+++ how are the drink prices this year? 2010 +++

The drink prices are an absolute joke but this has been the case for years there. Especially with how much you pay to actually get into the clubs. Something you have to just get used to, never stopped me wanted to go there. Just means you have to save that bit extra. Your only there once, maybe twice a year so doesnt bother me. Holiday money is molopony money to me

Drinks in Pre Party bars

Hi,

This has probably been asked a few times but I was just wondering what kind of price a beer or a vodka + mix tend to be in the pre party bars such as mambo, blue marlin, bora bora etc. Was all inclusive last time so I didnt venture out to most of these places and just not sure if they are a lot more expensive than the other bars.

Thanks

If I recall it right, bora bora takes 6 euros for a bottle or pint of beer. The bars down the beach take about 3 to 4 euros for the same amount. Vodka - cola might have been about 8 euros.

You can save money in bora bora easily. Take a back pack and buy it full of beer. Take the back pack in the beach, bury it and go to bora bora. When thirsty, go to beach, dig up the back pack, take a drink and then bury the back pack again. Repeat until drunk or some one steals the back pack.

The drink prices are an absolute joke but this has been the case for years there. Especially with how much you pay to actually get into the clubs. Something you have to just get used to, never stopped me wanted to go there. Just means you have to save that bit extra. Your only there once, maybe twice a year so doesnt bother me. Holiday money is molopony money to me

couldnt agree more 8)

HOLY CRAP!!!!! are u serious?? that is so expensive

are the mixed vodka, whatever drinks atleast a good size and strong? or are they in small cups full of ice and watered down?

i went to amnesia last night. needed something to wake me up. ordered vodka red bull. she said something in spanish, i understood it as four and surprised asked again. couldn't get it so I just gave her my CC. She clearly then said TWENTY. I'm like holy ****, fine. Gave her $20, no more.

Red bull came next to a glass filled with ice cubes and little vodka.

amazing. i'm sure going to clubs pre-buzzed from now on.

lol

4938475564_f6163ac6b5_z.jpg

flickr

If I recall it right, bora bora takes 6 euros for a bottle or pint of beer. The bars down the beach take about 3 to 4 euros for the same amount. Vodka - cola might have been about 8 euros.

You can save money in bora bora easily. Take a back pack and buy it full of beer. Take the back pack in the beach, bury it and go to bora bora. When thirsty, go to beach, dig up the back pack, take a drink and then bury the back pack again. Repeat until drunk or some one steals the back pack.

Ha ha ha ha :)

C'mon, surely everyone knows Ibiza is expensive? You don't really go to Ibiza to save money do you?
Yeah 9Euro's for a bottle of water is scandalous, but it's not suprising is it?

I'm taking a budget of €100 per day, hopefully that'll be enough.

pacha:
micromini-bottle of WARM :spank: sprite = 8 euros in off-season (last night)

I was in Pacha for the first night 'off-season' (Fri 8 Oct) and it was €22 for a JD & Coke & a vodka & tonic. €30 in with a free drink. The fact that I thought this was quite reasonable shows how distorted your perception can be after a week in Ibiza!

fantastic homemade hierbas @ "closingparty" of chiringuito playa cala codolar
(family-owned since 35 years !) = F-R-E-E :p

Bottle of wine in Ushuaia Aug 2010 - 28E
Same bottle one month later - 40E (scratches head)

For those who enjoy a couple of glasses of wine on the balcony watching the sunset
(or the traffic) before heading out for a hotdog.
This october,not being near Lidl I had to use the local Eroski/Syp and found it to be pretty good(as long as you choose carefully,check the prices)
My budget buy choices were: For red,Bustinza-Rioja excellent at 2.79. For white,Yela-Rueda at 2.25.
Not sure what blend of grapes the Yela is, but very Sauvignon Blanc-ish.Both very gluggable.
could'nt find a decent rosado in my preffered price range this year,although had plenty of Val d'Lluna cava 1.69,ropey but fun and cheaper than some bottled water.

The best wine we had was in Extremedura in Es Cana,asked for the house red,served Synera.
A Tempranillo/Cab sauvignon blend. Fantastic 9 euros

It's not all bad....

Last edited by a moderator:
good call on the rueda. this region south of valladolid on the duero (north is the ribera del duero) produces mostly verdejo grapes but also as you say, sauvignon blanc. the marques de riscal sauvignon is superb at about €7 a bottle in the super. mocen verdejo is a great wine to accompany thai or indian spicy food.

Back