Hed Kandi live...

Buckley said:
dam0 said:
puppylover said:
x-amount said:
Hed Kandi?

really underground, forward thinking music.

You reckon? I find them bland bland bland.....

i think there was an element of sarcasm in x's post. :lol:

After your incisive and and even handed treatment of IG's wedding quandary Pups, I thought we'd lost you, but I'm pleased with this spectacular return to form. Well done! :lol:

... I'd hate to disappoint Bucks me old mucker!!!

(totally went over my head that one!!!! - sorry x... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )

ill be amongst the first to admit that hed kandi is commercial and has a lot of crap music on its cds and club nights and appears to have sold-out quite some time ago (ive never before seen a record/club website selling advertising space).

nevertheless, that attitude of proper music and the more underground the better is something that i think happened to dance music a few years ago and people were too busy trying to look cool, stroking their chins and discussing what genre a particular record was. a good tune is a good tune (and I know they are rare things on a HK cd).

russ said:
but aint going out clubbing about having fun?

agreed the music is pantz at times but it aint as bad as some make out. what's wrong with a little disco every now and again?

i like their nights coz most people seem to be smiling on the dancefloor. you don't get tooooooo many moody people at their parties either.

as for defected............

But that's the thing - Anyone will tell you - the nights I go to aren't far off HK stuff (AList anyone?!).

It's the HK crowd which pisses me off.

Baby I don't care, where you've been before...

x-amount said:
russ said:

agreed the music is pantz at times but it aint as bad as some make out. what's wrong with a little disco every now and again?

i like their nights coz most people seem to be smiling on the dancefloor. you don't get tooooooo many moody people at their parties either.

But that's the thing - Anyone will tell you - the nights I go to aren't far off HK stuff (AList anyone?!).

I think the choice of venue's (in uk) are partly to blame for the type of crowd you get.

Drew said:
x-amount said:
russ said:

I think the choice of venue's (in uk) are partly to blame for the type of crowd you get.

The only one's I've been are at Pacha.

I'd also like to add here, that this is in no way a slur on the good people that run it, particularly nodding to Matt who I know as being a top, stand-up fella every time I've met him.

And also, let's face it, if I was Mark Doyle, I'd do exactly the same.

It is what it is.

(doesn't stop it being full of some of the scummiest people on this planet haha)

x-amount said:
I'd also like to add here, that this is in no way a slur on the good people that run it, particularly nodding to Matt who I know as being a top, stand-up fella every time I've met him.

(doesn't stop it being full of some of the scummiest people on this planet haha)

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Not sure if that last bit about scummy crowds is in sarcasm or what... But seriously, are you sure???? Maybe my standards are slipping....

x-amount said:
I wouldnt go that far! When was the last time you went down a local town centre of a friday night? Now THATS scummy :lol: :lol: :lol:

matt collins said:
x-amount said:

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Not sure if that last bit about scummy crowds is in sarcasm or what... But seriously, are you sure???? Maybe my standards are slipping....

Haha, yeah was over egging it a bit with "scummiest". You did call it tho, so I'll let you off!

Possibly the least scummiest crowd (at the events I've been to, although that's at Pacha) ever. I like a little bit of scum. Of all the emotions I go through when getting wrecked, Guilt is one which I'd like to save til Monday!

As or the first bit of sarcasm... ;)

Why does it allways come to this Kids. Life is far to short to keep going on about it. If you don't like Kandi, you don't like it. Personally I do. There i have said it. I also like other knids of music and club nights. Nut the best thing about going out is being with my g/f and mates. Just out all enjoying ourselves. Surely that is the Key.

lil' Joey said:
Why does it allways come to this Kids. Life is far to short to keep going on about it. If you don't like Kandi, you don't like it. Personally I do. There i have said it. I also like other knids of music and club nights. Nut the best thing about going out is being with my g/f and mates. Just out all enjoying ourselves. Surely that is the Key.

Always is spelt with just the one 'l' darling!!

Theres also a few typo's in there! :p

:lol: ;)

as something gets more popular. it inevitably gets more peeps who cling on and goto the places to "be seen" cos some mag or paper's written about it etc...

lil' Joey said:
Hear hear! Well said that man :D

mambobirdette said:
[quote="sexki11en]

Hear hear! Well said that man :D

Shhhh!! sam, you dont want to be classed as scummy now do you!!

:lol:[/quote]

she goes to speed garage nights, so yes she is scummy.

:lol:

:eek: I would (hastily) like to clarify I dont "go to" speed garage nights, I went to one once! I didnt know it was speed garage till I got in there and it traumatised me for life :cry: :cry: :cry: :lol:

The only speed garage ive ever heard in a club was at an after party and as soon as paid £10 to go in and said ''what the fook have i come here for'' i came straight back out.

Oh and at a bar in sutton, and i stayed for about 30 mins!! :lol:

Back