home is where the heart is – july 2005

stivi

sunday july 3rd till sunday july 24th

here's my review from my 3rd trip to ibiza and i've made two versions of it: a short one (really short!) which follows just below, and a long one, which is very detailed and which will take some time to read…either way, enjoy reading!

short:
I was in ibiza for 3 weeks and had the time of my life… Ibiza, to me, is not only clubbing, but also seeing the island and exploring all the bays and beaches as well as going out and having dinners in nice restaurants…and that’s what I did in these 3 weeks: going out a lot (although not as much as other members of this forum would), lying on many different beaches around the whole island, having tasty meals in various restaurants and just enjoying my time on ibiza. I love the vibe on the island, I love the island itself and I also love to get in contact with new people. I just had a great time, the first week with my girlfriend, the second one “alone” (alone you exactly know you’re never alone in ibza) and for the third week my good friend christian was here for the first time...

well, if that was too short for you, then I recommend you to do the following: if you are at work, then you really should print out my review because you might get fired, it’s certainly one of the longest reviews you’ve ever read on this forum! And also, it is more suitable to read when being in a relaxed mood….like when you’re reading a book (or do you people have the time to read books at work? ;) )

alright? Got your coffee mug ready? Then let’s go!:D

prologue
I’ve been to ibiza twice before, but that’s only been last year! So, Ibiza is in a way still new for me. I’m not a real ibiza-guru because I’ve missed much of the evolution of all the party culture in the earlier years. But on the other hand, I think I already know the island quite well, because (as written above in the short version) ibiza to me is much more than only going out clubbing. So already last year (when I went 10 days in july and 4 days in september), I rented a car and we went exploring the island and had some great dinners in various restaurants. And that’s exactly what ibiza stands for me: the clubs, the island itself (with all the towns and villages and of course all the platjas and calas) and the rich gastronomy all around the island.

So, here’s what I did this july in ibiza:

FIRST WEEK – A GOOD STARTER WITH MY GIRLFRIEND NATASCHA

Sunday, 3rd july – arrival, beach, borabora, wls@space

Finally the so-long awaited day had come…
Natascha and me took the plane in berne at 1pm. berne is the swiss capital, but the main airports are located in zurich and geneva (that’s also where the main business takes place in switzerland, berne is more a cosy small town than a big busy city). Berne airport is very tiny and you can check-in 15 mins prior to departure, walk through the passport control, walk up to the plane, board it…and off you’re gone! That’s very cool 8)

We had a super smooth flight (with cirrus airlines) down to ibiza and arrived at 2:30pm. Getting off the plane, super-sunny weather, closing our eyes….aaaah, feeling like home!!! It REALLY feels like home when you arrive in ibiza! Then, after our luggage also had arrived, we went picking up our rental car. Again, I had chosen centauro, as I had been very satisfied with them last year! And again it turned out to be the right decision…instead of a small car (I had booked a car in the category of a ford fiesta or similar) we got upgraded and got a ford focus, family edition turbo-diesel, quite a big car! I’m used to drive big cars so I was happy getting it ;)

Then we drove directly to sant jordi de ses salines where playa d’en bossa is located and from now on I just call it PDB to be more simple ;) when we passed in front of space, we drove sloooow, with opened windows and no music inside our car to catch the first beats who were played on space terrace (mind it’s Sunday!). but instead of directly hitting the terrace, we drove to our hotel – again the garbi – and checked in. so, for the next 3 weeks, room no. 405 at hotel garbi was my homebase 8) the room was nice, on the left wing of the hotel, top floor, and had view to the sea and also to dalt villa…so I already knew I would be able to see the sunrise from the balcony! :D

When we had unpacked our bags and had bought some food & drinks in the supermercado across the street (well, you need some drinks ready in your fridge and some snacks), we went to the beach right in front of garbi. It was at that point when I told myself “it’s time to activate all senses”: prepare to finally SMELL the salty air of the sea and the pine-trees (I love that smell), prepare to TASTE excellent peix, mariscos y carnes as well as sweet postres, prepare to SEE the beauty of this island again – and of course all the beautiful, sometimes weird & funny people, prepare to FEEL the sand between the toes (and elsewhere :lol:) and the wind cooling your body and of course prepare also to HEAR good good music…

After an hour on the beach, we couldn’t wait anymore, natascha’s legs and mine were already wiggling (not because of what you think, I tell ya!) so we took the short walk over to bora bora. When we arrived there (at about 5pm), sun rising up by deux was played and people were already shaking their butts…what a great start! 8) of course, we also danced and during the next hour, many classics and songs from the past summer were played. We didn’t stay that long, because we already felt hungry (hadn’t had a real meal yet that day), so we swam & walked back to garbi.

There we had dinner, which was included in our roomrate. In my opinion, the food quality has gone up compared to my experiences I had made last year! Still, it’s not a gourmet place, but food is really ok: there is a quite large salad buffet with a rich selection of various veggie stuff and also mostly salads with pasta, meat or fish. Also for the main courses, there is a buffet which always has meat, fish, pasta, some sort of potatoes and vegetables. I always found something I liked (although I have to say I eat quite everything…) and I thought the stuff was well-made. Last, but certainly not least, they also have a dessert buffet which always has fruit, some sort of cake or mousse and ice-cream. Also the breakfast (buffet as well) is really ok, you get bread, cereals, ham & bacon, eggs, fruit…whatever you want! The only things I could complain about food at garbi are a) the fruit juices you get for breakfast (urgh! Buy some good zumos at the supermarket), b) the “presentation” of the food (which is not made with much love) and c) the not-so atmospheric breakfast and dinner room. That’s the points where they could improve concerning food, the rest is really alright.

Two more words about garbi: the rooms are standard, no luxury, but well-sized. Good working air-condition, a fridge and also a small cooking place (which I never used…) and our room was always cleaned the way it should be. Just what a 3*-hotel stands for. Really good value. During my stay, the guests were mostly german, then some italians, french, few english and swiss people. Families as well as young people. More clubbers than last year!

After dinner, we got ready to finally hit space and we arrived at about 9pm (had bought tickets in advance on the net), when the temporary (nowadays called sunset-) terrace was rammed and groove armada just had begun to play. Hmmm, now I understand why GA got so many negative feedbacks from various forummembers during may and june :confused: Well, their set had some cool phases, but overall…very average to me! Anyway, we still enjoyed finally being at space again and dancing on the terrace (which looks pretty much the same as the old one did). Remember that the re-newed terrace wasn’t re-opened yet then!

We also went inside (because GA just couldn’t keep us staying on the terrace) where aldrin (zouk) was playing a very cool, progressive set. Someone told me he was from singapore and we both really liked his set. More energetic than the sound on the terrace, sometimes with cool spheric phases and he also played a remix of our last year’s favourite “rocker” (by alter ego). This remix was harder than any other remix of that track I had heard before and it was really cool to be remembered of our last years ibiza hols!
After midnight, james lavelle/uncle was on inside. Also this set was mucho mi gusto and we also checked out NDSM who were playing up en la caja roja. after a while, natascha got tired and her feet hurted, so we left. A bit early for my gusto, but still it was a nice way to get in the ibiza mood again. We walked back to garbi and soon we were already dreaming our suenos

Monday, 4th july – ses salines, lunch at cap d’es falcó circoloco@dc10 & release yourself@pacha

the advantage of going to bed early (about 2am) is obvious: you can also get up early again and feel good! ;)
at 9am we got up and had breakfast at the hotel. Then we went to fill up gasoline (we had picked up our car with an almost empty tank) and then we drove to ses salines. There we enjoyed lying in the sand and the fact, that it’s not crowded during the morning hours! While natascha took a nap, I took a walk past all the beach clubs (ghra guarana, malibu, jockey club and sa trinxa), kept on walking till almost to the tower and back again.
At about 1pm, it got a bit cloudy and we got hungry, so we went back to the car and drove directly to cap d’es falcó where we had a very very tasty lunch. Natascha had salmon tartar as starter and then dorada (don’t know the english word for this fish) with risotto while I started with croquetas ibericos and continued with an excellent bacalo that came along with some mashed tomatoes. Definitely recommendable place to go and have a nice meal! The setting is lovely and the dishes (the presentation, again) are made very nice!!! We didn’t have wine with the meal, but of course we had dos copas de hierbas ibicenco con hielo to finish. I know, cap d’es falcó is also very famous for its postres and I would have loved to try one of them, but we had both full stomaches, we just couldn’t eat anything more then! So if you’re up for a nice meal by the sea in a quiet surrounding, then go for it! Just keep in mind that it’s not cheap…but worth every cent!

After lunch, we drove back to PDB. Stopped at tantra bar (which is my favourite place to get tickets) to buy tickets and then headed to garbi. Took a shower, put on clothes (instead of only wearing bathing shorts and a shirt) and then, finally we had our first “real” party of this vacation…what do people do on Monday afternoons in ibiza, especially when weather is not that nice? Yes, 100 points for candidate A, they go to DC10!!! :twisted:
We got in some time before 5pm and within few minutes we were absolutely in the mood to party! People at dc10 are really up for it and the atmosphere is unique!!! When we arrived, there was still enough room to dance, but by about 7pm, the terrace was full! The music was way cool (especially loved clive henry’s set) and natascha and I had some funny experiences with random men and women :eek: :lol: :oops: :twisted:
The last dj on the terrace played some old cracking tunes (emmanuel top – turkish bazar) and some others I never would have expected to hear at dc10 (“james brown is dead”, got this on a tape back from 1992 as well as a reeeally old trance tune which I cannot name).
Dc10 is really an experience every clubber should do once. Pure madness :twisted: I liked it far more than WLS – more happy faces around.

I think we left dc10 a few minutes before the terrace closed and drove back to PDB where I had un cafe solo y un helado. after that snack, we went back to the hotel, showered and changed clothes and then drove into ciutat eivissa. there we went having a drink and then went to pacha for release yourself. I never had been to pacha before and I was tempted to see all the floors and the roof terrace! We arrived very early and pacha was almost completely empty. roger sanchez was already in the dj booth and played some loungy house tunes. So, enough time for us to discover whole pacha. Wow! The architect should be awarded for what he had created already many years ago! The club is really wonderful! Liked the roof terrace very much and also liked the fact that there’s many seating possibilities in the main room! At about 2am, people arrived slowly and the party started...and we danced all night :D but, despite the fact I really love the interior of pacha, this wasn’t our best night out there: first of all, the people were a bit too…can I say boring? There were really many “old” (35 years and older – no offence to any forum member!!!) people there and the atmosphere was not very ibiza-stylee in my opinion (pacha didn’t get rammed as well). Also roger sanchez didn’t persuade me 100% (sorry morbyd!). of course, he played some very cool tunes and he also had a band which played some live tunes at about 4 or 5 am, but what I had expected was something different: when one house dj is playing all night long, then I expect to get a journey through many different styles of house music. And that just didn’t happen! We both thought that he sticked to the same style all night long (except the loungy style during the first hour). Maybe we catched mr S in weak form and another night he’s better, but that night, we wasn’t on top form…still, we had a cool night after an absolutely perfect dc10-session!
We left pacha at about 6am, drove back to the hotel, had another quick shower and then comatose state within seconds :lol:

Tuesday, 5th july – sa caleta & ibiza town

after our almost 12hour dancing session at dc10 and pacha and some hours of sleep, we got up at about 1pm. I felt really good, natascha was still quite tired, but no serious damages to be found :lol:

the sky was still cloudy, but we were thinking positive, packed our bathing clothes and towels and drove to cala sa caleta. There we had paella sa caleta wich came with much fish and seafood and was absolutely yummy!!! 15€ per person is alright to me. We didn’t finish the paella, it was too much for us both, but I’d definitely go back there again!
And how lucky were we? During lunch, clouds had disappeared and now sun had come out, so after lunch we went down to the beach and did some serious tanning lessons :D

We stayed at sa caleta till almost 8pm, then we drove back to the hotel for a shower (and just some salad from the buffet). Then we walked to tantra bar again to get tickets sorted (not for tonight, but for Wednesday and Thursday) and have some drinks. The bar itself isn’t such a cool place, but mario and his compadres are all nice people and I always got the cheapest tickets there.

Later (it was already 11pm) we drove into ibiza town. Shopping was on the list. natascha bought one of these blue-yellow space hotpants and I found a nice and simple (quite wide) leather bracelet. After some more drinks we drove back to PDB and fell into our beds, our bodies needed more sleep!

Wednesday, 6th july – cala bassa, sunset@ hostal la torre, dinner@ la ventana, subliminal@pacha

we got up quite early again, about at 9am and today we both felt good. Just after breakfast, we headed westbound to cala bassa, where we stayed till about 4pm. Cala bassa is one of our favourite beaches on the island and we were happy that it wasn’t that crowded – although weather was perfect again. I think if I would have gone to cala bassa again in my second or third week it would have been very crowded. When we got hungry, we went to get a snack at the beach chiringuito and then continued enjoying sun, sand & sea at this beautiful cala!

Then we thought about driving back to PDB, but we didn’t do it on the direct way (via san rafael). Instead we drove southwards and very spontaneously we decided to drive up mount sa talaia, which is the highest hill on ibiza (I couldn’t call it a mountain because here in switzerland we have mountains that are ten times that high :lol:). From the top of sa talaia, you have a very nice panoramic view over the whole southern half of the island: you can see san an, then all the south-western beaches, then all the south and also the south-east including the airport, PDB and even formentera! Drive up there! It’s no problem to get there and it doesn’t take much time! Do it!

Then we passed by cala d’hort. We didn’t go down to the cala, but took the road which leads you to restaurante es boldado. Stopped about 200meters before es boldado and this spot is a perfect place to take pictures from es vedra, es vedranell and also from cala d’hort itself! I also thought that I really should pay es boldado a visit but we weren’t hungry then.

Then finally back to PDB where we had two quiet hours in our room, before we left again (this was a full-programme-day!). drove to san an again, then direction cala gracio and then we drove to hostal la torre. Friends of mine stayed there last year and recommended it to me. A very nice hostal indeed with an absolutely fabulous sunset terrace! We had two copas de vino blanco and a tasty small tortilla, just as a snack. The sunset was perfect, no clouds at all and we really enjoyed the place!

Before it was completely dark, we drove to ibiza town (muchos kilometros en coche este dia!) where we walked up dalt villa and went to restaurante la ventana, for which I had made a reservation before. The restaurant is very nicely located and we ordered the following: natascha had raviolis (in fact they were the best raviolis I’ve ever tasted!) and I finally got my beloved chuletas de cordero again! Whoa, what a meal! This time we also had a bottle of vino tinto, I wanted to try the local can rich which we liked a lot! Also this meal was quite expensive, but it was worth it and again, the dishes were almost art! So nicely prepared!!!

After dinner, we were both a bit tired (maybe also because of the red wine :oops: ;) ) but then we took a walk downtown again and the fresh air helped a lot. So, off to pacha again for subliminal! Again we arrived early (now that I can say, I really think pacha is the club where things are getting started the latest!) and so we installed ourselves on a sofa and both had a nap! :eek:! but after that, we really felt better and when we woke up, pacha was almost full and we were ready to dance (I was surprised no security staff member had bothered our nap, normally they wake you up and tell you to go home if you want to sleep)!

Just before we had fallen asleep, angel linde was playing and I liked the deephouse stuff that was played just before I fell asleep. When we woke up, dj flex was playing and his set was too banging and unfortunately boring for me. Then, at 2:30am, darren emerson began to “work” in the dj booth. Wow! First time I’ve seen DE, but this man rocks! He played also a quite hard set, very straightforward and progessive, but always varied and never boring! While dancing, I noticed that the crowd was much better than on Monday, more party-people and many beautiful women! ;) there were also more people inside than at release yourself! Darren’s set was really cool and he also played some tunes I know but cannot name…
Erick morillo began to play at about 4 or 4:30am and he began to play extremely funky stuff :rolleyes: we thought that only his intro-part would be that funky and that he would change very soon to more filthy and dirty stuff, but he just kept on playing these vocal tunes. And that wasn’t definitely what we wanted after such a cool progressive set by DE :x
Still, we danced and had fun, but after a while we couldn’t take it anymore and left…bit of a shame, natascha had seen him playing two weeks before in switzerland and it had been a blinder, but this time…no señor!

Well, no problem, we had had a beautiful day with much sun, an absolute stunning sunset followed by a fab dinner and a good boogie with the tunes of darren emerson – what more could you want? Back home to PDB and sleeeeeeeep…

Thursday, 7th july – aguas blancas – bora bora – km5 – cream@amnesia

natascha woke up already soon after 10am and woke me up in a veeeery nice way :D unfortunately, I was still very tired and definitely needed some more sleep. So, after her nice waking-up-stivi-ceremony, she went down to the pool while I had another nap. At noon-time I felt ready for the day. After a cheap lunch at burger king in PDB (well, you can’t only go for nice and expensive places, sometimes our bodies also need tasty junkfood :lol:), we decided to drive up north to see aguas blancas (or aiguës blances), a beach we hadn’t discovered last year. I think, with es cavallet, it’s the only official naked-bathing-beach on ibia (I might be wrong though). We liked the beach very much and only about half of the people on the beach were in fact naked (but we were ;) ). We stayed there till about 6pm and then drove back to PDB. Natascha needed a rest in the room, while I went to bora bora for an hour. Had a boogie and took some pictures there.

Then, we had dinner at garbi but didn’t eat any desserts there. We left some space in our stomaches because we had an idea…first we took a walk through PDB and searched for some cool sunglasses for natascha (I had destroyed hers back in april when we were in andalucia), but didn’t find anything suitable. Then we drove to KM5 – not for dinner, but for a very tasty postre: natascha had tiramisu and I had crème brulée. Yummy!!! Of course, we also had coffee, which was a good thing for me, but not such a good thing for natascha: she’s not a big coffee-drinker and sometimes she just cannot take it. She really wanted do have a coffee then, but half an hour later, she was feeling sick and had stomach ache…(no, it wasn’t the tiramisu, I’m sure about that, because I’ve also had of it and she really gets problems from time to time when drinking coffee). So we drove back to garbi and she had a relaxing phase for an hour.

Well, it was Thursday night….nataschas favourite night on ibiza had always been cream and she had been looking forward to that night for a long time and we also already had bought tickets for that. So, she decided that she wants to try and go to cream…no matter how her stomach felt! Alright to me, I was also looking forward to get some trance music again and so, off we went. Arrived at amnesia at about 1:30am and got in quickly. The main room was already quite full. Two things worried us (apart of natascha’s stomach) when we got in: amnesia now doesn’t give you a stamp to get in anymore until 5:00am!!! :eek:!!! last year, it was 2:30am or 3am, but 5am is too much! Come on guys! Urrgh! :x
The second thing we didn’t like was the crowd. I had been to cream 3 times last year and I knew that the crowd is VERY young and VERY british, but this time it seemed like there were ONLY beerboys around. Well, we got along with both things and natascha’s stomach was the thing we really worried about…at exactly 2am tiësto arrived in the dj booth and the party began. Suddenly (no, it wasn’t because tiësto had arrived :lol:) natascha’s stomach-ache had gone (we have the right medicine for that :twisted:) and from then on, we could really enjoy our night at cream! At the beginning, I was critical about tiësto because the last sets I had heard of him weren’t what I liked, but that night, he really played a very nice set: mixing was okay (we all know he’s not the best at mixing but at least there were no trainwrecks) and the selection of tunes was perfect for my liking! Some really kickin’ progressive tracks together with the more melodic stuff! And fortunately he didn’t play his own cheddar cheese (love comes again and stuff like that) anymore. Many new tunes, cool stuff. Climax moment was at about 4am, when it was the only real cheese (but good cheese imo) moment – because he played oakie’s southern sun. natascha and I had an epic moment there. Coooooool. :D and amnesia’s main room was 10 meters up in the air 8)
What was also cool is the fact that already at about 3am many of the beerboys had gone and the more the night continued, the better the crowd got. Tiësto played till 5am and then it was either montana or mark norman who threw a mostly pure progressive, afterhour-stylee set. But we couldn’t trust our ears, when the music stopped already at 6.45am!!! :eek: :evil: that was it already? Please? Well yes, no more music…and we were still in mood to party….

So, back to garbi for a quick shower and changing clothes and then it was only a short walk to….

Friday, 8th july – what’s up@space, relaxing, ibiza town, dinner@el corsario

space! Bought tickets at tantra and got inside space. I was critical about “what’s up” because I knew it’s only inside the discoteca (and I don’t like space inside that much) and I didn’t really know what to expect. The music was very, very strange. Absolutely weird. I guess that must be real afterhour techno sound. Hmmm :confused: Natascha didn’t like the music at all, but still we danced for a while. Also I couldn’t really find the key to this music (it was beyond my horizon) and then my left eye began to hurt. Must have been a too long night for my contact lenses. So we left space again only about 2 hours after we had gone in…

walked back to garbi, straight to bed and slept till almost 6pm!
When we got up, we first took a walk in PDB. Weather wasn’t that good (and people told us it had been cloudy and windy all day), so we knew we hadn’t missed anything ;)
Then we drove into eivissa town, where we went buying a very nice (and sexy!) dress for natascha. She had seen that one already last september but her size had been sold out then…how lucky they were still selling the same dress this year! Of course now natascha was happy :D and, as if we would have had ordered it, the clouds began to disappear. So, we walked up dalt villa and spontaneously decided to check out restaurante el corsario. other forum members had already written good critics about it and we walked in without having a reservation. No problem, they still had una mesa para dos personas and we got a table in the first line, from where you really have a superb view over dalt villa and the port of eivissa. I knew this would be a pricey meal, but we didn’t care. I was sure then that the two weeks in which natascha wouldn’t be on the island would definitely not be as expensive as this one – because lack of romantic dinners!
to start, we had melon and ham para compartir, which was very tasty (well, to be honest, you can’t do much wrong with this). Natascha’s main course was a pollo con ciruelas y almendras. I also tasted of her’s and it was absolutely yummy! I really liked the combination of meat and sweet things as cherries and almonds! I had a solomillo a la pimienta which came along with vegetables and croquetas. Man…this was SO good! Wine? Si, we had some vino tinto again, but this time we chose a rioja…did I ever mention that I’m half-italian? (I don’t look italian though) Well, you might know most italians love red wine…and i ABSOLUTELY do!
After this princely dinner (you can also leave the N, but it was indeed fabulous), we strolled back down in town, where we finally found the sunglasses natascha had been looking for. Again, she was very happy! :lol:

So, after a hard night out, a bit of sleep, walking a bit and eating a lot, we were tired again and we decided to call it a day. Drove back to our homebase…and goodnight!

Saturday, 9th july – cala d’hort – sunset@kumharas – dinner@la brasa

we woke up quite early again and felt fresh. Only my left eye, who had been slightly injured during our party-session, still felt bad so I decided to (again, as yesterday after space) not wearing my contact lenses for another day.

After a short breakfast (our stomaches were still full of last night’s dinner) we directly drove down to cala d’hort, a beach I love, even though it gets quite crowded during high season! But having es vedra just in front is just great. Weather definitely had changed for good again and we enjoyed a good tanning session 8) in the afternoon we got hungry, so we decided to repeat what we had done last year when we were at the same cala: we went to restaurante cala d’hort (it’s the right one on the beach) and had gambas a la plancha! and as last year, these prawns were 10 out of 10! After a chupito, we continued our tanning sesh and I also took a nap.

We stayed there till about 5pm, then drove back to PDB, where we had an ice-cream, a quick shower and a bit of shopping. Natascha bought a bottle of hierbas while I got the 2005 made in italy compilation. From that point on dd’s say hello was my favourite track to listen while driving around on the island…but of course, also many other tunes of the comp are great (sun rising up, pimp up my nails :lol:, my washing machine, worry, robophobia and I also really like closer to me).

Then we drove to kumharas for the sunset. Unfortunately the sunset wasn’t perfect – but their cocteles are great! After that, back to our luxury stationwagon :lol: and back to ibiza town. It was (already!) natascha’s last evening on the island and it was her wish to have dinner at restaurante la brasa. We already knew this restaurant and I honestly can say we’re fans of it. I had made a reservation – luckily, because when we arrived at 11pm, I couldn’t see any free tables except the one they kept free for us (and it was a perfectly located table in the quiet back of the garden). Again, we had an excellent meal! Natascha first had grilled mushrooms with a very tasty sauce while I had grilled peppers and aubergines. Already the portions of the starters were big and our main courses were huge: natascha tried salmon con arroz and I had fish (I don’t remember the spanish name and can’t name it in english, in german it’s called “steinbutt”) with potatoes. Both courses were excellent and if you’re really hungry, then la brasa is the place to go – they really do big portions! You already ask yourself “and what about the red wine?”? yes, of course we had some. During the week (and all over the island) I had seen many advertisings of this red wine called arzuaga. I didn’t know it and we decided to give it a try…well….errr…let’s say it like this: we had had better ones on the other nights! Okay, this might sound a bit hard – the wine was still okay and went well with what we ate, but the next time I would choose something else (btw: I know, normally you drink white or rose wine when you eat fish. But I just prefer the red one and nowadays also the gastro-kings accept to have red with fish).

After that royal dinner, we drove back to PDB. We both needed an after-dinner-walk so we had a very romantic late night walk under the stars on playa d’en bossa (luckily quiet at that time). Actually we were having free tickets for amnesia (people from ibiza), but no-one thought about this. We just enjoyed our last hours together on the island…

SECOND WEEK, “ALONE” – UNTIL NOW, IT WAS ONLY WARM-UP

Sunday, 10th july – natascha’s leaving, comfort@space

There was already a bit a strange vibe in the air when we got up…it was the day of natascha’s goodbye…first, she packed her stuff and then we went to the beach in front of garbi for about two hours. Catching the last sunrays for natascha! Then, at noon time, some clouds came and it matched with our mood :cry: so we had a snack at garbi’s beach restaurant and soon after, I drove her to the airport. Her flight had a bit of delay, so we still had the time for a drink. Strange and sad mood. Farewell was hard for both of us, we had had a very nice week together and it was the first time for me to be in ibiza without her (in fact, the first time to be in ibiza alone)… but I guess my heart was hurting a bit less than her’s, because I knew I still had two weeks on the island while she had to go back to work…

After she had left, I drove back to garbi. Slightly confused. What am I gonna do now to comfort myself? Right!!! Changed clothes, put on my dancing shoes, walked to tantra, bought a ticket for WLS and less than an hour after I had kissed natascha goodbye, I entered space! It was about 3pm and things were already going on serious on the temporary terrace. One of my fave house dj’s, jon ulysses was playing and he delivered a very uplifting and euphoric set (did I already mention that there’s a new remix of faithless’ insomnia around?), which I really enjoyed. My thoughts were still with natascha and I was still sad she couldn’t shake her sexy ass together with me now. After ulysses, tom novy arrived in the dj booth. The first few tunes he played were more progressive and electro-stylee and then he changed back to the more melodic stuff (which fits better for an afternoon sesh on the terraza imo) and I think quite everybody appreciated it. After him, NDSM began to play. I only catched about half of their set which was a bit slower and filthier than novy’s and ulysses’, but still cool for the terrace. During the afternoon I had met a group (12 peeps) of germans jungs und mädels (boys & girls :lol:) and they really seemed to be nice. We talked, danced together and had a good time on the terrace. Good thing, diverted me from the slight heartache I had.

I used my passout between about 7:30pm and 10pm, when I walked back to garbi, had dinner from the buffet, took a shower and relaxed on the balcony for a while. Then time had come for the second bit of my Sunday@space. When I arrived on the terrace again, lottie was playing her last tunes before bob sinclar took over control of the terrace (which was absolutely rammed, as always on a Sunday night). His set was very tribalicious and towards the end, he even mixed some merengue sounding stuff into his tribal house tunes. Funny in a way, but not my favourite style. Met the germans again soon and some of them were a bit drunk which was funny :D I liked the fact I already met people only about two hours after natascha had gone. Well, you’re never alone in ibiza… 8)
After the terrace had closed, we went inside where david philips was playing. He played very hard (but not as weird as the sound we had heard on Friday morning) and the germans didn’t like it that much. So, we had a chill’sesh on the premier etage. I noticed that I was getting tired, but I didn’t want to leave before james holden arrived. He began the way david philips had played beforehand, hard and banging, but then changed to some more electro-stuff, but still quite hard. Liked him more than DP. At about 3am, I was too tired and I didn’t want to “all the way” that night because I knew there was a hard week waiting for me…so I left, walked back to garbi and went sleeping…

Monday, 11th july – beach PDB, an evening out with mackie, cocoon@amnesia

I woke up at about 9am, went having a big breakfast at garbi and felt good. Still missed natascha (I knew it wouldn’t completely go away for the next two weeks but I was sure, it would get better), but I couldn’t change facts anyway.

Weather was perfect, absolutely cloudless and so I went to the beach in front of garbi. Spent a lot of time there and was happy that my left eye was okay again. Already on Sunday afternoon I had worn my contact lenses again (for space) and didn’t have any problems anymore. I also took a beach-walk northbound, until figueretas. Stayed on the beach till about 4pm and then walked to bora bora – but nothing was going on yet, I was early. So I walked back to garbi, stopped by a supermercado to refill my fridge.

Then I wrote McRackin a text message and asked him if he was up for a spontaneous meeting on the same evening. He agreed and only a few hours later we were sitting together in his car! First of all, I can really say mackie is a very nice bloke and the evening we spent together was one of my highlights of my 2005 ibiza vacation!
He drove us in the region north of san an and showed me an area (near santa ines) with beautiful landscape. This area has a very special touch and I really liked it there. He also told me some local and historical stories about it, but I won’t share all that with you ;)
And then, he showed me a place, which – from that point on – immediately got my absolute favourite place on this lovely island. We went to see the sunset there and it was truly the best sunset I’ve ever seen in my whole life. The sky was absolutely cloudless that day, there were only few people and the spot itself is just perfect. You definitely can’t compare this place with the strip (café del mar, mambo etc.) and neither with kumharas (and as you know I DO like kumharas). I was gutted natascha couldn’t see this. And one thing, I know for sure: if I ever will ask a woman If she wants to marry me…and if I get the chance to ask her the question in ibiza, then it would certainly be THERE!
Btw: the name of the place is cala yogi

After this experience, we drove to cala gracioneta, where we had dinner at the chiringuito located directly in the cala. I already knew this cala from last september’s Sunday best beach party (mackie and wimpers – I’m sorry I missed you guys then!) and it was a very cool idea of McR to have dinner there. Mackie first was critical about the duck with honey and balsamic vinegar that was on the menu, but he tried it and I think it was a good decision to try it ;) . I had an entrecote, which was also very good and came along with salad and potato chips. As we didn’t had starters, there was still room for postres: mackie had a chunky brownie (muy bueno, no? and I had my first graxionera, a local and delicious dessert! We also had some good vino blanco (don’t think I only drink red wine ;)) and we ended our dinner with the almost obligatory hierbas. the food was fair-priced and I can definitely recommend this restaurant!
During the whole evening, we had a really interesting (and sometimes very funny) conversation and mackie, I swear – the next time I’m coming to ibiza, you will have to spend another evening with me! :D

It was already past midnight, when mackie drove me to tantra bar. There I picked up my ticket for cocoon and mackie gave me another lift to garbi. Then we said goodbye, but stayed in contact for the rest of my vacation. Deffo a very sympathic ibicenco!!! 8)
I quickly changed clothes and then drove to amnesia. When I got inside at about 1:30pm, sven väth was already bringing the noise in the main room – and how! The main room was already filled up very nicely and sven’s set was definitely one of the BEST techno sets I’ve ever heard. My god, he really had only gold lying on his turntables that night! in may, sven was playing in berne and then, when he played a full 6 hours set, he also went into more experimental stuff, but the set he delivered at cocoon was very pumping and just great!!! Wow! when richie hawtin came on at 4am, I quickly realised, the best part of the night had already past. Simply because hawtin’s set was…errr…boring!!! Sven had played much upfront and also quite euphoric (or let’s just say emotional) stuff and richie did the contraire! a very flat and unspectacular set :cry: also other people I met that night thought the same. So, I went to the terrace, where ricardo villalobos threw a cool set. Funky and cosy in a way – but of course never as pumping as sven’s. I enjoyed the rest of the night at the terrace and there I met a nice dutch couple, amy & raouw. After amnesia had closed (at 7:05am this time… :evil:), I first drove them to their appartment in figueretas and then I drove “home” to garbi.
Sven’s set was one of my highlights from this holidays and my former not-so-good opinion about cocoon (which I got after a very average night last summer with marco carola) had changed distinctly!
I went sleeping some time before 9am, when sun was already up high in the blue sky…

Tuesday, 12th july – s’illot d’es rencli, pdb, armada@amnesia

the room phone woke me up at noon…it was natascha! She was thinking about coming down to ibiza again, but only for the forthcoming weekend (thu-sat) and she was unsure wether she sould do it (and spend quite a fortune) or not…at the end, she decided to save the money. Of course it would have been cool to have her here again, but on the other hand this short trip really would have been expensive and I think she made the right decision.

Well…I was awake, so I got up. Felt surprisingly fresh and so, I decided to continue with my island-discovering programme ;)
I took the car and drove northbound. I love the region around portinatx and benirras, it’s very rural there and I love the contrast of the green hills and the deep blue sea. Plus, mostly you don’t get that many tourists there and especially not the “bora bora-partycrowd”. Don’t misunderstand me: I also love partying at bora bora a lot, but I couldn’t spend a week in ibiza and being lingering around bora bora each and every single day…it’s always the same! So, sometimes I’m also happy to escape a bit of the “nonstop-party-thing” for a few hours. And that’s what I did, I found a small fine-pebble beach called s’illot d’es rencli. It’s located just off the road to portinatx, between cala xaracca and cala xuclar. Above the beach, there’s a restaurant and the beach itself is quite small. Advantages: very quiet AND the water up there is absolutely crystal clear…and almost no waves. There’s also a small island in front of the beach (that’s where the place gets its name from). I spent long time lying in the sun and enjoyed re-passing the last 24hrs in my thoughts. fell asleep for half an hour or so and was absolutely relaxed – not knackered though.
I also met 3 andalucian girls (lola, maria y nieves) on that beach and we had a cool conversation (en español, of course :lol:).
Isn’t it a strange world: we were lying on the beach, having a good time and having a real time-out of it all and on the same time, bombs detonate in european cities! :cry: :eek: It was during these days, when all the bombings (london, barcelona) began and…you know how it’s like when you’re on vacation: you don’t get much of the stuff going on in the rest of the world…was only informed about the bombings by text messages! Got a bit thoughtful :confused:

Drove back to PDB late afternoon and had dinner at garbi in the evening. It was only then, when I noticed, I hadn’t eaten for 24hours… :eek: :lol: so, I ate a lot and people in the sala looked at me like I was a lion who gets his daily 300kgs of meat :lol:

An after-dinner-beachwalk was needed then. So, I walked down la playa d’en bossa and walked up to the tower (torre des carregador) at the southern end of the beach. From there, you get a nice view over whole PDB. On the way back, I stopped by at bora bora, where things were going on strongly. Gee himself was playing that night and he brought the vibe. But, – honestly – I wasn’t in the mood to dance yet. After that nice afternoon and such a big dinner, I was just too relaxed. So I went back to the hotel (with stopping by at tantra) and took a nap!

My alarm-clock did a great job at 0:30am. Got up (taking a nap had been a good decision), took a shower and got myself ready for another night out! Drove to amnesia and met some of the peeps of the german’s group I had meat at space on Sunday.
It was the opening night of ARMADA (got my ticket for 10€ only) and again, we all had a cool night at amnesia! When we got inside at 1:30am, markus schulz was playing – a très progressive set and only few melodic tunes. At 2:30am, the main room was full, but not rammed. At 4am, armin van buuren arrived in the dj booth and he played till the end (6:50am). He began with the more euphoric and melodic stuff and towards the morning, he went more into tech- & hardtrance. But of course, the last tunes were melodic again. Someone of the amnesia stuff cut down the power and he really wanted to continue playing for some more songs, but they wouldn’t let him! The crowd was waiting and yelling for almost a quarter of an hour, but it didn’t help…
The germans had enjoyed the night at amnesia as well as I had (with the only difference that it was the first visit to amnesia for them. They liked it a lot and also had the “shock” when they were almost blown away by the ice-cannon :lol:), it was a good night out. Compared with cream, I thought that the crowd was slightly better (less drunk or absolutely f***ed up chavs) while the music was more on the progressive edge, less euphoric than a normal night at cream. I also had been to the terrace once or twice that night, where “sundown” also had their opening. Cool house music with some even better dance shows! Also the terrace was nicely filled!!! (I had been critical beforehand if armada & sundown would be a succes, but it was!)

after amnesia had decided they really wouldn’t let armin play one or two more tunes, we all left and I gave them a lift to their villa they had rented in puig d’en valls. then I drove home to garbi, where I took a shower and relaxed on the balcony for a while and watched the sun rising and rising…
then i went having a small breakfast in the hotel…why wasn’t I tired at all?? Why didn’t I want to go to sleep yet?

Wednesday, 13th july – in bed with space & bora bora – what a messy day!

so, after having breakfast I went up to my room again. Sleeping? Now? NO! :D okay, decision was made quickly: continue partying!

I took my free ticket I had for IBWS (you get one when you buy their compilation and I had bought the 2004 comp last summer) and off I went. Not directly to space, first I walked up the beach and relaxed for half an hour near bora bora. I love the feeling when the waves go around my legs and cool down my feet. Also, PDB-beach was still very quiet and that’s a thing you don’t get to see very often (unless you get up very early each day to have your beach-walk).
I finally arrived at space at about 9:30am. Went inside the discoteca, where cool deep house was played. I like that stuff so I had a boogie. Something I also liked was the fact, they had “cut” the dancefloor. It was smaller than normal – but like that, it really seemed to be full and there was A BIT of a more intimate feeling to the discoteca. After a short warm-up I went to the terrace. When I was walking outside, jon ulysses was right walking to the dj booth. 5mins later, he threw the first tune! Yeah I know, again him (had seen him only on Sunday@space), but he just knows how to rock the terrace. Again, I loved his set and danced nonstop on the sunny terrace. Well, suddenly it was already past noon and my body now seemed to get tired. After a drink, I left space. Bought an ice-cream on my way home (1. ice-cream after a hard night out is just delicious, 2. to have your hotel in walking distance of space is a gift!).

when I arrived at the hotel, I took another shower, put on my bathing shorts, took my towel and went to the beach in front of garbi. Went swimming and afterwards I slept for maybe two hours on the beach. Now I began to feel a bit messy. But nevertheless, I walked up to bora bora again late in the afternoon, where I first met amy & raouw, the dutch couple I had met at cocoon. We all didn’t feel like dancing and we also were early, so we spent about two hours sitting on the beach and having a nice conversation. Then suddenly, the full german’s group arrived and it was at that point, when dancing at bora bora had started again. At about 7pm, I realised that (again) I hadn’t eaten for nearly a day, so I told them I need a time-out.

I walked back to the hotel and directly hit the buffet. Ate half of the buffet alone and was happy afterwards :D but I noticed also, that (after two hard nights at amnesia, another dance sesh at space and only maybe 6 hours sleep in total during the last 50 hours) I was getting REALLY tired now. But no chance not going back to bora bora. I knew the germans would live on the next day and I had promised them (err, promised her, one of them girls) to come back after dinner. so I got back to bora bora, which was in full swing. Got a warm welcome by the germans and soon we were dancing and drinking…I danced for maybe two more hours, then I just couldn’t take it anymore. First, I felt absolutely dead and then, I also couldn’t take the freakshow going on at bora bora anymore. So, I said them (and her) farewell and crawled back to garbi, where I fell asleep with lights still on in my room….

Thursday, 14th july – cala salada y cala d’hort, cream@amnesia

I woke up at 9am and felt like new born!!! 8) ten hours of sleep are just irreplacable! :lol:
Already when I got up, I decided that I would continue with my “ibiza exploring programme” today. While having breakfast at garbi, two girls went towards my table. I had seen them when they arrived (I think it was two days ago), but hadn’t spoken to them…you know, im shy. :oops: ;) they were from germany (called larissa and mandy) and asked me, if I would accompany them going to the “f*ck me I’m famous”-night at pacha, which was on on the coming night. I denied, because I was already in possession of a ticket for cream, but we began a nice conversation (decided to switch table) and short after they decided to follow my invitation to take them with me on my “daily island tour”.

So, at about 11am, we left garbi and our first destination was cala salada. I had never been to that cala before, but I had heard VERY good things about it. Time to check it out then! The girls hardly knew anything about the island (except of ibiza town, san an and of course PDB as well as some of the clubs…), so they were happy to see some more. When we arrived at the cala, they first were a bit disappointed, because the first bit of beach you see when you arrive isn’t that great – small and with pebbles. But, as someone had told me, it was worth to walk up the cliffs on the right hand side…and there we saw, why this cala was reccomended to me: if you walk over the rocks for about 5 mins, then you arrive at an absolutely fabulous sandy beach! It’s a bit of climbing (fun with the girls :lol:), but it’s definitely worth it! And now also larissa and mandy were happy. Cala salada immediately entered my top-5-ibiza-beaches ranking! the water is very clear (and clean), the beach is perfect and as a plus you can jump off the rocks on the way to the beach (I did it, no problem – just make sure you jump off somewhere where the water is deep enough!). we spent some hours on this lovely beach and worked on our tans (well, they were still quite pale and I finally began to take some “healthy colour”).

Sometime in the afternoon we got hungry and we decided we should go on and check out one or two more beaches. We drove to cala comte, which I already knew from my visit last september (then, there weren’t too many peeps on this beach). But when we arrived, the beach unfortunately was absolutely overcrowded! I didn’t know it’s such a popular beach (well, might be because there are also buses which go there). So we just went to buy a snack at the restaurant, took some fotos (the beach is lovely, but I’d come earlier or late in the season when it’s less crowded) and then drove onwards to cala d’hort. There we went swimming again and spent some time on the beach. That was also a beach they loved – for me it wasn’t new, but always worth going. I also told them that I had heard good things about restaurante es boldado…(keep that in mind ;))
Later, we drove back to PDB where we had dinner together at garbi.

I left them after dinner, because we had different plans for the night and I also needed a rest and some time solo. So, I took another very cosy and relaxing after-dinner-walk on the beach in PDB. At that point, I noticed what I would be missing when I’m back in switzerland: the sea and the salty air! I passed by bora bora, but I wasn’t up for a boogie then. Just felt too relaxed. When I came back to my room at garbi, I went directly to the shower to brush off the sand on my feet (of course I always do my beach walks barefoot). It was already dark when I got back and so I didn’t see if there was anything on the beach when I was walking. So I only noticed now that my feet were full of tar! Hell, not just a spot or two, as you catch sometimes, my weet were actually black!!! What the f*ck had I done wrong that day, dear god?! :evil: :lol: …anyway, after scrubbing my feet for half an hour, they were halfway back to normal…
Had a rest for another hour before nightlife restarted!

I drove to amnesia for the third time this week. I know, that’s a lot – maybe too much, but honestly I think they have the best weekly programme – at least for my likes (and I really would like to check out la troya which I didn’t make)! I arrived there a bit earlier than usual, but there was quite a huge queue in front of the entrance. It was my second cream of this season and by now this party has really two faces for me – I’m being a bit more detailed about cream now:

music at cream: I still love trance music. I’ve been listening to electronic music for about 13 years now, and for about ten years I’m a trance addict. In this way, cream is still a very good night for me – surely the best trance night in ibiza. And also the night on the 14th of july was (music-wise) a top one: when I arrived, gareth wyn was nicely warming up the main room with pumpin’ progressive tunes (no hardhouse 8)) and ended his set at 1:30am with “arcadia” by gabriel & dresden. Mister vermeulen, better known as marco v, took over then and delivered a superb set! typically marco v-style, quite hard and proggy, but intelligent tunes and some melodic stuff in between. He also played 3 tunes from which I knew there was a house-version around, but not a progressive one: eurythmics – sweet dreams, then “tainted love” and a third one (same genre), but I can’t name it anymore :rolleyes: :oops: ;)
after him, nu nrg were dropping their live set (between 3:30 and 4am). They started very techy, had only two melodic tunes (but they were great) and ended on the techy edge again.
Then it was finally time for paul van dyk. when I had seen him last year (twice, both at cream) I was blown away by his sets each time and so I had big expectations. Well, his set was solid, a good misch masch of the more melodic and more proggy and techy stuff, and of course with some classics as a tasty topping, but in a way it wasn’t an absolute cracker to me. So, this year I’d rate tiësto’s set (at cream on 7th july) over pvd’s (at cream on 14th july), but in overall (if I compare all ever catched sets of both) I’d still prefer pvd over tiësto.

people at cream: oh my dear. Urrgh! Already in the first week, when I was at cream together with natascha, we both thought the crowd wasn’t what we were searching for, but we got along with it, especially as it got later and later in the night.
but this week, when I was there on my own, I really couldn’t stand the majority of the crowd: so many beer-boys which were jumping and raving around like mad in the main room! They weren’t paying any attention to the people around themselves and just went mad. My got, that was a real bad experience. Because, first of all, you can easily dance “decently” to trance music – no problem! And second, amnesia is such a great place. I really tried to not card about them, but this night I really hated them all. Sorry about this honesty, and I really don’t want to make an offense to anyone, but it was such a shame: to me, the music was so good and the crowd in general (of course, there’s always exceptions) was so sh*t. so I searched around for a place without pale (or red-burnt) kung-fu monks, closed my eyes and escaped in the world of sound…

when I got out of amnesia at 7am, sun had already risen. I drove back to my homebase, chilled for some time on my balcony (listening the waves breaking) and I was still fullfilled with nice sounds from the past night and pissed of that crap crowd at the same time. Weird experience! Cream now really has two faces for me…sadly!
Went to bed at 9am and fell asleep within seconds.

Friday, 15th july – lunch@es boldado, sunset@kumharas, san an

the two german girls mandy & larissa woke me up with a phone call at about 2:30pm. The day before, we had been talking about doing some more island discovery together…but at that point, I was still wrecked and they were hungry!

So we made a nice compromise: we decided to drive down to restaurante es boldado to eat paella. we got a nice table there and the setting of this restaurant is superb! Sitting at a nice table, enjoying already the pan, olivas y allioli and having a perfect view of cala d’hort as well as es vedra y es vedranell!
One of the german girls never had been eating paella before, so she was quite excited about it. The other one already knew it and I am an absolute paella lover! So, it was great fun to see both of them “fighting” with the mariscos :lol:
I definitely would recommend es boldado. Perfect setting – and I thought it wasn’t extremely expensive. Of course, almost none of these beach-restaurants are cheap, but I thought it was ok.

Spent all afternoon at es boldado and drove back to garbi at about 7pm. Had a quick swim in the sea, followed by a quick shower and then we were off again. I drove them to kumharas for the sunset. They loved the place (as I do) and we enjoyed sipping our cocktails and having a good time.

As we all didn’t feel neither like going out clubbing nor like going back to the hotel already, we drove into san an after it got dark. We took a walk through the west end (I think I’ve seen some of the main room neon-stick hoppers choppers from last night at amnesia :evil:) and I spotted many bars that people had been writing about here. I thought plastik and hush looked nice, but we didn’t feel like squeezing ourselves into one of these bars (they all looked quite full). After an afternoon at es boldado and a sunset at kumharas, we just felt too relaxed for that kind of stuff. Instead, we bought some ice-cream near the port, sat on a bench where these funny fountains are (sadly with this annoying music – I’d love it without!). we enjoyed our helados and talked about “men, women and their adventures with getting along with each other” – funny conversation ;)
We all got tired at some point and then we drove back to PDB – buenas noches!
(no, we didn’t share the room… 8))

Saturday, 16th july – formentera

my alarm clock woke me up at 8:30am. I had had a comatose dose of sleep (still the after-effects of clubbing)…got up then and went for breakfast, where I met the girls again.

Then we took my car, drove into ciutat eivissa – finally the day with the long-planned formentera-excursion had come!
We took the ferry of the company called “mediterranea pitiusa”. They’ve got 3 ships, a fast one (called aigües de formentera/i]), which takes you from ibiza to formentera (la savina) within only 25 mins, and two slower ones (menorca express y illa pitiusa), which make it within 35 mins. On the way to formentera we had the fast one and on the way back we took the slower one. I’d recommend you to take the slower one because if you take the fast one, you can’t go on deck and you have to stay inside instead! We left ibiza at 10:30am and were on formentera already at 11am. The return ticket cost us 31€ per person. Bit more expensive than I would have thought.
When we arrived, we went to rent bikes. When you ship over to formentera with the above mentionned company, you get discount on the prices of the rental company called “formotor”, where you can rent bikes or scooters. (I’m sure other ferry-companies have deals with other rental companies as well) so, for our bikes, we only paid 6€ per bike. First, we thought about hiring a scooter, but as we were 3 persons, we would have to had hired two scooters (which would have sum up to about 50€). So we decided to save up some money and do something for our shapes instead. 8) we left la savina and pedaled towards cap de barbaria(southernmost point of formentera). the road mostly went uphill a bit, so it was quite hard for the ladies. It took us nearly an hour to cycle to this cap, but it was absolutely worth every bit of sweat! Very nice views, beautiful landscapes and a stunnig view when you arrive there.
On the way back to la savina, larissa and mandy were very happy, because the road (logically) went downhill and it was an eeeasy ride ;) (I guess one way is about 10kms). La savina wasn’t our final destination – we kept on cycling to platja de illetes at the northernmost point of formentera. There we had a rest, enjoyed lying on the beach. The white-sanded beach there is really stunning, but too crowded for my liking. It was funking hot on that day (well, mackie had warned me that a heat-wave would come) and tanning was definitely ON that day. Mackie had also warned me of the astronomical prices of the meals at them chringuitos, so we didn’t go to eat there. But I took a look at the menue of restaurante es presidente. the cheapest thing you could get was either a hamburger with chips for 12€ or a small portion of spaghetti for the same price – now, that’s what I call a rip-off!!!

Some time after 4pm, we left the beach, drove back to la savina, dropped off our bikes, bought some food and drinks at the nearest supermercado and then took the ferry back to eivissa. The girls complained a bit about their hurting legs and bums, but still we all had enjoyed our sporty day out!
The arrival in the port of eivissa is damn cool! I had the chance to make many pictures of dalt villa from the ship.
We all were tired when we got off the ferry and had enough sun for that day. So we drove back to garbi/PDB. After a shower (and much aftersun-lotion) we went having dinner at the hotel. I was hungry like a lion again and also the chicas ate quite a lot (but they concentrated their power to the sweets and the melon).

read more in the second part: http://www.ibiza-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=37073

nostrum said:
During the week (and all over the island) I had seen many advertisings of this red wine called arzuaga. I didn’t know it and we decided to give it a try…well….errr…let’s say it like this: we had had better ones on the other nights! Okay, this might sound a bit hard – the wine was still okay and went well with what we ate, but the next time I would choose something else
guess who is the man behind the arzuaga wine? florentino arzuaga, owner of the jet complex (yep, including your beloved bora bora). thats why you see so many ads of his wine around playa den bossa.....

58.jpg

btw, the duck with honey and balsamic vinegar was yummy.....

afeed3.gif
---> yum yum!! :p

thank you mackie for clearing things up about the red wine!

don't talk about food, i'm already getting hungry now! vamos a comer???

McRackin said:
nostrum said:
vamos a comer en la semana desde el 11 - 18 septembre :D
cool. i bet you will bring your girlfriend to cala shivananda, right? ;) :p ;)

no, mackie - unfortunately this won't happen (at least not this year). she can't take some days off in september. also my arrival is not definite yet...but i'll let you know!

nostrum said:
no, mackie - unfortunately this won't happen (at least not this year). she can't take some days off in september.
oh well, next time then!! :D

btw, i loved the picture with the girls sitting on the rocks with the bottle of wine. nice one!! ;)

McRackin said:
nostrum said:
no, mackie - unfortunately this won't happen (at least not this year). she can't take some days off in september.
oh well, next time then!! :D

btw, i loved the picture with the girls sitting on the rocks with the bottle of wine. nice one!! ;)

yes, mackie - this picture brings back the memories. that moment there was just perfect. gracias amigo!

still don't know wheter i can come for another week in september... :(

from el sol de ibiza:

Whilst Sant Josep has problems with the Es Cubells cliffs sliding because of heavy rain, it was reported last week that the cliffs at the Cala Shivananda beauty spot have also altered dramatically because of land slides caused by rain. Luckily no property has have been affected by these latest earth movements on the island.

there was a recent picture in ultima hora the other day and it looked quite different!! :cry:

McRackin said:
from el sol de ibiza:

Whilst Sant Josep has problems with the Es Cubells cliffs sliding because of heavy rain, it was reported last week that the cliffs at the Cala Shivananda beauty spot have also altered dramatically because of land slides caused by rain. Luckily no property has have been affected by these latest earth movements on the island.

there was a recent picture in ultima hora the other day and it looked quite different!! :cry:

OH NOOOOO!!!! :cry:

Back