Hotel discussion thread [2018/2019/2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Es Vive still a good place to stay, since Messi bought it?

I haven't stayed there since 2017 but went for drinks on the rooftop this year and last. It felt as though some of the magic had gone however the clientele was older and less noisy / clubby.

Looking for somewhere for next year's IMS which has DJs around pool / bar but not full of 'oi oi' shouters and stag / hen dos which Es Vive was starting to veer back towards in 2017. Ideally on the Ibiza Town side of the island so probably not San An (although Pikes is tempting!).

(Re: Hostal Marino) I liked that place and its sister hotel a few blocks away. Do you know if it will be owned/operated by the same family?

Last edited:
friend who stays every year for last 10-15 years said while most of the staff have changed and the Vibe is slightly different, They still enjoyed the place.

friend who stays every year for last 10-15 years said while most of the staff have changed and the Vibe is slightly different, They still enjoyed the place.

Thanks! We stayed there every year from 2014 to 2017 but by 2017, possibly due to it appearing in TOWIE and featured in the tabloids / some trashy weekly mags, the clientele seemed to change and there were a lot more noisy groups - especially stag & hen dos and birthday celebrations - which ruined the vibe a tad.

Massive changes to sirenis Goleta & Tres Carabelas. Stayed in Goleta 5 times and Carabelas once and enjoyed the comfort. So looked into possible booking for next year but it was unavailable all season.
Then a bit of detective work found me this.

Hope it turns out alright for them, but I’m unsure about the high end market prices this may bring.
Might become out of my price range.

even with vip discount 3 years ago it was 1860 euro just for a week.single room booking direct..normal price was 750 for years...i said i am not paying for refitted rooms.thats just a/i .still had to find flight...

The Reubens brothers continue spending money in Ibiza. This they're taking over Pacha's El Hotel...

The Reubens brothers continue spending money in Ibiza. This they're taking over Pacha's El Hotel...

Interesting. Sell it, but lease it back and it keeps the Pacha brand. Looks like they plan to to facilitate the rollout of Pacha-branded hotels and restaurants around the world. Increase the brand dominance, without having to buy all the properties. Good move for Pacha.

Where are these located

Back 4-5 blocks from the San An waterfront, nearer to the big bus station.

Local run, clean, no frills, good value accommodation in a quiet area. We stayed with them on multiple occasions when we traveled as a couple. Only about e50 or so per night, high season if you book well in advance. I would use them 100% again, but with the kids we need kitchenette and TV.

Back 4-5 blocks from the San An waterfront, nearer to the big bus station.

Local run, clean, no frills, good value accommodation in a quiet area. We stayed with them on multiple occasions when we traveled as a couple. Only about e50 or so per night, high season if you book well in advance. I would use them 100% again, but with the kids we need kitchenette and TV.
Have a place booked for March near El codolar.. but thinking of changing. Bit remote and if the weather is shit could be a nightmare.. Mrs wanted something quite ish.. we have friends living pretty close but might look for somewhere on West coast... More sun and games ?

I see the Marriot (W) is up and running. Checked availability to establish price... man, they're booked solid through several months! I guess it's popular enough. :D

Have a place booked for March near El codolar.. but thinking of changing. Bit remote and if the weather is shit could be a nightmare.. Mrs wanted something quite ish.. we have friends living pretty close but might look for somewhere on West coast... More sun and games ?
so West coast would mean San Antonio, and then East coast would be Playa d'en Bossa? Cierto? I'm just curious; you don't have to answer if you don't feel like it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back