How was Hed Kandi

... actually, do you know what offended me most of all? All the England flags hanging from the balconies ..

*Saffy* said:
The West End ... teehee ... am sure most of us have "been there, done that" at least once in our lives ... Mind you, I don't think I ever slept in a shop doorway, but I HAVE certainly had far too much to drink and wobbled down the street with a group of girls, singing!

Have you done "All Night Long" standing on a table urging everyone to get on their feet to sing the first line .."Well, my friends the time has come - raise de roof and have some fun...""?

I have.

Music

Door Policy you can sort out, it was their first night!!

I'm told it was the busiest El Divino has ever been

what were the music/dj's like?

IT WAS HORRIBLE!!!!!!

all my dreams destroyed!!!

And all because of (cue snob factor) BUS LOADS of SAN AN Beer boys dressed by BURTON's all S***FACED everywhere!!

AARRGGHH!!!!!

Had to come home early I was so annoyed.

Have to agree with misterc on this one!!
Was really lookin forward to this one. Absolutely full of p!ssed up San An w@nkers (sorry but it was) apparently there was free buses on from coastline that needs to be stopped ASAP if you ask me. It actually got better later on when they all fell asleep and/or went home at about 5:30 - 6:00 but the damage had already been done. Loads of DJs wanderin around though and Vernon Kaye avec his missus he's a top a bloke they were well hammered as well.
Still enjoyed it but they need to tighten up the door policy then it would be a top night out.

Music was OK well I enjoyed it anyway. Glossy disco-ish house you know the type of thing Hed Kandi do quite well. Sound system wasnt the best. I think we get spoiled by the one in Pacha

jamesyboy said:
Absolutely full of p!ssed up San An w@nkers (sorry but it was) apparently there was free buses on from coastline that needs to be stopped ASAP if you ask me.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo! Its everybodies worst nightmare come true! :twisted: An invasion of the sacred ground of Ibiza Town by the army of San An, led by their all conquering general Ben Sherman...........I can see it now.......by the time I turn up in Ibiza Town they will be swarming all over the Dalt Villa like termites!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G-sus! Do promoters have no shame???!!! FREE buses!!!! WHAT are they doing? Surely the guys at Hed Kandi should know better than this - they certainly wouldn't like a "beer" atmosphere in London - so why at El Divino. (shaking head in sheer amazement)

Sincerely hope they sort it out. Hed Kandi party at Es Vive is sounding more popular by the minute!

Beer boys in Ibiza town........(still shaking head, still can't believe it!)......................I never thought i would see the day.

This has disturbed me imensely. Have decided to pack the minigun if they are there next time (may disguise it as a foam cannon)!
;)

very disappointed to hear that. Maybe loads of piss heads just turned up as it was an opening party & didn't understand what it was really all about?

OH MY GOD! What have I started here?

I feel like I'm betraying the Kandi!!!!!

the music will always be class IMO!

I picked up 3 old hed kandi CD's the other day in HMV for £20, very pleased with myself for that! :D

Was there also but must say that although there was a beer boy element, most of them were gone by half three... Certainly didn´t see many after that and certainly none of them were still there at half seven when it finally finished even though it could of carried on well into sunday night as well. It´s not as though the back room of eden last year didn´t have any beer boys either. and I enjoyed that one as well....

I was gone by 4:30 cos i couldnt take it anymore, but i know from other people who went that it was great towards the end.

Don't you feel sometimes that there's no escape in El Divino?

Nowhere to chill.

And don't tell me to go on the terrace, beacuse it's just as packed and actually HOTTER there than it is in the club itself!!!

OMG! Cant believe Hed Kandi attracted a beer boy crowd, and at El divino!!!???

Didnt think the beer boy crowd would go for that sort of night.

If Mark and the Kandi crew are promoting it in the 18-30 hotels and that then i guess its to ensure the night is busy, but THEY DONT NEED TO!

Kandi has so many followers that the night would be full of and i hate to say it "the right sort of crowd" even without a promo blitz in San an.

I'm going to Hed Kandi in B'ham tomorrow night and will try to speak to Mark Doyle to find out what the story is and why there were so many beered up sherman boys at El divino.

I've never seen that type of crowd at any other Kandi event in Pacha,Bambu, Honeyclub or Ibiza.

N8 said:
OMG! I'm going to Hed Kandi in B'ham tomorrow night and will try to speak to Mark Doyle to find out what the story is and why there were so many beered up sherman boys at El divino.

N8 - make sure you DO talk to him.....i think a lot of people are a bit upset/disillusioned about this. Most folks that i know in London who go to this sort of night will be really pissed off quite frankly - its not worth him tarnishing the Hed Kandi name for the sake of a full club.

Also i think a few people consider El Divino to be one of the only exclusive places left on the island - certainly it would never be associated with the scummers from SanAntonio...........it would be a shame to see this change with free buses there etc. Its things like this that scare all of US about the future of the island.

So far we have been a bit tongue in cheek about it - but i am genuinely annoyed that they have promoted it to entirely the wrong crowd. As you say - they wouldn't do it at Pacha London would they??!!

Let us know what he says.
Rant over!
;)

Good on yer! Get on the case, or before we know it Hed Kandi will be putting out "The Best Bangin' Euro Cover Versions EVER!!!"

Back