How long til' you go?

actually really looking forward to this one. this trip caused a lot of acrimony and rows at home and very nearly didn't happen, thankfully all now resolved now, mainly looking fwd to letting my hair down. going with a very open mind this year and beyond hooking up with some pals coming from different countries, am really planning nothing at all.

actually really looking forward to this one. this trip caused a lot of acrimony and rows at home and very nearly didn't happen, thankfully all now resolved now, mainly looking fwd to letting my hair down. going with a very open mind this year and beyond hooking up with some pals coming from different countries, am really planning nothing at all.
Not even loose plans on the radar? Maybe I'm doing it all wrong. Wish I wasn't an organiser sometimes.

I just don't want any responsibility this time for anything apart from getting the car back intact. Every year I take ownership for everything and every year I get blamed for everything. Different people this time who may have completely different ideas to me and I'm happy to just go with it (within reason..!) I don't want the responsibility for when things go tits-up. I obv know what I'd prefer to do but I'm not gonna be a dictator.

I just don't want any responsibility this time for anything apart from getting the car back intact. Every year I take ownership for everything and every year I get blamed for everything. Different people this time who may have completely different ideas to me and I'm happy to just go with it (within reason..!) I don't want the responsibility for when things go tits-up. I obv know what I'd prefer to do but I'm not gonna be a dictator.
This is my predicament always, wish I'd done what your doing and relinquished responsibility. My boat trip to Formentera just got cancelled, was really looking forward to that. So looks like the best laid plans as they say, it may all go tits up as we have 4 outdoor day/early evening events planned. Adventure of the unknown could be a good thing.

Last edited:
Let's take the parties inside ? .. so you might come across some cracking little ones if those people are willing.....keep an ear out and if I see anything I'll post it on here.

If I stick my neck out, I reckon malanga is on the cards, maybe amare too, pikes, es vedra, sa trinxa etc the usual suspects (we have a first timer with us!) - maybe dalias or even cova santa? ... anything aimed at ageless 40-50 year olds without families in tow!

the real uncertainty is evening food and drink (and also beaches I haven't been to before) but have saved loads of good advice off here, for which I'm very grateful :)

If I stick my neck out, I reckon malanga is on the cards, maybe amare too, pikes, es vedra, sa trinxa etc the usual suspects (we have a first timer with us!) - maybe dalias or even cova santa? ... anything aimed at ageless 40-50 year olds without families in tow!

the real uncertainty is evening food and drink (and also beaches I haven't been to before) but have saved loads of good advice off here, for which I'm very grateful :)
What's Amare?

It'll be an interesting experience seeing things from the other side :lol:. See how long it takes before you wind up stepping in to save the day :lol::lol::lol:.

ha - maybe, who knows!?

is there generally more drama when you go with a partner OR when you go with mates ??

[genuine question]

Last edited:
I don't need to hold anyone's hand - I could do the whole thing alone. And have done loads alone before. I'm generally crap at breaking the ice with strangers though, which is problematic on holiday.

ha - maybe, how knows!?

is there generally more drama when you go with a partner OR when you go with mates ??

[genuine question]
Id say more with mates from my own experience. With mates you get conflict of opinions and might end up doing sumat you would rather not. With the missus she just follows my lead or i go out on my own ?

ha - maybe, how knows!?

[genuine question]

Most frustrating - with partner unless their interests and yours are very similar. 80% of the time not doing what you want. Barely any point going at all if you want to do different things on holiday.

Most chaotic - with mates unless they are independent for part of it or very much attuned with you. If not endless time wasted keeping together and faffing about. Especially if there's any significant time spent in pursuit of procurement of sweeties and generally getting stuff together. Oh and then there's the personality dramas, the going missing, the holiday flings and all the rest. Exhausted just thinking about it :lol:

Most gratifying - solo. For me anyway. It's not that I can't break the ice with strangers, but most of the time I CBA these days :lol:. Lucky to have people to meet with whom I have interests in common and that circle slowly expands too. Actually probably engage meaningfully with more people on my own than going either in a group of people I know or with a partner. In both cases there is a huge temptation to keep yourselves to yourselves for much of the trip. It's just that because you're with them you don't have so much solo time in between.

Back