how much are superstar DJS paid?

Morbyd said:
PachaGirl79 said:
I have no idea who Masters At Work are :oops: :oops: :oops: (PG's musical credibility goes down by a landslide :lol: )
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Kenny "Dope" Gonzalez and "Little" Louis Vega. Todd Terry also participated in some of their early work. They've produced many a club hit and most recently put out a compilation in the Defected series last year.

AH Ok, I know who Kenny Dope and Louis Vega are, just didn't know who they were collectively :oops: :rolleyes:

PachaGirl79 said:
AH Ok, I know who Kenny Dope and Louis Vega are, just didn't know who they were collectively :oops: :rolleyes:

:lol: ;)

Louie also used to be married to India of 'To be in love' fame.

They don't play together that much, they 'apparently' had a bit of a falling out a few years ago and their DJing sets together were few and far between, the last 2 years or so they've been playing together bit more but still only maybe a couple of UK dates a year (altho at their price that's probably why).

Barbie said:
nish said:
Masters At Work have charged the highest Ive ever known of for a normal club set together.

My eyes came out on stalks when Phil told me what they were paid for their 9 hour Ministry extravaganza :eek: :lol:

You think with all that cash Kenny would be able to invest in a dietician and some decent threads :lol:

Bless the big one :lol: ;)

Ministry and Shindig paid extortionate amounts of dollars. Scandalous.

:lol: :lol: @ Decent threads... meeeow x

BARTONIOUS said:
fatphilb said:
Coffeetime said:
so Djs are paid in the 5 digits. I guess its worth it, considering they pull in the numbers, I mean why should all the money go to the promotors right!
and djs like zabelia I think he needs to actually create some music, produce some music , he is still young but high in demand! he is living a greta life right now traveling the world playing partys, im sure in a few more years he will get his title..

B0009R1SIW.01._PE18_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B0002IQB0S.01._PE8_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Much more exciting than Tiesto imho. His Emix from February 2004 was incredible.

Goes without saying, anyone with half a brain would agree. Zabiela is a good price like, was surprised when Excession told me his fee.

Purpose of my post was to highlight to Coffeetime the merits of JZ and that he does indeed produce music and doesn't need to "start".

NITEFLY said:
To book ONE of the Groove Aramada boys to DJ for ONE hour, costs £10,000

Or you can have 'em both for £5K! :p

Boom-tish!

ps Variations on this joke involving cost reductions for each play of Superstylin' will still infringe the authors asserted copyright!

Bring back Hazy Fantazy Healy & Boy George! (or Nigel Benn) :lol:

I'll nick Sacha's lappy the next time I'm out - i'm available for Weddings, funerals & Bar-mitzvahs for £50 a pop and bag of pork scratchings.

Worlds gone mad.

Last week I was in Space and some staff from there said me that on tuesdays, Car Cox party at Space, he wins 45.000€.... Wow... Wow...Wow... And It's always full... :eek::eek:

Back in 93-94, Jr. Vasquez was getting $10,000+ for his weekly gig at Sound Factory- when they closed he was paid almost double to move into Tunnell/Palladium- 10 years ago!

It also depends on who you are and if they wanna come and play. I know Tiesto did a gig last year or two years ago for less then 10K for 2 hours. He wanted to play there.

Or you can have 'em both for £5K! :p

Boom-tish!

ps Variations on this joke involving cost reductions for each play of Superstylin' will still infringe the authors asserted copyright!

And now live from the old jokes home...

Bring back Hazy Fantazy Healy & Boy George! (or Nigel Benn) :lol:

I'll nick Sacha's lappy the next time I'm out - i'm available for Weddings, funerals & Bar-mitzvahs for £50 a pop and bag of pork scratchings.

Worlds gone mad.

Martin Offiah spins funky and soulful house these days too....

harking back a bit here, did anyone go to the millenium nyears cream tent thing in liverpool. about 100 quid a ticket & 4 quid for a small can of skol. and an utter fookin disaster it was at that. anyway, reliable word on the st was fatboy slim picked up 100 grand for a nights work, albeit (bless) he had to play two gigs for his money (cant remember where the other was) and fly in a helicopter between em!

harking back a bit here, did anyone go to the millenium nyears cream tent thing in liverpool. about 100 quid a ticket & 4 quid for a small can of skol. and an utter fookin disaster it was at that. anyway, reliable word on the st was fatboy slim picked up 100 grand for a nights work, albeit (bless) he had to play two gigs for his money (cant remember where the other was) and fly in a helicopter between em!

the cream at the pier head thing was one of the only successful Millennium NYE events. even other cream events were unsuccessful (e.g. at Brixton Academy).

norman was due to play at brixton but didn't show i think, or he might have gone then fooked off early or somethin.

Sasha at midnight in the smaller tent was excellent. (btw, he played FSOL - PNG)8) 8) :D :D

Tongy got over £100K for playing cream gigs at pier head, nation and in cardiff.

actually grego, you have trggered a memory there. i had forgotten completely about the smaller tent to the rear. yes sasha, played a real hard set if i remember rightly, was dave clark on aswell? or is that just my mind. point taken, that area was banging.

i just have this memory of sterophonics playing, good band and all but did not fit in with the mitsubishi's, then oakey coming on at about 10pm when we were all geared for him later. all in a 1/3 full hall. at least franny jeffers got nicked..

Back