Here is a different thread subject for all you oldies.....

S Express

(from a newbie)

Has anybody ever climed Es Vedra????!.......................I was just wandering if it was possible....guess that its a bit of a major swim but I have heard that there is an ancient cave there - sounded cool. its the kind of thing that I would love to do! Can you get to the top?

Its the kind of crazy stunt that you might pull if you were feeling incredibly hard/mental.......i'll bet some nutter :eek: French guys have done it! They always seem to be the most extreme.

You need to be careful cos there’s a giant squid that lives under the sea and guards Es Vedra. Woe betide anyone who tries to climb her! :p

K said:
You need to be careful cos there’s a giant squid that lives under the sea and guards Es Vedra. Woe betide anyone who tries to climb her! :p

how scarry, think i'll avoid scary sea animals at all costs
animal-smiley-086.gif

the current between ibiza and es vedra can be deceptively strong. i wouldn't advise swimming over to it at all unless you are an olympic triathlete and go with a boat accompanying you :!:

fair one James!
I would probably be left floundering like a kipper!

Still - you would be dubbed "Hardest man in Ibiza" for at least an hour or two!

You can hire little motor powered boats from Cala d'Hort beach opposite Es Vedra, I wouldn't swim as it's a fair way out. And it'll take you a while to climb it, but the view at the top will be good. :)

Isnt Es Vedra privately owned though? I heard there is one farmer who owns all the goats on there and once a year has to go over and remove all but one of the males so that they dont end up fighting to the death to mate.

James heres a question for you... do you know why nobody has organized regular boat trips to es vedra yet? I for one would sure love to get over there and climb to the top... wanna go halves on a boat gecko?

I'd love to go and sit at the top with a few cold beverages, I think I might do so when I'm there in September. When you over Andivokes?

I haven't booked mine yet, still looking for a good deal, I know it'll be September though. :p

do you know why nobody has organized regular boat trips to es vedra yet

i believe it is a natural monument and as such is protected. there are no natural beaches there either - be an insurance nightmare to make trips over there ;-)

oh...only coz some of the others were all having a barney about new folks on the boards posting the same old topics. (I guess that I should have written "gurus" - i am probably in the older crowd on here anyway at the grand old age of 27!)

i figured this might be un-charted territory on here....nobody seems to really talk about the scenery too much. Das all man.

God i am hungover and bored......

mambobirdette said:
How do you actually get to Es Vedra beach???

Cala D'hort mambo....you can hire a boat to go round the rock.

(god i wrote this thread a looong time ago!! - and funnily enough i met a bloke the other day who had indeed climbed to the top!! what a madman!)

Back