How much?

Like the UK then, only with less concern on environmental impact.

Ibiza residents and yourself must be extreme far right to have such opinions.

I totally get it

Though I wondered how long term, will 'business' succeed. And ultimately that is super important to an island that was once very poor?

The only way to bring down rent and property prices is to build - what else of anything would sort this issue? Maybe government intervention to cap rent?

Also I wonder if more and more dream of leaving the UK as Labour destroy it, like myself, to live in a place like Ibiza - in turn exacerbating the issue

I wouldn't class almost 20 trips to Ibiza a few holidays....

me extreme far right? sorry…what?

🤷🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

me extreme far right? sorry…what?

🤷🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

Oh wait sorry.... its what you get called in the UK. If you suggest that mass immigration is having a negative effect. A fascist extreme far right thug.

Though you can't be extreme far left.

So yeah if you are a resident of Ibiza, who suggests that there are too many numbers coming to the island. Then I am afraid you are a far right fascists thug.

So I am just over the 4 year mark now (July 2020 vibes)… and a few of my points:
  • I came in Covid. Therefore I LUCKED OUT with my rent. And I mean seriously. So much so that I am bricking it for next year (end of my contract) so I have already asked for a meeting with my landlord.
  • Living here on your own is hard. Double rent etc etc. I don’t know if many people that can cope with the expenses solo.
  • My bills are around €100-150 a month for electricity and water. €60 for WiFi/phone.
  • Going out once a month I feel is unrealistic. If the weather wasn’t beautiful most of the time it would be easier, but when the sun is out at cañas are calling, every lunch out can easily turn into dinner and drinks. Even sober I spend much more every single month on eating out than I expect to (and I budget high after 4 years of kidding myself lol)
  • I now lease a car because I CBA with the hassle of owning one that kept breaking. I checked back and my insurance was €500 for the year.

If I remember anything else I’ll add it!

So I am just over the 4 year mark now (July 2020 vibes)… and a few of my points:
  • I came in Covid. Therefore I LUCKED OUT with my rent. And I mean seriously. So much so that I am bricking it for next year (end of my contract) so I have already asked for a meeting with my landlord.
  • Living here on your own is hard. Double rent etc etc. I don’t know if many people that can cope with the expenses solo.
  • My bills are around €100-150 a month for electricity and water. €60 for WiFi/phone.
  • Going out once a month I feel is unrealistic. If the weather wasn’t beautiful most of the time it would be easier, but when the sun is out at cañas are calling, every lunch out can easily turn into dinner and drinks. Even sober I spend much more every single month on eating out than I expect to (and I budget high after 4 years of kidding myself lol)
  • I now lease a car because I CBA with the hassle of owning one that kept breaking. I checked back and my insurance was €500 for the year.

If I remember anything else I’ll add it!

Thanks for this!! I was always intrigued and somewhat a little motivated when I watched your YouTube content.

Are you in Santa Eularia?

Like the UK then, only with less concern on environmental impact.

Ibiza residents and yourself must be extreme far right to have such opinions.

I totally get it

Though I wondered how long term, will 'business' succeed. And ultimately that is super important to an island that was once very poor?

The only way to bring down rent and property prices is to build - what else of anything would sort this issue? Maybe government intervention to cap rent?

Also I wonder if more and more dream of leaving the UK as Labour destroy it, like myself, to live in a place like Ibiza - in turn exacerbating the issue

I wouldn't class almost 20 trips to Ibiza a few holidays....
Well 3 trips , 20 or 100 it’s the same , you are on holiday ! Do you speak Spanish ? You will never be integrated with the locals without it ! Living and working here is completely different and believe me it’s not so easy! If you can work remotely and have a salary coming from outside, good for you , but if you want to work on the island , you will have to work hard , be passionate , and it will take sometimes before making it ! ( when I say making it it’s just having enough money to live here a simple life )

Well 3 trips , 20 or 100 it’s the same , you are on holiday ! Do you speak Spanish ? You will never be integrated with the locals without it ! Living and working here is completely different and believe me it’s not so easy! If you can work remotely and have a salary coming from outside, good for you , but if you want to work on the island , you will have to work hard , be passionate , and it will take sometimes before making it ! ( when I say making it it’s just having enough money to live here a simple life )

My plan is to be able to live in Ibiza without having to work - which is sort of why I made this post. I need to figure out what is required to live modestly on the island so I can work towards that.

I did make a start and learn some real basic Spanish, but once I am more committed and know when I am moving I will really go about learning it - not just because I love the idea of learning a new language but I feel it is respectful and will really benefit my experience.

I cannot live the rest of my life not living somewhere else or being immersed in another culture. I would find that a real pity later on and so this is really important to me.

Me and my girlfriend really 'feel' at home when we are on the island. Out of our week there we will spend a couple of nights partying. The rest is a combination of visiting new locations, shopping at lidl, trying the local's favourite cafes or restaurants or just spending a day at one of the many cala's.

Having a scooter for the week and an apartment really allows you to get about and 'feel' like you sort of are 'living' there. - at least that is how I feel when I am sipping on a coffee in santa gertrudis watching the locals walk by. And I want more of that simplicity.

From November until end of April you can rent a flat or a house very easily on the island , you arrive during the quiet season, and you see if you like it, and if so you will have time to put things in place to live year-round

There's some lovely places on Idealista at the moment for winter season.

Just so sad how much they hike up for summer. I get it, just the lack of annual rentals sucks. Even if I wanted to move, I don't think I could.

Back