HELP - Gutted hol to Ibiza is fecked anyone there from 16th-23 Sept?

EmeraldIsleboy

Just got word this morning that my m8 has been refused time off by his new job for our trip to Ibiza on the 16th September :evil:. And before anyone asks I've asked him to quit, he can't give it up! We have had our flights from Dublin booked and fully paid for ages and a hotel sorted. I'm totally gutted and cheesed off. I want to go but the thought of being in Ibiza not knowing anyone doesnt appeal to me at all. Anyone in a similar position or the like or anyone at all from this site out there between those dates?

As well as that if anyone from Northern or Southern Ireland wants a cheap return flight my friends ticket is fully paid (Aer Lingus flight), only needs to pay for a name change on his ticket he will provide all details.

Help!!

Go Go Go!!! Is this your first time on the island? If it was me Id definitely still go by myself. Theres def ppl on this forum that will be there , me included so if you cant find anyone then come anyway n we'll do it up

http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=52651&page=6

like Marc says, go man, even by yourself, i've been on me jack a few times, and still had a wicked time, the people you meet there already have something in common with you, so it's easier than you think, plus you can do you own thing !! You wont regret it !!

It looks like i'm probably going on my own, but i wont be by myself !!

I'll be around from 14th to 19th coming alone as well if you want to meet at some point I'll be in San Ant ..

Just got word this morning that my m8 has been refused time off by his new job for our trip to Ibiza on the 16th September :evil:. And before anyone asks I've asked him to quit, he can't give it up! We have had our flights from Dublin booked and fully paid for ages and a hotel sorted. I'm totally gutted and cheesed off. I want to go but the thought of being in Ibiza not knowing anyone doesnt appeal to me at all. Anyone in a similar position or the like or anyone at all from this site out there between those dates?

As well as that if anyone from Northern or Southern Ireland wants a cheap return flight my friends ticket is fully paid (Aer Lingus flight), only needs to pay for a name change on his ticket he will provide all details.

Help!!

I'll be in San An from 9/12-23. here's my schedule so far...

9/12 ?
9/13 People from Ibiza @ Amnesia
9/14 Pink Panther/We Love Sundays @ Space
9/15 CircoLoco @ DC10 (hopefully open) + Cocoon @ Amnesia
9/16 tour island/recover
9/17 Made In Italy @ Amnesia OR Garlands Boat Party
9/18 F#$* Me I’m Famous @ Pacha + dinner @ Pacha
9/19 Manumission Closing Party@ Amnesia
9/20 tour island-recover
9/21 ?

You have to be kidding -- GO---- you will have the best holiday of your life! Im going alone as I have several times before and intend to go at least once every year until i die! every time its been mental.

Im there 18th to 22nd. Staying in Figueretas

So you will have several spotlighters to hook up with, thats always a laugh, plus you will meet the people next to you in your hotel straight off. Thats even before you go out.

PLUS you have the whole hotel room paid for and all to yourself

Thanks everyone. My head is melted to be honest don't know what to do, my m8 is gutted more as he feels he has totally let me down. When you look forward to something as much and have been saving for the last 6 months its a kick in the teeth. I've been to Ibiza 5 times before with mixtures of my girlfriend and friends, love the place but I'm not one of these people that can go out and do something like that on their own. I'm a clubber and I can imagine that would be no-fun out, even more so coming back afterwards talking cod**** to yourself :confused:

Flights are paid for but we had a twin hotel room booked but not paid for and no-way I can afford that on my own but I have checked out single rooms.

Honestly head is wrecked.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh goodness you'll be fine!!! I always travel alone because you meet a lot of people that way and can do whatever you want to do. Can you cancel your hotel and rebook a single room?

Yeah Rebecca I can cancel the hotel, just don't like the thought of the rest

Go you feckin ijeet! (You can tell my parents are Irish - check my lingo!)

Seriously. I'm perosnally willing to get some friends to meet you and make it wicked.

Deal?

Go you feckin ijeet! (You can tell my parents are Irish - check my lingo!)

Seriously. I'm perosnally willing to get some friends to meet you and make it wicked.

Deal?

haha thanks Buckley. Its why I posted on here I've been a lurker and viewer on this site for a number of years and know from posts there are a lot of top notch people on it. If it was a case of going away somewhere for a quiet, relaxing sun hol, chilling out by pool/beach all day yes I could sort of get my head around the single thing. But I'm so bloody down as I was going away with someone into the same music, wanted to go to the same nights as I would, is a party head and would end up in a bar watching the football with me for example and you have known and trust them as a friend for a long time. Yet Ibiza is special to me if it was anywhere else I would have been trying to get rid of my flight ticket already. I'm going to have a serious think next week or so

haha thanks Buckley. Its why I posted on here I've been a lurker and viewer on this site for a number of years and know from posts there are a lot of top notch people on it. If it was a case of going away somewhere for a quiet, relaxing sun hol, chilling out by pool/beach all day yes I could sort of get my head around the single thing. But I'm so bloody down as I was going away with someone into the same music, wanted to go to the same nights as I would, is a party head and would end up in a bar watching the football with me for example and you have known and trust them as a friend for a long time. Yet Ibiza is special to me if it was anywhere else I would have been trying to get rid of my flight ticket already. I'm going to have a serious think next week or so

Admittedly, there´s nothing like having the time of your life with a really good long-time friend. But jumping into the unknown (in social terms) has its´own merits.

My offer stands.

Where on the Emerald Isle are you from? My mum´s from Connemara and my dad´s from Limerick!

My offer stands.

Where on the Emerald Isle are you from? My mum´s from Connemara and my dad´s from Limerick!

If you know people out there and they enjoy their clubs and I end up going that would be brilliant. Thank you.

You have got serious Irish blood in you lol I'm from Belfast (got a nice price on the flights hence booked toi fly from Dublin)

If you know people out there and they enjoy their clubs and I end up going that would be brilliant. Thank you.

You have got serious Irish blood in you lol I'm from Belfast (got a nice price on the flights hence booked toi fly from Dublin)

Here mate im gonna be in Ibiza on the 16th my mate also from Dublin is living there for the summer, im flying back on the 17th but im sure it would be cool to hang out with my mate or many others on here, i met some people in Ibiza last year who even travelled alone and they were cool and we all got on fine.

Let me know anyway;)

PS-Try change your flight a day or two earlier cos we are going to the MN2S Closing Party @ El Divino on the 15th:)

PM or post here if you go. You should.

Going there for the 3rd year in a row on my own... - and had the greatest parties with the greatest people ever! ;)

Don't worry! Really! It works! I'm normally not the person who get's in touch easily with "strangers". But it has never been a problem for me on Ibiza...!

U really should go! Don't think too much!

I'm there from the 16th - 25th Sept. by the way... On my own again! :D

Even if I'm not up for watching Football... :lol: Here's my party-schedule:

16th BoraBora Ibiza-Spotlight MeetUp - 5 p.m.

17th Home of La Troya @ Space

18th Danny Tenaglia @ Space

19th Manumission @ Amnesia or PurePacha

20th Matinee @ Space and/or People from Ibiza @ Amnesia

21st We love Space

22nd Cocoon @ Amnesia

If u wanna meet up: just let me know!

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Wot clubs where u thinking of goig to? Me n my gf will be going to the techier ones like Cocoon and Monza and of course DC10 if by any crazy chance its open.I can see how it would be expensive paying for single room. Stop thinking about it n just come! We'll see u there!

I just got a deal for a room at Maritinmo Figuretas £100 for 4nts, try Mitjorn in San Antonio, thats usually good. value, there are laods of good late deals on rooms to be had. If you book directly you can cancel subject to 24 hrs notice for a full refund. You only get stung if you book it via a UK agent.

Back