Hotel Argos & What's Talamanca Like Chaps ???

M

markma

Booked a week at Hotel Argos in Talamanca, never been to that side of the island before.

Has anyone been to Hotel Argos, if so what is it like :?:

More importantly what is Talamanca like and how long does it take to walk to Ibiza Town :?:

I can see that bottle of San Miguel in my hand now ....

Any views would be fantastic :p

Stayed at Hotel Argos a couple of weeks ago, nice sized clean rooms and great views across Talamanca Bay. The staff were nice and helpful too, and there's a nice place to eat right on the beach in Talamanca, it's called bar flotante I think.
We walked into Ibiza town a couple of times it took about 20 mins, about 5 mins in a cab for a few euros. If you’re going to Pacha it's only about a 7 minute walk home!
The only complaint I had with Hotel Argos is that the walls were a tad thin. And there were a lot od german athletes getting up at the crack of dawn! This wouldn't put me off staying again though, just take some earplugs incase!

cookie said:
there's a nice place to eat right on the beach in Talamanca, it's called bar flotante I think.

correct!! :D

strand_flotante.jpg

I like Talamanca. Good place to chill during the day. It may not be the most beautiful beach in Ibiza, but because there's no development for a long stretch it's never too crowded. I've stayed at the Hotel Lux Isla a couple of times. It is a bit further from Ibiza Town, but definitely recommended - spotlessly clean, friendly and helpful.

The nicest way to get to Ibiza Town is on the boat which runs from just behind the Argos.

Took me a couple of minutes, but I found it. I think! What time of year was the pic taken? Everything looks so green.

nickclayton said:
Took me a couple of minutes, but I found it. I think!

are you sure? :lol:

at the right you have the crossroad of jesús / ses torres / sa punta / ibiza town. following the
road to ibiza town you have the hotel lux ibiza at the left before that huge hotel!! ;)

that area is called ses figueres!! :D

nickclayton said:
What time of year was the pic taken?

september 2003!! :idea:

and here is bar flotante again:

dscf0520.jpg

Stayed at the Hotel Argos twice in 2003 and am going to stay there again in Sept this year. I think its a really nice hotel. Walking distance to Pacha and El Divino and you can get a little boat across to Ibiza Town in about 5 mins for a few euros. Rooms are nice and cleam and the staff are cool. Recommend you ask for a room looking out over the bay of Talamanca. After we rolled in from nights out at Pacha etc we sat on our balcony watching the sun come up with a few cans of San Miguel.

Also near Marina Botafoch which is nice and has some lovely little boutiques and restaurants there.

Only down side is that there aren't many brits there and like Cookie said the walls are bit thin and you can hear everything.

I stayed in Talamanca last year and had heard about these mystery boats that transport you to Ibiza Town, but never actually found them! Do they only run in July/August or something?

Thought Talamanca was nice overall, although somewhat lacking in young clubby types. Also, tried to walk to Ibiza Town one night and it took about an hour!! Think I might have gone wrong somewhere... :lol:

The boats across to Ibiza Town were running in May when we went and also in Sept. When did you go? They run every 30 mins from Marna Botafoch by the El Corso htl.

Im booked in at the Argos for a week at the begining of September, I have never been before but I work for Thomas Cook and we never encounter any issues there, looking forward to it !

Lady G said:
Recommend you ask for a room looking out over the bay of Talamanca. After we rolled in
from nights out at Pacha etc we sat on our balcony watching the sun come up with a few
cans of San Miguel.
aye!! 8)

hotel_pri_argos.jpg

vienna said:
looks like the brits discovered talamanca,........
relax dude - the place is still cool!! :lol:

today after a walk along ibiza nueva and marina botafoch we stopped at bar flotante. as
always - there was lots of persons sitting outside in the plastic chairs just next to the water,
chilling and catching the warm rays of the sun while having a drink!! :p

ibiza in winter: pure heaven!! :D

Markma

I stayed at the Argos last week for a couple of days. I found it quite good, i was upgraded from a single to a double with sea view, the room was standard for an Ibizian 4*, the reception staff were friendly and as part of my deal i had a free hire car thrown in. The bad things were that they said they had sat tv but the only english channel was eurosport! + as said earlier the walls were very thin. I had a 55+ couple shagiing in the room next to me!

I would stay there again in the summer, but out of season i would stay at the Royal Plaza which charges about the same but is much better and more central.

Back