Hip Hop?

Chase & Status & Tinie Tempah - Hitz.

Have to say... I do like this. Reminds me of early 90s UK Hip Hop where it was much more about the breakbeat ... used many times before, but the main sample also works.

As for Hip Hop in Ibiza... I seem to remember Westwood @ Pacha? Think it was an Underwater night... most amusing.

tempah needs to bore off. radio 1 blow so much praise up his rrrse its like he's their "cool" mate thats gona get them invited to the big house party they wernt invited to

I once started talking to a couple out there who, it transpired, hated dance music and were just over there to see Westwood. :rolleyes:

I don't mind a bit of hippity hop, but it's not really what you go to Ibiza for.

WHATS UP? Anyone have any suggestions as to the best hip hop bars/clubs in Ibiza? Gonna be there May 29th- June13th. I'd love some ideas...

Soul City in the West End strip, San An - quite a small inimate venue, but the DJs knew their stuff. Was cheap too, although went start of season when it was still relatively quiet.

Obviously you have TwiceasNice at Eden if that's your bag - the only superclub night that caters for the "urban" crowd, but will play more garage and UK scene as opposed to your Lil' Waynes, Jay Zs & other big American artists etc.

Clublands MIGHT be worth a check if you can put up with 90% hard dance music! They had N-Dubz & Tinie Tempah last year.

... But it all honesty, if Hip-Hop is your thing, I would personally look elsewhere than Ibiza.

There isn't much of a scene here for a reason - it's the dance music capital of the world!

Plus, Kavos, Malia, Ayia Napa - these places will cater for your tastes more efficiently.

Even if you love the music at Soul City, spending a whole week there would get seriously tedious, believe.

I once started talking to a couple out there who, it transpired, hated dance music and were just over there to see Westwood. :rolleyes:

I don't mind a bit of hippity hop, but it's not really what you go to Ibiza for.

I don't mind the dance music, but sometimes I need a break from it. Thats where the hip hop comes in.

Soul City in the West End strip, San An - quite a small inimate venue, but the DJs knew their stuff. Was cheap too, although went start of season when it was still relatively quiet.

Obviously you have TwiceasNice at Eden if that's your bag - the only superclub night that caters for the "urban" crowd, but will play more garage and UK scene as opposed to your Lil' Waynes, Jay Zs & other big American artists etc.

Clublands MIGHT be worth a check if you can put up with 90% hard dance music! They had N-Dubz & Tinie Tempah last year.

... But it all honesty, if Hip-Hop is your thing, I would personally look elsewhere than Ibiza.

There isn't much of a scene here for a reason - it's the dance music capital of the world!

Plus, Kavos, Malia, Ayia Napa - these places will cater for your tastes more efficiently.

Even if you love the music at Soul City, spending a whole week there would get seriously tedious, believe.

I hear ya.....but I can't just listen to one type of music the whole time I'm there. Sometimes I need a break from the dance music. I dont intend to spend my two weeks in any ONE spot based on music. I go all over the place. The hip hop for me is a nice reprieve when I've had my fill of dance music...thats all.

Somehow the Ibiza atmosphere doesn't bring to mind Ho's, AK47's, drive by shootings and strange hand signs....
However, there was an Urban Festival event at Atzaro last year.

http://urbaninibiza.com/2010/

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't think Ibiza would be a good idea at all if you want to listen to hip hop! Isn't Ayia Napa more of a hip hop destination!

i don't think Ibiza would be a good idea at all if you want to listen to hip hop! Isn't Ayia Napa more of a hip hop destination!

I hear ya.....but I can't just listen to one type of music the whole time I'm there. Sometimes I need a break from the dance music. I dont intend to spend my two weeks in any ONE spot based on music. I go all over the place. The hip hop for me is a nice reprieve when I've had my fill of dance music...thats all.

Pacha had a room dedicated to Hip-hop. Ibiza is a place for all to enjoy the music that they like. You can get out of Ibiza what you want.

You will have a good time no matter where you go. I like funky house and stick to that for the most part, but I took some friend to Soul city and the west end we had a good time. firefighter you know you just enjoy what you like.

Back