How much money do you folks take?

I spent about $3500 last year (that includes flight). I guess alot of it was first time Stupidity.

Spending money is about $100/day

I prefer to use debit cards to get the cash I need there on the island than to bring all the cash from home, and use credit card wherever I can to do a payment. I'll not run out of money.

Aaron said:
Budweiser said:
Im takin £500 for a week, will I run out easily?

Depends,,,,,what do you wanna do in a week?

Pretty much everything.........well not EVERYTHING but you know, everything somebody should do on their first trip to the island.

I was plannin on takin £1000 for 2 weeks, but having read this im hopin to muster together about £1300 which means i will have about £100 per day.

I really want to have more than enough rather than not enough.

I was planning on spending about $3000 for my wife and myself.... That's just spending $$$.... Room and airfare are already taken care of... We got a killer deal on Iberian from NYC -$670.00 round trip!!!

How is shopping in Ibiza...hoping to come home with some new clothes, records, etc.... Do they have good shops in Ibiza?

jannica said:
Wow, premile! That's a lot! I wish I had those kind of funds! Oh well, I'm sure I'll have fun anyway. :D

You're in for a memorable experience no matter what your budget. I've been saving up since September to make this one special.

if you dont get roped into paying muchos ££ for meals at night and taxis you can pi$$ it on 500 quid...just make sure you get as many half price entries as you can..might mean turning up early but it will save you a few bob in the long run..!!
im out there on the 22nd and was thinking about 600 quid would do me...
just dont blow it all on the first few nights...keep the majority of it for your last 4 nights...by then you will have sussed out what clubs are going to be best for you...timewise and how to save a few quid

Last yr i did about $3500 for 7 nights, we partied EVERY night and bought a ton of shitt. This yr we're planning on $3000CAD for 2 weeks, we're not gonna be clubbin every night and i dont think im gonna spend so much on souvenirs since i brought sooo many things back last yr. Plus we're heading in mid june when prices for accomodations r still relatively cheap with respect to what ppl r charged during high season.

micHEal

In 2001 I managed to go out to one of the big clubs every night on £350, I was pretty skint at the time but managed by not going out to expensive restaurants and not drinking in the clubs.

Last year I spent around £700 - 800 in the week I was there but there was a big group of us so i was always buying drinks, going out for meals as well as clubbing.

J20 per week

shut up guys! don't you limit yourself by 20 pounds per week for your grocery and stuff from Tesco/S'bury? who's student here? how much is a normal lunch in ibiza and how large is a typical serving? bigger than in Cyprus?

:)

Cost of clothes food : £300

Cost of alcohol : £800

Being caught shagging a fat heffer by all your mates : PRICELESS

lol

LOL guys on a serious note, i went for the opening parties in june 2002 and managed to go out every night to the big nights for 2 weeks and only spend £1000, tbh unless u start your drinking in one of those expensive bars then your not gonna need much more, in the shops you can pick up alcohol for dead cheap so u can start your drinking binge early and for next to nothing, then u dont need to spend as much on alcohol when your out. I managed to have an amazing time so it wasnt jus me cutting costs on everything, infact i spent more than my mates so it can be done for even less!

And for those ppl who like "other" things :rolleyes: , u can pick them up cheap aswell, u jus need to learn to haggle....and believe me the lucky lucky men and the local spaniards can b haggled easy, jus make out as if your not desperate for them and u can get them for a better price somewhere else. Also they are alot stronger than UK so u wont need as many.

Happy Holidays ;)

Re: J20 per week

emil said:
shut up guys! don't you limit yourself by 20 pounds per week for your grocery and stuff from Tesco/S'bury? who's student here? how much is a normal lunch in ibiza and how large is a typical serving? bigger than in Cyprus?

I haven´t been to Ibiza, yet. But I agrre with you, 500-1000£/week sounds too much.

Re: J20 per week

Anna said:
emil said:

I haven´t been to Ibiza, yet. But I agrre with you, 500-1000£/week sounds too much.
Anna a quick tip, when you want to do a quote before you post untick the box saying 'Disable BBCode in this post' and the quote will format properly. The box you need to untick is just underneath the reply box.

Back