Hotel discussion thread [2017/2018]

Need a little help/advice regarding places to stay. Had 2 rooms booked for 6 people but 4 have dropped out. I've now cancelled the rooms but need to find something for 2 people. Had a look at sol house in San Antonio bay. Never stayed that side before so would make a change. How far is it from the sunset strip area? Or are there other areas people would recommend?

Wow ok just checked the map and that is a fair treck. Will have to think about that one. What are the bars like around sol house?

I'm staying in Sol House this year. A couple of years since I've stayed in that area, a few bars about, nothing to get too excited about but plenty options to stop for a few cold ones during the day. I'm taking it easy this year, probably relaxing at the hotel most days, and a walk with a few stops to Mambo/DCM late afternoons and just take it from there. That almost sounds like I have a plan, but I never have much of a plan in Ibiza because plans just go out the window as soon as you're off the plane.

Reactions: M.E
Looks nice @johndiamond nust looked and it's sold out for my dates. Think I might give sol house a go. Always stayed in bossa but want to avoid that this time

Need a little help/advice regarding places to stay. Had 2 rooms booked for 6 people but 4 have dropped out. I've now cancelled the rooms but need to find something for 2 people. Had a look at sol house in San Antonio bay. Never stayed that side before so would make a change. How far is it from the sunset strip area? Or are there other areas people would recommend?

You can't beat Calo des moro for location and value.

View attachment 4168 Mrs just came back from a few days at the abrat hotel in san antonio. Five minutes walk to sunset strip. I upgraded her to Seaview room (view from their balcony in picture) and she was perfectly happy there...clean secure and nice pool

I've stayed there many many times and like it there a lot. They've just priced me out now unfortunately !

You can't beat Calo des moro for location and value.

Not any more, sadly - Abrat was pushing 180 Euros a night when I looked at booking late in August after they refurbished the rooms last year. The sea view rooms are nice but it's not worth that imho ! Got very good deals at Gran Sol this year but that's not really Calo d'es Moro.

I hear what you're saying on price rises,it appears that flights are cheap this year whilst decent accommodation is rising disproportionately to the quality on offer.

When we travel together we normally stay cheaper places, but I stayed at home this time. if there's one key to marriage it is to never send your wife somewhere she may not like unless you're in situ to fix any problems

They needed a fairly central location (no hire car) near a decent gym (cotton club), but away from West end. abrat had the highest reviews for cleanliness I could find at a reasonable rate

Has anybody stayed at Azuline Hotel S'anfora and Fleming. San antonio bay. Just wondering what its like i know its a 2-3 star lol
My friend goes there every year and trust me he could afford the top suite in the most expensive Hotel if he wanted and he loves it.

I haven't been tho.

Any recommendations for the closing weekend? Would prefer a hotel thats still busy going preferably around san antonio/bay as will be on a tight budget and rooms are cheap.

But dont want it to be a hotel thats quiet as im lounging around the pool in the day, I like it being busyish for a chat at the bar, in the pool etc just so the day dont drag. A night I will be doing the closings just dont want to drive myself barmy being the only bugger about in the day.

Also, I asked a question about the start of October which got answered but now ask about san antonio being busy during the closings? Any spanish restaurants or bars still open?

The hotel Sol House Ibiza Mixed by Ibiza Rocks is no longer "Mixed by Ibiza Rocks" :!:

Still cracking views from up there though...

14705637_319238271764944_8464700207022379752_n.jpg

On a more serious note, is it worth the stay? I have been there for a drink and it is quite nice, currently looking at marvell club san antonio bay which seems to slip under the radar. That seems just as good but without the roof top pool..it also has a bigger pool

Either that or stay in santa eulalia and go for something different, plenty of time to decide I suppose :cool:

Back