males in the UK and Ireland.

Back