Help! need guide to clubbin in London

S

space

Me and my mates facny going clubbing in london but we havent got a clue where to start, any help please :D

What kind of music are you into??

Places that I can be found on a regular basis are Ministry, The End, The Cross, Pacha, Turnmills.

When are you thinking of coming to London, I'll let you have listings for whatever night.

space said:
well were into dance,trance,house about 3 weeks time

Well you can't go wrong with Ministry, that's house every Saturday now. Tunrmills is good, the 1st and 3rd Saturdays for funky house (City Loud and what used to be Metrogroove, can't remember what it's called now).

The End has some good line-ups, Dazza Emerson is ther once a month with Underwater.

Pacha London is pretty good every week (Hed Kandi, Kinky Malinki etc) but be warned they can be bit ar$ey on the door, sometimes they don't let groups of all blokes in :rolleyes:

If you want something more trancey, you've got Friday nights at Turnmills and Gatecrasher are every Friday of the month at Heaven.

Basically you're spoilt for choice in London Town, let me know if you need any more info :D

rite say i fancy ministry, where do i start i have no idea where it is and we live near dover

space said:
rite say i fancy ministry, where do i start i have no idea where it is and we live near dover

Ministry is Elephant and Castle, everywhere is really easy to get to on tube in London. Are you planning to get hotel for night or if not the good thing about London clubs is they shut at 7am at the earliest so you can even get train straight home :eek: :p

hmmm we would prob stay in a hotel :eek:
Well elephant and castle aint to hard to find

space said:
hmmm we would prob stay in a hotel :eek:
Well elephant and castle aint to hard to find

Nah it's on either the Northern or Bakerloo line. Will you be getting train up, what overground station will you be coming to??

space, if you speak to meaow on here (if you can find her) she's a Deal bird and comes clubbing in London every other week, she might give you some tips ;)

I come down for Type at The Cross, Seb Fontaine's night, quite a few times a year (also used to go to the Gallery at Turnmills a lot).

Type is the best night i've been to outside of Scotland.

3 rooms of prog, house, breaks etc.

yeah type is good, if you still like your trance try serious at the cross, I used to go all the times and as long as jules ant playing its normally very good, without being over crowded like some nights at the cross.

The cross is still one of my fav clubs :D I'll have to make the effort to get there soon..

Ibiza-girlie said:
Barbie how much are the entrance fees and what is Packa UK like?

£20 on a Saturday on the door.

It's different every Saturday night (one week Hed Kandi, one week Dusted, one week Kinky Malinki etc etc) but all funky house. Generally a good up-for it crowd, a bit more dressy than some clubs and slightly older crowd (ie. no gurning 18 year olds).

Lovely inside as well, all leather seating and nice decor.

so you´d definately recommend the place....how are they on letting people in the club -(ae they just as rediculous as in China white?)

Ibiza-girlie said:
so you´d definately recommend the place....how are they on letting people in the club -(ae they just as rediculous as in China white?)

Yeah it's a nice club, they can be a bit funny about dress but if you are in a mixed-group or couple they are fine. We once saw them turning away groups of blokes when Erick was playing there and only allowing couples in which took the pi$$ and put me off the place a bit but generally it's fine.

Pacha London
is nice, if a bit sniffy (on the door, the punters are cool ) quite a dressy crew, sexy ladyees, quality dancers, decor etc etc. always found it fun if a bit too classy for my more 'underground' taste.

The Cross
similar to Pacha in crowd. dont like this place coz the layout is $hite. wherever you dance you are in the way of someone and get barged about, often this place is too rammed. excellent cab service though and the garden in nice (in the summer!!!)

Ministry
not been since 1994 when they didn't even have a drinks licence so dunno.

The End
possibly my fave. high, high quality sound system, top notch music. Usually on a tech/house electro/techno tip, the also have good prog, d&b etc sessions. Cool security, free water, sml (2.5 glass sized) bottles of champagne for a tenner.

Fabric
similar to the end in style, but bigger. Sat nights are tech/electro/assorted squelchiness. Fri nights (if you are into this kinda ting) are, aparently one of the best breaks/d&b etc nights around. Bar not too expensive.

my 2cents

Ibiza-girlie said:
the end sounds really cool as for turnmills as well!

I prefer The End slightly over Turnmills, just cos The End is nicer club with better layout but both proper dirty underground clubs.

Back