Help! need guide to clubbin in London

Ibiza-girlie said:
nice.....a place where you can wear sandals instead of high heels right ;)

If you want to wear heels, you'll probably see more dressed up people at Pacha and The Cross on certain nights. Turnmills and The End are def more dressed down clubs.

Rustywood, sorry mate, but I really have to disagree with you about the sound system at the End, I think it's awful - but I really am interested in what you say because I am genuinely shocked you think it's the best. I'm not having a go but do you really think it's better than Turnmills, Pacha or the dark room at Ministry for sound??

I have found the End and the Cross just to be loud. Whenever I've been to the End or the Cross I've always got fed up with hearing the room I'm not in as well as the one I am if that makes sense 8)

Well Kang, you pays yer money etc etc etc

I've found Pacha to be just too loud at times, all loudness no sharpness.

Dunno about ministry but the sound at the cross is pretty good even though it stinks as a place to dance.:(

The sound in turnmills is pretty good as i remember. i didn't mention it coz i've never been there when it's "gone off', It always seems to me to have too many observers, not enough participants.

Stand by what i said about the end sound system being really good. Ive always been quite impressed that you can't hear one room from the other, given that they are quite close together and have got no doors between them

cant beat Gallery @ Turnmills...

no hassle getting in... funky room for those who like it well... funky! - and main room for a more full on session, good mixed crowd. (you do get yr @rseholes, but dont you anywhere).

I like the Cross too... but when its rammed, its unbearable.

The End is a nice club, only thing id bitch about are the length of the Q's on the bigger nights...

never been to Pacha, London, so cant make personal comment, although ive had friends go (female ones) to hed kandi, and they didnt enjoy that much - kept getting hassled by blokes on pull alot more than what they do at the gallery...

anyone got any comments on soulheaven and/or defected nights at the ministry?

cheers!

chewie_oo7 said:
I like the Cross too... but when its rammed, its unbearable.

Ditto, I have been in The Cross before when it's been even worse than Cream@Amnesia :rolleyes: you need to pick your nights at The Cross

The End is a nice club, only thing id bitch about are the length of the Q's on the bigger nights...

Always buy tickets in advance for anything at The End, the g/lsit/ticket queue goes down in a 10th of the time.

never been to Pacha, London, so cant make personal comment, although ive had friends go (female ones) to hed kandi, and they didnt enjoy that much - kept getting hassled by blokes on pull alot more than what they do at the gallery...

Really like Pacha but you do get a few sleazeballs there, trying it on with everything in a skirt :rolleyes:

anyone got any comments on soulheaven and/or defected nights at the ministry?

Soul Heaven used to be my fave monthly night in London but now it's gone 3-monthly :cry: You can't fault it tho, the best DJs in the world (Louie, Kenny, Krivit, Humphries, Chandler etc) and a damn good crowd cos it never seems to attract the tourists. Check out the 29th Nov for it's return with Louie playing a 5+ hour set :D Defected is fab, prob my 2nd fave night there, never not had a bad night there, next week is a good one with Dimitri from Paris but unfortunately I'm at Southport but they have the likes of JJ/KC, Bob Sinclar, DJ Gregory, Sandy Rivera etc there regularly.

cheers!

Maybe see you around at any of the above soon :D

Back