Hotel discussion thread [2018/2019/2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a place booked for March near El codolar.. but thinking of changing. Bit remote and if the weather is shit could be a nightmare.. Mrs wanted something quite ish.. we have friends living pretty close but might look for somewhere on West coast... More sun and games ?
Changed hotel for San Antonio side.. ?

Coming back to Ibiza for approx 10 days in 2020. In 2017 did 1/2 AirBnB Es Cubells and Argos. 2007 Argos, 2005 Marfil, 2003 Corso. Debating Corso or Torre Del Mar. Thoughts or other recommendations?

Torre del Mar is outstanding since it’s refurb. If you are willing to stay further into PDB then Migjorn is the best in the area imo (better than the apparent five star rated hotels imo).

Torre del Mar is outstanding since it’s refurb. If you are willing to stay further into PDB then Migjorn is the best in the area imo (better than the apparent five star rated hotels imo).
I’ll have a car so that will help. I haven’t really spent much time in PBD or Figuertas. Either area better? I don’t plan to spend all the time there.

I’ll have a car so that will help. I haven’t really spent much time in PBD or Figuertas. Either area better? I don’t plan to spend all the time there.
Not stayed in Fig but PDB looks to be much busier and more lively. Obviously the clubs are there so we find it convenient for them and the beach. Food options aren’t great in PDB imo. Fig to Ibiza Town is much more walkable but the beach looks much the same as PDB a mile away.

The two Sirenis hotels next to torre del mar are being refurbed. They may be ready too so worth looking for. You may get a decent deal. Torre del Mar is really nice since it was refurbed a few years ago.

I’d still take Migjorn over all of the other options over that way. But recently we have stayed in other PDB hotels including Heaven Apartments which was ok but not really 4 star, Algarb, Garbi and Bossa Flow which were all good but noisier then we like and Ebano which was nice and the staff were great but I had my phone stolen from my bag just before leaving which left a sour taste. All of these were infinitely better than Ushuaia and Ibiza Rocks Imo. But it depends what you like. An ongoing racket with poor soundproofing is not what we want. We like to choose our noise when we want it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not stayed in Fig but PDB looks to be much busier and more lively. Obviously the clubs are there so we find it convenient for them and the beach. Food options aren’t great in PDB imo. Fig to Ibiza Town is much more walkable but the beach looks much the same as PDB a mile away.

The two Sirenis hotels next to torre del mar are being refurbed. They may be ready too so worth looking for. You may get a decent deal. Torre del Mar is really nice since it was refurbed a few years ago.

I’d still take Migjorn over all of the other options over that way. But recently we have stayed in other PDB hotels including Heaven Apartments which was ok but not really 4 star, Algarb, Garbi and Bossa Flow which were all good but noisier then we like and Ebano which was nice and the staff were great but I had my phone stolen from my bag just before leaving which left a sour taste. All of these were infinitely better than Ushuaia and Ibiza Rocks Imo. But it depends what you like. An ongoing racket with poor soundproofing is not what we want. We like to choose our noise when we want it!
Thanks for the feedback! I was also looking at Pikes but it is 2K more....

Hotel question - Are Ibiza Rocks really strict on access to the hotel rooms when parties are going on? I have some mates staying there in August and I will probably fly out to join them but stay in a different hotel, if there is a party on will i be able to get back to their room if i want to? I've sneaked in to there before after a club and security was tight

Last edited:
@JayDR8 yes. There's lots going on with various bands for various level of access, and each individual will be checked at every point. Until they recognise your face, at least

I second Migjorn - it's great.

The Ibiza Twiins, you mean... no idea, I was there on friday and there's still a looot of work to do but you never know!

I just checked their website and it doesn't let you book for 2020 yet...

The Ibiza Twiins, you mean... no idea, I was there on friday and there's still a looot of work to do but you never know!

I just checked their website and it doesn't let you book for 2020 yet...
Cheers. Yes, no booking info anywhere. Was just wondering if that option may suddenly appear. Sounds unlikely though. Surprised they went for a refurb now. Both were a bit dark and dated but still very decent compared to many others!

The thing is Torre del Mar, next to them, is getting updated every winter (this one too) so Sirenis needed to refurb these two urgently if they didn't want to be left behind...

The thing is Torre del Mar, next to them, is getting updated every winter (this one too) so Sirenis needed to refurb these two urgently if they didn't want to be left behind...
Again? Wow. That is a nice place. I’ve stayed there pre refurb and post refurb and can only say I had positive experiences. I’ve stayed in both those Sirenis too, Goletta last year. As I say, both were perfectly fine but dark and dated. I imagine both will return as upscale hotels given their portfolio. Difficult and costly industry! Especially with only six months of real trade every year.

Cheers. Yes, no booking info anywhere. Was just wondering if that option may suddenly appear. Sounds unlikely though. Surprised they went for a refurb now. Both were a bit dark and dated but still very decent compared to many others!

ive stayed in both on a few occasions. Enjoyed each time. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back