how much do u owe?.................

I lived on credit cards for two years when i was setting up my company. it was an incentive to make it work , but highly risky too! i had no one to give me money or loan me money, so it was all down to me to sort it.

Getting into debt for the right reasons is fine if you've got the bottle and a plan.

I'm a Uni student and am currently in £2000 debt (that needs to be paid now, obviously not over all) yet I'm still going next year no matter what! It's only money!

I've got no debt whatsoever. A wee bit of money in the bank. I'm still living with my parents though.

I got myself into loads of debt over my flat and car and social life, had a loan, 2 cards and several store cards. Thankfully I have one set of amazing grandaparents who bailed me out of it all I now pay her back monthly and it is so much easier and less stressful cos I know that if I need to pay a bit less I can.

I now tell all my mates never to get cards or loans "cos they can". I have been there, done that and got the defaults on my credit score so I know how hard it is to get out of debt. It also means that my mortgage is not as good a deal as it could be.

Last year was my first holiday abroad as in the past I could not afford it but I would def not put myself into debt for a holiday. We are staying all inclusive this year and it is all paid off now, I dont have as much spending money as I would like to have but being all inclusive means that I don't have to worry about money to spend on food through the day and can get a good session in before hitting the bars later on in the night.

Whatever you decide to do Mr Jenx you need to think of the situation when you get back home.

By the sounds of it a lot of members on here have been in the same situation and its good to see everyone is getting back on track with finances

so, has a decision been made? 8)

yes it has. and im gonna leave it for this year. decided that even if i went, when i get home and have to start paying it off then it wouldnt have been worth it.

ive been to ibiza 8 times anyway so i think 1 year off isnt gona hurt, plus i get to be debt free within 2 months now. if we didnt have to get a new boiler then i wouldve gone for defo, but these things get thrown at you and although ibiza wouldve been fantastic, i have more urgent responsibilities other than holidays this year.

on the plus side, its my girlfreinds 30th bday im march so we have decided to go to las vegas in june next year for 11 nights to celebrate. it means that when we go i will be funding the holiday without being in debt so it will be nice to relax and come home knowing that i aint gona get stung by interest on credit cards. we went to vegas 2 years ago and had the time of our lives. i have to say, although ibiza will always be special to us (its where we met!!) there are other places we want to see and visit and i think ibiza will now only ever be a memory.

who knows? maybe we will go back one day, but for the moment no plans to return.

i will keep coming on the forum though and maybe sharing my experiences and advice with people who are 1st timers in ibiza.

thanks for all the advice on this thread though, was much appreciated :D

EGG Loan finally paid off! woooopwhoooop!

as from next month, thats effectively a £2k pay rise!

Now for the next one! :)

Aww... congrats, Chew. Good news indeed.

So why, then, did you remove the countdown from your signature!?

Nothing bar a little bit on my Egg card from the States which I'll pay off this month. Under a grand anyway.

Trust me, it's just not worth getting into heaps of debt.

Aww... congrats, Chew. Good news indeed.

So why, then, did you remove the countdown from your signature!?

t'was starting to get annoying!

:lol:

now ive freed up capital i can start making major inroads in the other outstanding debts!

mainly the car loan . hoping to pay off next 10 months and save up the same so i can clear that one early to free up even more cash!

t'was starting to get annoying!

:lol:

now ive freed up capital i can start making major inroads in the other outstanding debts!

mainly the car loan . hoping to pay off next 10 months and save up the same so i can clear that one early to free up even more cash!

Put your capital to work m8.......

I can get you in on a brilliant pyramid scheme for the right money.

I used to have savings and money to burn but spent so much money in recent years going to football matches all over the place, and just generally travelling and larging it up im now in severe debt:cry: no one to blame but myself but ive a big load of debts to clear,so id certainly not go on holiday for 2 weeks again if it meant id be in a lot of debt,paying for my deluxe apartment in the city and this ****ing recession isn't helping things either:x

Last edited by a moderator:
I owe HSBC lots of money but they aren't getting it back and i look forward to my day in court agaisnt them when i rip them to pieces and show them up for the robbing bar stewards they are :D

I owe HSBC lots of money but they aren't getting it back and i look forward to my day in court agaisnt them when i rip them to pieces and show them up for the robbing bar stewards they are :D

whens that decision gonna be made by the OFT about the fees... they owe me about £3k in that case!

In the meantime wont the fcukers give you a bad credit rating?

In the meantime wont the fcukers give you a bad credit rating?

Probably, not bothered :lol:

Will just contact the ref co's and get my files updated/amened when i've sorted it, no hassle really :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back