Here is a different thread subject for all you oldies.....

I love Es vedra - I once tried to lilo across from Cala D;Hort but got stung by jelly fish!

Just been searching on google and found the following extracts of text:

In the ocean just opposite Cala D’Hort is Es Vedra or Magic Island. You can imagine why it got its name just by looking at it, standing proud in the water like something from The Lost World or King Kong. There is a path that leads to the top of the volcano like hill where Francisco Paul lived and meditated for ten years. Like many of Ibiza’s hidden gems there is a strong atmosphere of mystery about the place. People come to find peace of mind, sanctity or enlightenment; others just come to enjoy the wonderful scenery and great view of the Ibiza coastline.

AND

From Cala Porroig we sailed around to Cala d'Hort, anchored, and took the dinghy out to Es Vedra, a stunning 382m high rock that sits off Ibiza's west coast. Many of the locals are superstitious about it and Carita is as well, which meant she was a bit jumpy the whole trip. In the book, 'Diccionario de los Secretos de Ibiza', Mariano Planell wrote, "The telluric strength of Ibiza and Es Vedra is confirmed by the ancient cults of the god Bes or the goddess Tanit, deity of love, fertility and death, to whom numerous sanctuaries were dedicated. During the last century, the memoirs of the barefoot Carmelite monk, Father Palou, (who lived alone on Es Vedra for years) describe his mystic experiences. Numerous UFO sightings have been recorded in this region".

If UFO's do exist and really have been attracted to it - I wonder why. I heard that there is a lot of magnetism around it - perhaps this is what aliens were driven to.... Many say their crafts are powered by magnetic fields - which is why witnesses say the ships are silent.

Ignore me, I've been reading too many Alien books!

funkster100 said:
I love Es vedra - I once tried to lilo across from Cala D;Hort but got stung by jelly fish!
:eek: :lol: :eek:

1510049.jpg

i remember we dived into the water near es vedra off a boat while the sun was going down in the exact same posistion of that picture,it was mighty cold. :confused:

I swam out to an island (ok large rock) just round the headland from Cala Salada this year.

3 of us went for a wander round the cliffs to the right of Cala Salada and saw this rock, maybe 150 metres, of shore.

I decided I wanted to climb it so I jumped of a the cliff (only 20-30 ft and with the kind assitance of a spanish snorkeller who told me it was safe), swam over (harder than it looked with trainers on) climbed onto the rock (there was an overhang that scratched the sh!t out of me, but I wasn't going back after all that) and then walked to the top of the island.

Then I had to get back, but that's another story... Happy Days :p

If anyone has any idea of the rock I mean or better still has a picture, I'd be grateful.

NITEFLY said:
i remember we dived into the water near es vedra off a boat while the sun was going down in the exact same posistion of that picture,it was mighty cold and my balls haven't been seen since. :confused:

:lol: Now that explains A LOT!!!!

NITEFLY said:
i remember we dived into the water near es vedra off a boat while the sun was going down in the exact same posistion of that picture,it was mighty cold and my balls haven't been seen since. :confused:

:lol: Now that explains A LOT!!!!

Once again Mackie I must prostrate myself at the feet of the only man I know in Christendom who out-perves myself.

All Hail King McLech.

oshay said:
I swam out to an island (ok large rock) just round the headland from Cala Salada this year.

3 of us went for a wander round the cliffs to the right of Cala Salada and saw this rock, maybe 150 metres, of shore.

I decided I wanted to climb it so I jumped of a the cliff (only 20-30 ft and with the kind assitance of a spanish snorkeller who told me it was safe), swam over (harder than it looked with trainers on) climbed onto the rock (there was an overhang that scratched the sh!t out of me, but I wasn't going back after all that) and then walked to the top of the island.

Then I had to get back, but that's another story... Happy Days :p

If anyone has any idea of the rock I mean or better still has a picture, I'd be grateful.
me and my mates did that, although we couldn't be bothered climbing on the rock as we knew we would end up stuck as we were all in bikinis/shorts with bare feet...Cala Salada is one of my fave beaches though 8)

Es vedra is a force not to be reckoned with... it`s a magical place and I truly believe it shouldn`t be and wasn`t meant to be touched. In the early 90`s a close friend of my boyfriend`s died whilst trying to abseil down the rockface. Rumour has it that if the apocolypse ever were to happen, Es Vedra would survive above water. Don`t know how true this is, but is by far my favourite scene to watch a sunset.

Es vedra is a force not to be reckoned with... it`s a magical place and I truly believe it shouldn`t be and wasn`t meant to be touched. In the early 90`s a close friend of my boyfriend`s died whilst trying to abseil down the rockface. Rumour has it that if the apocolypse ever were to happen, Es Vedra would survive above water. Don`t know how true this is, but is by far my favourite scene to watch a sunset.

jesus wept get the crystals out:rolleyes: its a rock!;):)

Back