How has your Ibiza holiday changed over the years?

It's the the white stuff that is brown muck. Complete rip off on the island for tiny bags and pure Shite quality. The mdma is fine imo

My trips have got shorter and now I can only get over on stags, which makes it hard to do the things I'd like to do as usually in a large group many of whom don't care about clubbing or dance music.

I'd love to do a solo trip but just won't be able to

It's the the white stuff that is brown muck. Complete rip off on the island for tiny bags and pure Shite quality. The mdma is fine imo

My trips have got shorter and now I can only get over on stags, which makes it hard to do the things I'd like to do as usually in a large group many of whom don't care about clubbing or dance music.

I'd love to do a solo trip but just won't be able to

Im the same. I passed up on a stag last month cos I knew it would be just drunken mayhem with no visits to anything Id like to do, which is a little less mainstream.
Im thinking my next trip might be a solo spring visit , hire a roadbike and just take off around the island.

Not much change for me, the 1st was 10 days, around 35 trips later it's always been 14 days. There was one other 10 day, couldn't think of anything less than a week....

August 2013 - First time 4 days - Just went to relax. No big thrills.

August 2014 - Second time 7 days - Loved it. Went to the big clubs and scored twice. Boat trips to Formentera and Es Vedra.

September 2015 - Third time 5 days - Another great one. Went clubbing, got drunk on champagne, scored, and some parts I can't even remember, which must mean it was awesome. :p

August 2016 - Fourth time 7 days - Went on a really tight budget. Only booked a room for 2 nights so had to stay awake for the rest of the time. Kept falling asleep on the bus and waking up at the last destination. Still went clubbing and explored much of the island.

July 2017 - Fifth time - Will be heading over in a few weeks time. Going for just 3 days. Plan to go clubbing, get drunk, and chill at the beach near bora bora.

Overall, my experience has confirmed my belief that Ibiza is a beautiful and wonderous place that offers enjoyment and inner peace to everyone of all faiths and backgrounds. There is something to be found for everyone on the island of Ibiza.

Always used to go for one week out every night and day. As I got older it became more about the island and not just the partying always do 2 weeks now with 3 maybe 4 nights out
A two week holiday with 3/4 nights out would be the perfect Ibiza itinerary for the ahem, more mature groover like me.

I noticed that you didn't score 2016 when you went on really tight budget..:lol:

2013 First time 7/10
2014 Second time 9.5/10
2015 Third time 9/10
2016 Fourth time 8/10

The budget was tight in 2016 so I took advantage of this motto, "the best things in life are free." Saved my cash so I could enjoy one big spending spree and lived like a king for one day, went to Pacha and two classy restaurants, and spent the rest of the holiday living off bottled water for only 30c and ham and cheese sandwiches for 1.50 euros. At the end I still had change to tip the waiter though. Would have been a disaster if I had not planned my daily budget to the penny. From past experience I knew which shops had the best deals, and instead of paying for a hotel and not using it (all night clubbing) I instead went to a locker shop that secured my bag for 24 hours for only 5 euros and had a shower for an extra 5 euros. Good idea if you're on a tight budget and you have no hotel for a night or two, but I don't recommend it for a whole week. You really get an idea what it's like to be homeless. Days and nights merge into one as you lose track of time and begin to hallucinate. Had a hotel room for 1 night at the start and went to another hotel at the end for another night. When I saw that room at the end I was so thankful and the idea of sleeping on a bed again was like a dream come true. Best night's sleep I had in a long time. Bad thing was, my breakfast was inclusive and I slept right through to lunch time.

Best advice would be, don't sacrifice a good night's sleep just to save some cash. Not worth it. Gave that trip 8/10 because I did everything I set out to do, but knocked off two points beause I was half awake for most of it.

How has it changed - this is the first time we haven't booked to go for over 10 years :cry: my mother asked yesterday what dates are we going this year...she was shocked we hadn't booked :(

First time was 5 night, one night sleep and a cheese burger + mini sun stroke :twisted:

Since then the trips have been between 4 and 11 nights, sometimes twice a season. Less clubbing more of the Island but as I explained to my mother we have always booked around Carl Cox's dates. This year we can not be on the island on his two dates.

Changed from San An to Bossa but gone back to San An for a base.

Party stuff been good except back end of 2008 or 2009.

Still one of the best places in the world

Visits:

Going this month. Used to be two weeks.
Now mix between 5 , 4 nights

Biggest difference for me is the VIP. Try to avoid at all costs.

V
Visits:

Going this month. Used to be two weeks.
Now mix between 5 , 4 nights

Biggest difference for me is the VIP. Try to avoid at all costs.

that VIP and Celeb Set, their followers and the models move on, hope they might be gone by next season, if not next season then the overnext,,,

They've got heavier as I've got older. First couple of trips, we'd normally go to bed straight after getting back from a night out.
These days, that doesn't happen as much.

They've got heavier as I've got older. First couple of trips, we'd normally go to bed straight after getting back from a night out.
These days, that doesn't happen as much.
In recent years, the "cheeky drink etc." back at the hotel often turns into a full blown Russell Harty that can curtail plans for the upcoming night. The problem I have is that when I should just say no, I invariably just say yes!

Been going most years for the last 20yrs. This will be the first time we are bringing out the kids (11 and 15). The island is now more about the beaches and fab restaurants than going out clubbing every night. Wish there were more day time parties, we will be going to see Lucianno at Destino (without the kids). Ended up in hospital a fews years ago after a 10 day stint hence I don't cane it as much now !!!

In recent years, the "cheeky drink etc." back at the hotel often turns into a full blown Russell Harty that can curtail plans for the upcoming night. The problem I have is that when I should just say no, I invariably just say yes!

A cheeky drink for me can turn into a three day bender, quitting my job, leaving the mrs with an untold amount of devastation left in my wake. Normally followed by being absolutely terrified to turn my phone on or even be seen in public for weeks on end.

Got it in one. I'm actually thinking I might say no more often now :O . I do love Ibiza, but my god I'm dying when I come back (minus my first year out there, where I managed to catch a heavy bout of the flu... crippled me for a week :lol: )

Saying that, though, I tend to go out less and hit it harder. I do like seeing more of the island now.

Back