Highlights of your Summer so far....

xxVic-zeexx

I was listening to Kiss this morning and they were asking what peoples highlights of the Summer were, which gave me an idea for a nice little thread :D

For me, two things stand out and one of them is very gay indeeed....:lol:

1. Meeting the BF - Its taken 2 years for meet the one i actually want to be with for....well, ever :D

2. IBIZA - Had to be on the list obviously 8)

Oh god I dont have any :cry: due to lack of money....

On the positive side we are going to a friends wedding in Bordeaux in about 2 weeks - I havent been on holiday since 2009 so even going to the airport (for an hours flight) is getting me excited :lol:

Oh god I dont have any :cry: due to lack of money....

On the positive side we are going to a friends wedding in Bordeaux in about 2 weeks - I havent been on holiday since 2009 so even going to the airport (for an hours flight) is getting me excited :lol:

Any holiday where i have to go to an airport is a massive highlight for me :D
The airport is all part of the fun :lol:

1. My trip to Venice for the opening of the Biennale in June
2. Various concerts (Chemical Bros, Moby, Sting w/ Orchestra, Filter, Gogol Bordello, Seal, Erasure, Empire of the Sun, Maroon 5, Janelle Monae, Linkin Park, Chew Lips, Tesla Boy, Xuman, Blast)

Does April count as the summer? It was the start of the summer for me because it was soooo hot in April & May.

Going to Malaysia for 2 weeks was without a doubt the best start to the summer :D

Glastonbury in June just topped off any festival experience for me. Had THE BEST time ever. Like seriously, EVER!!

Having a more chilled July / August due to lack of funds and sh1t weather! But hoping for a decent September. Got Bestival lined up and a few 30th birthdays :D

1. My trip to Venice for the opening of the Biennale in June
2. Various concerts (Chemical Bros, Moby, Sting w/ Orchestra, Filter, Gogol Bordello, Seal, Erasure, Empire of the Sun, Maroon 5, Janelle Monae, Linkin Park, Chew Lips, Tesla Boy, Xuman, Blast)

How was Empire of the Sun, think I saw an update from you on FB saying they were ok but not as good as expected? Or am I making that up :lol:

How was Empire of the Sun, think I saw an update from you on FB saying they were ok but not as good as expected? Or am I making that up :lol:
Don't worry. That really did happen :lol:
Dancers, costumes, all good as expected. Performance was so-so. Too much pre-recorded. I have a feeling they'd be better with a bigger show on a bigger stage... like a festival or something (they played in a 4000-capacity nightclub)

Don't worry. That really did happen :lol:
Dancers, costumes, all as expected. Performance was so-so. Too much pre-recorded. I have a feeling they'd be better with a bigger show on a bigger stage... like a festival or something (they played in a 4000-capacity nightclub)

My memory is bad sometimes - I forget if I did say or didnt say things :lol:

I think they would be amazing at a festival!! Do they have new material coming out at all? I only have that one album....unless there are more?

Supposedly another album in the works for release this year.
However, the songs I didn't recognize at the concert didn't impress me so I'm worried!

Oooh I have a few ...

1. Ibiza for a week in May for openings (Kerri Chandler at dc10)

2. Park life in Manc (Jamie Jones/Art Dep)

3. Exit festival for my 30th (BEST HOL EVER !!)

4. Not even the end of Aug and got LOADS of stuff to look forward still woohooo ILOVE MY LIFE :):):)

Back