Hotel discussion thread [2017/2018]

Thanks Tucker! I really don't plan on going to Hi or Ushuaia- both seem a little too Vegas for me, heh heh- but Sankeys for sure. Anyway I'm totes just gonna chill at Talamanca and go out from there. Oooh I'm excited now!!

We stayed in hostal talamanca years ago. Rooms are basic, the big plus is aircon.
Just make sure you get a sea view room. The rooms on the street side get steamy hot.
It is a family beach. Couple of bars/restaurants.
If you plan to go to Destino (highly recommended), just walk to pacha, and take their bus "free" with your ticket.

Booked 4 nights at Hotel Brisa in San Antonio. Now having second thoughts after reading reviews. The hotel has made the news over the years for the wrong reasons. Guests filmed snorting cocaine and pissing over the balcony. A guest was badly injured after falling off the balcony. A guest was found 'dead' in the swimming pool. On top of that:

- Guests have to pay an extra 50 euros on arrival just in case the room is trashed and getting the money back when leaving is reportedly not easy.
- There is a 5 euro charge per day for the use of the cooling fan.
- There is a 10 euro charge to use the safe.
- There is a 50 euro charge to use the TV remote and getting the money back is also not easy.
- Guests are not allowed to bring in food and drink from outside, and a guest who was drinking a bottle of water beside the pool was told off by an employee who then grabbed the bottle and emptied it into the pool.

There is only one other hotel within my budget that is still available. Should I stick with hotel Brisa or cancel and book 4 nights at Piscis Park instead?

Aaron Ive stayed at the brisa several times and it was fine. basic but clean and fine. Admittedly the last time was 2013, but I don't recall any problems getting deposits back or the staff being difficult. The nightwatch feller was hot on who was coming back with us of a night. We were there the night the lad fell off the balcony, it wasn't nice but that's not the hotels fault, it happens all over. And theres people doing cocaine in EVERY hotel in Ibiza!
Pool bar areas decent and the staff there were a good laugh. Id say its a better option than Piscis Park, which has a much worse reputation.

Thanks. I read 'many' positive reviews about the Brisa as well, but I couldn't figure out why so many guests loved it when others did not. I will keep it booked for July. Still undecided though. I've stayed at three other hotels in San An over the years - the Adelino, Tropical, and Torres. None of them asked for 50 euros on arrival or charged for the use of the fan, and they allowed outside food and drink to be brought in. Curious why the Brisa is so strict. My guess is the unfortunate pool death and balcony injury has hit their reputation hard and they are being far more cautious than other hotels. Probably something to do with insurance claims as well. Not keen on Piscis Park because of its reputation but there are mixed reviews for that one as well.

Last edited:
we used the aircon, think you had to pay for it though. If you are crafty you can get your own food and drink by the pool Im sure. Nothing to stop you taking it to your room. The locals bar right facing does a cracking cheap beer by the way!

Just back from 5 nights at Sal Rossa and couldn't fault it. Especially for the price we paid (€429 between 2 of us).

Rooms were nice and clean. Food was excellent. Right on the beach and great location if you prefer staying in PDB for the bars and clubs.

I'm after Spotlighter's opinions on Sunset Bella Ibiza Apartments in San Antonio por favor :)

Has anyone stayed at the sensatori in Ibiza? Thinking of going next year as it looks very nice for me and my girlfriend but it just looks very much out of the way.

If anyone has been any idea how much taxis are to amnesia and ibiza town or atleast is there a bus that's easy to get from it?

We're staying at grand paladium in pdb. It's expensive but is actually cheaper than room at hard rock, plus it's all inclusive. Free mini bar refilled every day (soft drinks, water and few cans of beer) which is new this year as well as a 24hr snack bar and drinks.

It also has a really nice spa (€20 per person per day), gym and big well kept grounds.

The only problem is going back to a cheaper 3 star will be difficult :oops:

We got 2 weeks in club bahamas (which is also a good hotel) last year for price of 1 here. I would recommend if have the money to spend.

Also easy walking distance to ushuaia, Hi, sankeys etc. Cheap (~€15) taxi to pacha etc.

I do miss San an though

This is exactly where I'm going to be booking for next year! The sensatori was just too far away from anything!

Will be with just my girlfriend so want a nicer hotel we can relax in and will be doing 11 nights. It's the all inclusive that sells it for me! £1450 each for 11 nights all inclusive in a 5* hotel with flights is not to bad at all. Will still go out for drinks and meals but it means you don't need to budget for meals everyday and can get pissed for free :p

Most helpful thing to be able to fall back on the all inclusive when funds are running low! On Thomson there are 2 grand palladiums do you know what the difference is? One is called "Grand Palladium Palace" and the other is "Grand Palladium White Island"

Basically they used to be 2 hotels next door to each other but now they are joined with a skybridge type thing. The white island is one further north on map, palace is one to south with 2 pool areas.

You can use facilities at both. The snack bar at white sands is good for inbetween meals but isn't open 24hrs. The sports snack bar at palace is, but service after midnight gets quite slow.

The gym and spa area is next to the palace.

Food is excellent btw.

Attachments

• 2017_070914_5525_177.jpg
    2017_070914_5525_177.jpg
    518.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 2017_070914_5845_933.jpg
    2017_070914_5845_933.jpg
    621.2 KB · Views: 15
Oh wicked so I'll just book whichever one comes up slightly cheaper if we can use the facilities at both anyway! Think the palace one sounds slightly better and from memory this was the cheaper one anyway!

I've heard the food is good which is a big thing because our hotel food this year was very poor indeed! How big is the whole resort then I assume it isn't exactly small! This year we just had a basic hotel with one restaurant with swimming pool so I assume this one everything is abit more spaced out and can be alittle bit of a walk to different parts

I'd say the palace is the slightly better pool area. Also has grass areas to go on as well. We paid £1800 for a week but partly cause Doncaster flights at the time where expensive, like £260 each.

And yes the food is good, my friend said at times it's almost Michelin quality. Wide selection with plenty of deserts to my taste :oops:

There is also direct access to the beach behind and it's about 10 min walk to ushuaia area.

I would upload pool pics etc but for some reason simple resize not liking them. Google satellite view should help though. (See attached)

Pool 1 furthest south is the deeper square One, one in middle is shallow and more for families. The north one at white islands looks decent but not actually used it.

We cut through white Islands and it's reception as quicker than going through palaces.

Only problem we found was check in was dead slow and took 30 mins, plus our room wasn't available straight away as we arrived 11am (check out is 12)

Red is palace, green is white island. Purple is spa area gym and kids zone.

Attachments

• 2017_070915_4025_123.jpg
    2017_070915_4025_123.jpg
    814.7 KB · Views: 14
Has anyone stayed at the sensatori in Ibiza? Thinking of going next year as it looks very nice for me and my girlfriend but it just looks very much out of the way.

If anyone has been any idea how much taxis are to amnesia and ibiza town or atleast is there a bus that's easy to get from it?
I'd say 30 plus from Cala tarida

I'd say the palace is the slightly better pool area. Also has grass areas to go on as well. We paid £1800 for a week but partly cause Doncaster flights at the time where expensive, like £260 each.

And yes the food is good, my friend said at times it's almost Michelin quality. Wide selection with plenty of deserts to my taste :oops:

There is also direct access to the beach behind and it's about 10 min walk to ushuaia area.

I would upload pool pics etc but for some reason simple resize not liking them. Google satellite view should help though. (See attached)

Pool 1 furthest south is the deeper square One, one in middle is shallow and more for families. The north one at white islands looks decent but not actually used it.

We cut through white Islands and it's reception as quicker than going through palaces.

Only problem we found was check in was dead slow and took 30 mins, plus our room wasn't available straight away as we arrived 11am (check out is 12)

Red is palace, green is white island. Purple is spa area gym and kids zone.
Thanks a lot mate that's very helpful!! Yeah on Thomson we can get 11 nights all inclusive for £1460 or something like that going September 1st so rather happy with that!

Hotel grounds looks really good from that pic and the colours around the bits is really helpful. Food sounds very good indeed then and from what I've seen there are a number of restaurants to try out. Rather excited for this now and it's over a year away :spank:

Thanks a lot mate that's very helpful!! Yeah on Thomson we can get 11 nights all inclusive for £1460 or something like that going September 1st so rather happy with that!

Hotel grounds looks really good from that pic and the colours around the bits is really helpful. Food sounds very good indeed then and from what I've seen there are a number of restaurants to try out. Rather excited for this now and it's over a year away :spank:
There is one buffet restaurant, I guess one each side. The others are themed and you need to book it in advanced.

I'd defo recommend the spa area for €20 euros each for the day. It's pretty quite today and lots of water features to try (jets, bubbles, cold Jacuzzi , Turkish bath and so on). The gym is free to use also.

Sounds good to me mate will deffo give that ago then. By book in advance do you mean before you actually get there or just the night before you want to go kinda thing?

Last question just curious how quickly beds get taken round the pools can you find a pair at any point thoughtout the day or have you gotta be up and down with towels on early?

Back