home is where the heart is – july 2005

i didnt reply before because i wanted to see it by myself first. i went yesterday and well.......... :eek: .......... the part affected is the big one you find at the right when you arrive so the little road that descends down there has disappeared due to the land slides and its quite complicated (and dangerous) to access there because of the huge rocks. there was a couple fishing and two hippies in the small part at the left but nobody at the right!! :idea:

it happened many times before and will happen again due to the nature of the place sooooo.........

(i will send you some pictures later)

i have just seen your pm with the pictures - sad to see it changed this much! but surely i will go and see for myself next summer!!!

and a little update:

With the rain last winter causing some smaller land slides in the coastal cliff area known as Cala Shivananda, already the area has changed significantly according to many of the 100's of bathers & sun worshippers who go there each summer. One access to the area has been blocked whilst recently new cracks in the rocks have appeared making officials & visitors nervous that there might be another land slide. Officials have visited the site &, whilst it is still open to the public for the time being, they are calling on the coastal authorities to send experts to analyse the situation & identify any possible dangers to the many visitors to this beauty spot.

:confused:

McRackin said:
and a little update:

With the rain last winter causing some smaller land slides in the coastal cliff area known as Cala Shivananda, already the area has changed significantly according to many of the 100's of bathers & sun worshippers who go there each summer. One access to the area has been blocked whilst recently new cracks in the rocks have appeared making officials & visitors nervous that there might be another land slide. Officials have visited the site &, whilst it is still open to the public for the time being, they are calling on the coastal authorities to send experts to analyse the situation & identify any possible dangers to the many visitors to this beauty spot.

:confused:

:confused: :confused: :confused: i hope it will be still open this summer!

and another one:

After rock falls & landslides in the winter the coastal authorities are reacting to a request from the Town Hall & will, in the immediate future, start to fence off the cliff top area at Cala Shivananda with wood & rope fencing to stop the possibility of anyone falling. There is also the possibility that the authorities will demolish certain sections of the cliff face which they think are likely to fall or slide in the near future.

:eek:

McRackin said:
and another one:

After rock falls & landslides in the winter the coastal authorities are reacting to a request from the Town Hall & will, in the immediate future, start to fence off the cliff top area at Cala Shivananda with wood & rope fencing to stop the possibility of anyone falling. There is also the possibility that the authorities will demolish certain sections of the cliff face which they think are likely to fall or slide in the near future.

:eek:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Back