How do you pronounce 'Supermartxe'

I love it when British promoters come in and try to use Spanish words to come across as Eurotrashy and exotic.

I think there was one called Mondoloco - which basically doesn't make sense. :lol:

(errr or it may do and I've got the name wrong)

Probably mundo loco.....crazy or mad world

I'm still not sure whats's going on here so is "supermartxé" Spanish spelling of a Fench word?

I'm confused too :lol:

It doesn't work in french, neither in spanish (TX doesn't exist), neither in catalan

Me being catalan I would say it's a free interpretation of french, catalan spelling of a french word or it's just a brand ;)

I'm confused too :lol:
OK Silvia, be confused no more!
I was talking to my fiance about this because we heard the commercial on the radio today and she just said "why don't you just email them to find out?" So I got her to email them and this was the reply
The word SuperMartXé is pronouned (Super Mar Chey). It does not have a meaning. It is said the same as the French word for supermarket, "supermarche" but the spelling like so SuperMartxe has no direct meaning.

Hope that helps.

x

Well while we are on the subject of club name meanings and pronunciation how about the meaning and pronunciation of "Pacha"? I have found several meanings and I think the correct pronunciation would depend on the meaning of the name in this case.

Well while we are on the subject of club name meanings and pronunciation how about the meaning and pronunciation of "Pacha"? I have found several meanings and I think the correct pronunciation would depend on the meaning of the name in this case.

It means Prince.

Re Pacha, I would love to know phonetic cos I've never heard a brit or a guiri pronouncing propertly Pacha.

Anyway, it means a top jerarquy man in the Otoman Empire.
THere's a spanish saying which goes something like: "He lives like a pachá" which means he has a great live and lifes like a prince :D

The Ottoman title is pronounced Pa-sha in English and usually spelled Pasha in English but also Pacha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back