Hello - Back from LA...

I sooooooo want to go :cry:

Hope you've got ££££ to spend if you do Emma. I took an absolute spanking in Vegas on the cash front and I'm not talking gambling.

Surely these people should underprice things to imitate the previous savings we benefitted from!:lol:

Hope you've got ££££ to spend if you do Emma. I took an absolute spanking in Vegas on the cash front and I'm not talking gambling.

Surely these people should underprice things to imitate the previous savings we benefitted from!:lol:

Id love to do the whole drive thing, we tried to look into it but can be so £££

Its looking likely I'm going to be heading across to S.F. for a couple of weeks at Christmas.

If I do, we'll probably drive down to L.A. to spend Christmas with my brother's friend's family that they always do Christmas with. Will make a nice change from watching the kids open their presents on Skype :D

Hope to go to Disneyland too. And buy lots of Nikes and Records.

(Yeah Morbs I know, we had it good too long:lol:)
Not just you... remember, I get paid in rubles :lol:

Last couple of trips home to the States have involved epic shopping. I think I figured out that, counting the increased weight of our 2 large suitcases, plus the extra 3rd bag, the missus and I brought back 50 kilos of new stuff last January :eek::lol:

Suppose I'll be more careful now that the rub is worth just 34 R/$ as opposed to 28 in December and 24 for most of last year!

2587243540_9088b1b567.jpg

=

??

:lol:

Its looking likely I'm going to be heading across to S.F. for a couple of weeks at Christmas.

If I do, we'll probably drive down to L.A. to spend Christmas with my brother's friend's family that they always do Christmas with. Will make a nice change from watching the kids open their presents on Skype :D

Hope to go to Disneyland too. And buy lots of Nikes and Records.

Is this happening FF? 8)

Or maybe he's already gone?

Glad you had a good trip....btw...Americans CAN do clubbing. It depends on which city. Los Angeles has crappy clubs that close @ 2 a.m., but killer afterhours parties in the hills.

In my opinion I think Miami is the most auspicious destination for clubbing. Party until whenever...it really never stops if you don't want it to.

My city is horrible for clubbing (Chicago). The clubs are full of meatheads that won't dance but will grab you. Scary. Great indie rock scene though.

I've never been clubbing in New York City. Does anyone have an opinion on this????

.....via Seattle and San Francisco!

Things I have learned:

1. What´s going on in baseball. I understand it now. (Obviously for most spectators it appears that what´s going on is hot dogs and beers. Lots of them don´t watch half the game!)

2. The Seattle mascot ´The Mariner´s Moose´is premium quailty. Stompy the Elephant, of the Oakland Athletics, not so.

3. Americans can´t do clubbing. Avalon in L.A. is like Pacha London only much less cool. Any Londoner´s think that was possible?:lol: San Fran´s Ruby Skye is similarly naff.

4. American girls really do love our accents! If I was a single man, I tell ya.....:lol:

5. Katana (sp?) in LA does the best sushi I´ve ever had!

6. I could happily spend the rest of my life cruising Hollwood in a convertible

7. If we understood as well here that tips were a major part of service workers wages we might actually get some decent service.

8. I love America!:D

Eyes down for a week long stag do to Miami in July!8)

Is this happening FF? 8)

Or maybe he's already gone?

No. Its not happening unfortunately. Plans for Christmas in California were put back as my brother and sister in law are expecting a wee girl in March, so we are going to go over in May instead. Couldn't afford two trips so close together.

No. Its not happening unfortunately. Plans for Christmas in California were put back as my brother and sister in law are expecting a wee girl in March, so we are going to go over in May instead. Couldn't afford two trips so close together.

Original trip surpassed by great news then mate. Very glad for the full FF family8)

Yeah cheers buddy, that took the sting out it a little! I was excited about going to Disneyland though :lol:

Maybe next year.

Just back from LA - the Far Away guys put on excellent warehouse parties Downtown. I reckon their guest Young Marco is one of the best DJs around right now.

Back