Hotel discussion thread [2017/2018]

Thinking about switching next week’s San An accommodation from a room at Hotel Pacific to the Central City Playasol apartments as it’s cheaper, bigger and there’s a little kitchen. Anyone know anything about them at all?
a mate did a week there two years ago. he said it was basic but functional. great central location

The problem is not only the adults only.
The offer in restaurants, bars and shop in so poor in Portinatx, the quality is so bad in 90% of the place.
If you look at the Chiringuito (nice place good cocktails and nice music), Los Enamorados , Restaurante El Puerto, Shamarkanda or Cala Xucla, they are all working very well.
Because they are all doing quality, at the right price for the place.
But the others ...

... do you include pinos playa among "the others"?
Ahah the connoisseur...great paella at Pinos...
Vicente and Teresa are lovely people.
But hey... Don't you think the place needs a refurbishment??

Last edited:
Been there a number of times myself mate and totally agree. Bart and the family are great. Only good memories of there. One year when I wasnt even staying there, I got off the Garlands boat in a bit of a state and decided a drink in the Sol Bahia bar was the way to carry on this night. Anyway I ended up there with no flip flops, so after a few barefooted drinks there , Bart lent me his (far too big) flip flops which I ended up in for the rest of the night in Itaca! Funny days. Thanks for the pics.

Yes!! That's brilliant mate, great story!

I can definitely imagine Bartolo doing something like that. Total gent of a bloke.

Very generous with the alcohol measures as well, much to the demise of my missus who is an absolute lightweight :D

Concept Hotel Group
5 years, 5 hotels...
... and about unveil the location of their first hotel outside the island!

Próximamente se dará a conocer la ciudad donde se encontrará el primer hotel urbano de Concept Hotel Group fuera de la isla, todo un reto que destacará por las señas de identidad del grupo: creatividad, diferenciación y pasión.
Their first hotel outside the island will be in Mallorca!

https://periodicodeibiza.es/noticias/economico/2018/03/25/989173/hoteles-mucha-personalidad.html
Santos Ibiza Suites, Tropicana Ibiza Suites and Dorado Ibiza Suites in Playa d'en Bossa
Paradiso Ibiza Art Hotel in the Bay of San Antonio
Cubanito Ibiza Suites in Cala Gració near San Antonio
Concept Hotel Group news:
- 6th Ibiza hotel in 2020?
- The new urban brand launching in the near future outside the island will be called Mítico

https://periodicodeibiza.es/pitiusa...otel-uso-sino-uno-donde-ocurrieran-cosas.html

Playasol seem to be taking over too, they have hotels everywhere
Two of their 2-star hotels, Piscis Park in San An and La Noria in P.D.B., will become 4-stars.
No more "cheap tourism" at Piscis Park...

https://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitius...principal-hotel-sant-antoni-deja/1012334.html

The director reckons if the hoteliers in the centre of the town continue investing in quality the drunk tourism of the West End won't have any future. "The low quality mass tourism of San Antonio is slowly diluting", he says.

The same article also says Del Mar in San Antonio (the one at the bottom of del mar street, behind Pussycat) will be updated from 2 to 4 stars too!

The same article also says Del Mar in San Antonio (the one at the bottom of del mar street, behind Pussycat) will be updated from 2 to 4 stars too!

It needed it! Stayed here back in the day for two weeks:eek:. Great family who ran it, remember having a few beers with Marco and Raul. Then kept spotting them doing various jobs years later.Got in a taxi ten years later and Raul was driving and remembered me. Great days!

No more "cheap tourism" at Piscis Park...

https://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitius...principal-hotel-sant-antoni-deja/1012334.html

The director reckons if the hoteliers in the centre of the town continue investing in quality the drunk tourism of the West End won't have any future. "The low quality mass tourism of San Antonio is slowly diluting", he says.

No more tourism at Piscis Park :lol: who in their right mind is going to pay 4 star prices in the middle of san an town next to west end and the worst beach on the island?

The thing is, Piscis Park has never been that cheap. You could always get nicer hotels in San An for a cheaper. Maybe it pulled it off through notoriety alone?

Think it's been rebranded to Hotel Piscis or similar this summer. Does look better from the outside.

The thing is, Piscis Park has never been that cheap. You could always get nicer hotels in San An for a cheaper. Maybe it pulled it off through notoriety alone?

For years it was one of the cheapest in san an, that’s one of the reasons it ended up in the state it was in.

Hostals aside, Piscis has always been around the cheapest for a week mark. I think 4 star renovation is a bit ambitious tbh.

Think it's been rebranded to Hotel Piscis or similar this summer. Does look better from the outside.

Indeed, even if they spent a fortune making
No more tourism at Piscis Park :lol: who in their right mind is going to pay 4 star prices in the middle of san an town next to west end and the worst beach on the island?

Indeed, even if they spent a fortune making it truely upmarket, hired loads of security to keep the yobs out, and turned away large group bookings etc would anyone still want to stay there?

Beach is awful, fake sand and despite the best efforts of the cleaning team often last nights litter. Pool area is effectively a balcony overlooking a high traffic street.

I'm all for progress and a well run, good value, safe 3star hotel would be most welcome, but they are deluded if they think upmarket guests will flock to it, just going to lead to empty beds and more empty bars and restaurants.

Currently in ring o bells santa e...theysay oquadia (spelling) will be taken over (as @McRackin said a while back) next year and be 3k a week!! Driving people away man

Back