How long til' you go?

Yep. So, get to Ibiza. Meet @fhmsparkle. Have a few drinks and get to bed early. Don't get mangled on your first night like you always do. Pace yourself, @MauroPicotto will be here soon and you need to keep your energy for the carnage that he'll bring.

these are the mental notes i've been making all week leading up to this trip

Enter @wudyuk.

Game over.

An epic 1st night, still awake, pizza and pints to send me into a coma for a few hrs so i'm ready for my highlander hubby later tonight.

Wouldn't have it any other way. Love this magical island

Yep. So, get to Ibiza. Meet @fhmsparkle. Have a few drinks and get to bed early. Don't get mangled on your first night like you always do. Pace yourself, @MauroPicotto will be here soon and you need to keep your energy for the carnage that he'll bring.

these are the mental notes i've been making all week leading up to this trip

Enter @wudyuk.

Game over.

An epic 1st night, still awake, pizza and pints to send me into a coma for a few hrs so i'm ready for my highlander hubby later tonight.

Wouldn't have it any other way. Love this magical island

?? Glad you enjoyed! Onwards with the rest of the trip - plenty of time to sleep when you get home!

I really want to go in April next year, despite what I'm hearing. I guess it's pretty deserted and maybe even cold in April. I will have to do research on the weather, but I sort of have my heart set on going for my Spring Break. It was meant to be... :rolleyes:

I think it will be sort of nice that there are fewer people on the island in April because not only do I have mixed feelings about wall to wall shoulder to shoulder floors, I sort of have misgivings about crowds in general; at the airport or otherwise. I'm probably better off taking my trip then rather than say June or July; though my classes are technically out then too even though Summer classes are offered.

I can't flippin' wait! ?

I really want to go in April next year, despite what I'm hearing. I guess it's pretty deserted and maybe even cold in April. I will have to do research on the weather, but I sort of have my heart set on going for my Spring Break. It was meant to be... :rolleyes:

I think it will be sort of nice that there are fewer people on the island in April because not only do I have mixed feelings about wall to wall shoulder to shoulder floors, I sort of have misgivings about crowds in general; at the airport or otherwise. I'm probably better off taking my trip then rather than say June or July; though my classes are technically out then too even though Summer classes are offered.

I can't flippin' wait! ?

I went for Easter a few years back, at the start of April. The weather was lovely - not hot enough to sunbathe but warm enough not to need a jacket in the day. Chilly at night. It was quiet but that made a nice change. Just be aware that the majority of the clubs won't be open in April, nor the full quota of restaurants & bars. It is still a nice time to visit.

I went for Easter a few years back, at the start of April. The weather was lovely - not hot enough to sunbathe but warm enough not to need a jacket in the day. Chilly at night. It was quiet but that made a nice change. Just be aware that the majority of the clubs won't be open in April, nor the full quota of restaurants & bars. It is still a nice time to visit.
Thanks. I can possibly hold out until May 15 or thereabouts, so I will have to see.

My plan was to book Marriott, but they're not sure when they're going to be up and running. Still doing construction...

My fallback plan will be to book for the Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, which is in Playa d'en Bossa, so cool neighborhood.

Maybe I will wait until May. By that time I will have a compliment of two semesters Spanish under my belt, plus what I'm learning from the language website, DuoLingo. Maybe I'll be able to order food and talk to the Spanish in Castilian.

Thanks. I can possibly hold out until May 15 or thereabouts, so I will have to see.

My plan was to book Marriott, but they're not sure when they're going to be up and running. Still doing construction...

My fallback plan will be to book for the Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, which is in Playa d'en Bossa, so cool neighborhood.

Maybe I will wait until May. By that time I will have a compliment of two semesters Spanish under my belt, plus what I'm learning from the language website, DuoLingo. Maybe I'll be able to order food and talk to the Spanish in Castilian.
Personnaly I would not book in Playa d'em Bossa in April... Ghost town...

What about middle of May, like say 15th through 21st?

I was just there from 5/15-6/4, and the difference was day/night from about the 20th onwards....

Try to go the last week of May 21-28th. That way, you get the full opening party experience. I had a sibling come to Ibiza in April, after all my yapping about the place and she didn't come away as enthusiastic. I plan to get her on board the Ibiza train when we go back in June 2020!

Usually the last week of may is when the opening parties start, which can be quite busy, so that would be from the Monday 25th may next year or even just before as @CasaNegron has stated. This time as well as October closing is my favourite time to go.

I was just there from 5/15-6/4, and the difference was day/night from about the 20th onwards....

Try to go the last week of May 21-28th. That way, you get the full opening party experience. I had a sibling come to Ibiza in April, after all my yapping about the place and she didn't come away as enthusiastic. I plan to get her on board the Ibiza train when we go back in June 2020!
I will definitely keep all of this in mind. School lets out the spring semester on May 14th. After that, I'll be ready, but I think I might want to avoid the bulk of the crowds if at all possible. I do poorly with large groups and typically end up retreating when there are too many people. Here in the States we have a party each year called EDC (you may have heard of it). There is one in Las Vegas, one in Orlando, and numerous other global locales, but anyway... When I went to EDC, it was super crowded! I mean there were throngs of party goers. I ended up heading for the parking lot relatively early in the evening because I was put off by the amount of dodging shoulders I was having to do.

Similarly, dance floors at clubs in LA have me heading home/back to the room early. So do you think I might be better off in mid versus late May?

Back