Hotel room robberies - inside job

Does he ask for your hotel name and room number as well?

I don’t know, I don’t talk to him. Says he will drop your tickets off. So if he came to your villa to drop tickets off then he would know where you are and when you won’t be there I suppose. He comes across as a bit of a bellend.

I used to lock stuff in cases till i knew about this...

Im also wary of safes, even thought of keeping money in travel money wallet and securing to the roof of safe where wandering hands may overlook ?. Or maybe i should buy a more secure suitcase...

I've buried my valuables and car keys in waterproof boxes outside in the past when staying in some places with a lot more crime than Ibiza. Just have to make sure you can find them again and that you're not seen doing it :lol:

Stupidly we used to carry all our cash with us and once in Tarifa Mrs had 1900€ in a purse an we were out for lunch at this little beach bar on a cliff looking over at Tangier in Morocco and Walked this deserted beach back to our apartment and no purse.?. the beach is landing point for refugee's fleeing Africa and littered with broken up rafts /boats..and is also no go area for tourists..so I walked back retracing our track found nothing.. went back to the bar and got a beer just Sat starring out to sea. Bar man came over said did you lose something with a smile and handed me the purce with all the cash.. he said only one person came into the bar after we left,he didn't know her and she went to the loo and found the cash in there and handed it straight in...?

There’s a bloke on reddit that is always hassling people to buy tickets from him. He always seems keen to WhatsApp people and wants to know what nights you plan attending etc etc.

Probably just a guy selling tickets, but I’m always suspicious of people that want too much info from you.
He's a bit of a tit. I bought a few tickets from him for my group then when I got the rest of my club tickets from others due to convenience, he kicked up a fuss and blocked me ?

He's a bit of a tit. I bought a few tickets from him for my group then when I got the rest of my club tickets from others due to convenience, he kicked up a fuss and blocked me ?

Haha ? I’ve never met him or bought tickets from him, but judging by his arrogant style of communication on reddit I find it easy to believe

Not Ibiza but just seen a trio advisor review of a hotel I am staying in next year in albafuria. 5 girls woke up to find a man crawling across their floor riffling through bags.

Talk about inside creep job!

Not Ibiza but just seen a trio advisor review of a hotel I am staying in next year in albafuria. 5 girls woke up to find a man crawling across their floor riffling through bags.

Talk about inside creep job!

I was passed out in my car in Space car park a few years ago round closings time having decided going anywhere further was out of the question and it had one of those blasted new proximity keys which at that time I was so ignorant about them I didn't know it was impossible to lock the car with them inside. Woke up to find some desperate looking crack-addict type woman had opened my boot and was rifling through my bags. bold as brass with me dozing in the front seat. Flew out of the car like a maniac and grabbed her arm, as she was too wrecked to run or fight back. Recovered my stuff, looked at the state she was in and handed her 20 Euros to go get a fix or whatever was such a piteous sight ! Anywhere remotely near drugs or clubs assume wherever you leave open a chance someone will take it !!

I was passed out in my car in Space car park a few years ago round closings time having decided going anywhere further was out of the question and it had one of those blasted new proximity keys which at that time I was so ignorant about them I didn't know it was impossible to lock the car with them inside. Woke up to find some desperate looking crack-addict type woman had opened my boot and was rifling through my bags. bold as brass with me dozing in the front seat. Flew out of the car like a maniac and grabbed her arm, as she was too wrecked to run or fight back. Recovered my stuff, looked at the state she was in and handed her 20 Euros to go get a fix or whatever was such a piteous sight ! Anywhere remotely near drugs or clubs assume wherever you leave open a chance someone will take it !!

I assume, you've since worked out, that's what the lock buttons for, on the door or centre console?

Was in Ibiza last week, was starting to think, it was quite safe, as hadn't seen anything. Nipped off for 5 minutes, to go see a man about a dog. Came back, wife said, someone had come out the sea, as if he was a tourist and just walked off with the couples bag next to her. Nobody noticed until the correct couple came out the water and noticed.

I assume, you've since worked out, that's what the lock buttons for, on the door or centre console?

Was in Ibiza last week, was starting to think, it was quite safe, as hadn't seen anything. Nipped off for 5 minutes, to go see a man about a dog. Came back, wife said, someone had come out the sea, as if he was a tourist and just walked off with the couples bag next to her. Nobody noticed until the correct couple came out the water and noticed.

Yeah that was engaged - but works for the doors & not for the boot on some cars. Bonkers.

Lowlife petty thieves :mad: - will probably have dumped it nearby once rifled for anything sellable. I am forever thankful that I am still fit and not burdened with kids or family when on the island, so not wedded to busy beaches with facilities nearby. Unless on a boat, I'm pretty much always on a rock or remote beach where the nearest person's a fair way away. You don't tend to get your stuff lifted in places like that and can actually relax completely !

Just out of interest, how many of you have had your hotel room robbed while on holiday in Ibiza? Its happened to us twice in the 20 years I have been going, and both times have seems like inside jobs, no sign of forced entry, and stuff taken from a locked safe.

When I read hotel reviews on Trip Advisor it appears to be something that happens quite a lot, especially in the lower budget hotels in San An and PDB. How can it be so common, and who do you think does these inside job robberies? The cleaners? Security?

I'm not going to name hotels, but you can probably guess some of them!

Also, nothing seems to happen when these robberies occur, its almost as if hotel staff, police etc just think oh well they will claim on insurance and dont care!

Ibiza has always been quite high for petty crime, but safe in most other apects, do you think hotel robberies are on the increase?
My son and his friend returned from Ibiza a couple of days ago. Their room was broken into and almost everything stolen. They broke into my sons suitcase stole all his money and designer clothes and aftershave from the bathroom and took everything of his friends, wheeled out with his suitcase and hand luggage all his money clothes passport gone. The boys had read about the safes in the rooms and saw a couple of reviews about them being broken in to so they locked everything in their suitcases especially as they had dear clothes and trainers etc they didn’t unpack but locked it away I case the maids helped themselves to something.
The hotels security video footage shows a man with a bar breaking into the terrace door of their room.
They were staying in one of the 5 star hotels in Playa den Bossa for the reason they said it’ll be safer than an apartment.
Got no idea whether it was an inside job working with criminal gangs, I mean all those rooms and they broke into a room of two 18 year old boys. Obviously they were targeted/watched but like I say don’t know whether housekeeping tipped them off to begin with???
It shows you are not safe anywhere. You must be vigilant. The boys thought they took measures to keep their stuff safe and look what still happened to them

The best Safes are at the reception of a hotel. In Bali its common. At good Hotels you have to show your guest Card , so If anything Happens it must be an inside Job
Is it possible at Ushi or Hardrock Hotel ?

Terrible thing to happen on holiday. Very likely inside job either cleaners or staff who have seen them.

Travel insurance should help, except cash which is usually only covered if in a safe

Back