how much are superstar DJS paid?

Coffeetime

I guess its safe to say that djs like Tiesto, van burren, carl cox etc..
are in huge demand all over the world and are booked up all the time..
of course so many others Djs are famous if not more..
and prices will all depend on many factors..

so how much do you think they make a night? I know it all depends on blar blar blar.. but lets just average how much will they get for a few hours playing in a club on ibiza?

It varies depending on the gig etc, but Sasha, Tiesto, Cox all get 5 figure sums.
I found out what Tiesto got for a 2 hour set recently and it was staggering.

Another amazingly well paid dj is Erick Morillo.

Then there are dj's who you think would be paid a fortune, and arent, eg James Zabiela. It would be rude of me to tell you what he gets, but it is nowhere near what you might think.

Stu Hirst said:
It varies depending on the gig etc, but Sasha, Tiesto, Cox all get 5 figure sums.

Then there are dj's who you think would be paid a fortune, and arent, eg James Zabiela. It would be rude of me to tell you what he gets, but it is nowhere near what you might think.

can you actually give some digits?
what was tiesto paid for the 2 hours set?
morillo??
do you know any figures would like to know..
cheers..

Coffeetime said:
Stu Hirst said:

can you actually give some digits?
what was tiesto paid for the 2 hours set?
morillo??
do you know any figures would like to know..
cheers..

I do know the figures, let's just say it was a nice night's work, ain't gonna say anymore than that !!!
;)

tiesto is ridiculous now, i knew a promoter that was interested in booking him just after he won the dj mag poll for the first time and his fee was, i recall, around £15k, on top of this he was to take a stupid percentage of the door taking and on top of this his rider.

alex311279 said:
tiesto is ridiculous now, i knew a promoter that was interested in booking him just after he won the dj mag poll for the first time and his fee was, i recall, around £15k, on top of this he was to take a stupid percentage of the door taking and on top of this his rider.

his rider includes bottles of Crystal champagne, nuff said !!!

I know that Tiesto earns roughly $25,000 for a 3hour set + 2 first class flights + accomadation if needed. Mr Morillo earns somewhere around this figure too!

There's alot of really good dj's like the guy b4 said ie James Zabellia, who earn good money but are still rather cheap. A friend of mine was sorting a tour out and booked one dj who has been behind some of the biggest house anthems in the past 3 years and is on a respected label, and he only charged $1,000 for a 3hour set plus a couple of drinks.

Hmmmmmm, I've got the inside track on a few that visit Newcastle and it's staggering what they get. Morillo was the most expensive, makes my ridiculous puny fee pale in comparison. And they don't have to put up with sh*t I have to. :rolleyes:

marcxpand said:
I know that Tiesto earns roughly $25,000 for a 3hour set + 2 first class flights + accomadation if needed. Mr Morillo earns somewhere around this figure too!
you sure tiesto makes that every 3 hour set?
or is only when he plays the big 25.000 people concerts?
so he gets 25k every week from cream? DAMN!!!!!!!

so Djs are paid in the 5 digits. I guess its worth it, considering they pull in the numbers, I mean why should all the money go to the promotors right!
and djs like zabelia I think he needs to actually create some music, produce some music , he is still young but high in demand! he is living a greta life right now traveling the world playing partys, im sure in a few more years he will get his title..

Just think of the door/ticket prices for their gigs. They must get a decent percentage of that or else it wouldn't be so expensive for punters.

I heard from a very reliable source that Paul Oakenfold got paid $80,000 to spin a barely 3 hour set somewhere in Los Angeles, I think at the colusseum

I know Tiesto gets skyrocketing amounts, have heard some definite figures but if I revealed them you'd all have to kill me to spare me the strife sure to follow :p

There are SO MANY unbelievably talented artists that do not receive proper compensation for what they do... it oftentimes seems to be more about moochers trying to make the big bucks off marketing the crap out of NAMES :eek: :x and that to me is very sad. Love everyone on this site that appreciates real talent, no matter how well known the name is!!!

A little nauseating when you think of all the actors on "Friends" that are being paid almost a mil per episode :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: AND fat ass baseball players in the US getting paid $8,000,000 a year to strike out. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Coffeetime said:
so Djs are paid in the 5 digits. I guess its worth it, considering they pull in the numbers, I mean why should all the money go to the promotors right!
and djs like zabelia I think he needs to actually create some music, produce some music , he is still young but high in demand! he is living a greta life right now traveling the world playing partys, im sure in a few more years he will get his title..

B0009R1SIW.01._PE18_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B0002IQB0S.01._PE8_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Much more exciting than Tiesto imho. His Emix from February 2004 was incredible.

When MAW play Ministry Louie charges £xx,xxxx :lol: and Kenny gets the slightly lesser fee of £xx,xxxx :lol: Louie also has first class seat for him and his driver. Kenny just asks for lots of food :lol:

In this months Loaded magazine, there is an interview with Mauro Picotto and they talk about how much he earns as a dj,

Mauro states

' if i play a two hour set, i could buy a fancy apartment with the money '

Masters At Work have charged the highest Ive ever known of for a normal club set together.

fatphilb said:
Coffeetime said:

B0009R1SIW.01._PE18_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

B0002IQB0S.01._PE8_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Much more exciting than Tiesto imho. His Emix from February 2004 was incredible.

Goes without saying, anyone with half a brain would agree. Zabiela is a good price like, was surprised when Excession told me his fee.

nish said:
Masters At Work have charged the highest Ive ever known of for a normal club set together.

My eyes came out on stalks when Phil told me what they were paid for their 9 hour Ministry extravaganza :eek: :lol:

You think with all that cash Kenny would be able to invest in a dietician and some decent threads :lol:

Bless the big one :lol: ;)

PachaGirl79 said:
I have no idea who Masters At Work are :oops: :oops: :oops: (PG's musical credibility goes down by a landslide :lol: )
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Kenny "Dope" Gonzalez and "Little" Louis Vega. Todd Terry also participated in some of their early work. They've produced many a club hit and most recently put out a compilation in the Defected series last year.

Back