Healthcare

I bet you are mate!!

wait until she comes and you spend the next 3 months sleeping with virtually one eye open, ready to jump up at the slightest noise.........and then when there is no noise........your there sticking your head right into the moses basket to make sure she's breathing!!! all good fun dude!!! :lol:

Presumably there will be an "arrival" post??

LMFAO, I'm going to be a right worrier. My younger sis had a little girl four weeks ago and I was "watch you don' squash her" everytime she was passed to someone for a cuddle :lol:. But I can't wait! And yes, I'll post as soon as I can!!:lol:

LMFAO, I'm going to be a right worrier. My younger sis had a little girl four weeks ago and I was "watch you don' squash her" everytime she was passed to someone for a cuddle :lol:. But I can't wait! And yes, I'll post as soon as I can!!:lol:

lol. Talking of squashing babies, if you haven't given it any thought, I could not recommend getting a papoose highly enough. Having your tiny baby cocooned to your body is a remarkable feeling. Made Harvey fall asleep within seconds every time he was in there, it was brilliant.

gl :)

lol. Talking of squashing babies, if you haven't given it any thought, I could not recommend getting a papoose highly enough. Having your tiny baby cocooned to your body is a remarkable feeling. Made Harvey fall asleep within seconds every time he was in there, it was brilliant.

gl :)

I've got one!! I can't wait to use it!8)

The bottles - yes! we got some! any more tips to make my life easier - don't hold back.

Those bottles are brilliant and should be the norm imho.

Get a case load of temazipan off the internet!

Seriously though, I found the sleepless nights the hardest thing ever. I think being physically fit does help to an extent.

Don't follow the text books! We tried doing everything this way for the first few days, drove ourselves round the bend and found nature just takes over and you do things instinctively, making you and baby much happier.

Seriously though, I found the sleepless nights the hardest thing ever. I think being physically fit does help to an extent.

Don't follow the text books! We tried doing everything this way for the first few days, drove ourselves round the bend and found nature just takes over and you do things instinctively, making you and baby much happier.

touche (not on the) temazipan though.

i'ts a huuuuuuuuuuge learning curve, so much to take in and remember, but remember it you do and soon enough you are doing it with your eyes closed.............which helps when you are in the kitchen at 4am mixing the formula, warming the bottle etc etc.:lol:

We've been reading this "contented baby book" but the routines seem contradictory and really difficult. We've pretty much decided to go our own way and find our feet that way.

touche (not on the) temazipan though.

i'ts a huuuuuuuuuuge learning curve, so much to take in and remember, but remember it you do and soon enough you are doing it with your eyes closed.............which helps when you are in the kitchen at 4am mixing the formula, warming the bottle etc etc.:lol:

:lol:

We've been reading this "contented baby book" but the routines seem contradictory and really difficult. We've pretty much decided to go our own way and find our feet that way.

tonnes of people will try and advise you, and sometimes it is a help. But instinct will kick in and you'll be fine. We found the book calle 'what to expect in the first year' a huge help, when we werent sure about something it was a godsend. Try not to worry about it too much.

Nothing prepares you for it, it is like a train hitting you. but it is AMAZING !!! You dont realise you can feel like that about something until he/she arrives. :lol:

books are all good mate and there is useul information in them so they are good for a guideline however no 2 babies are the same so there will be deviations and there will be times when they are spot on. Just try to enjoy the ride and also try to share the duties. eg Even though it used to kill me I would get up and do the night feed midweek as even though she wont be getting up to go to work your missus will not be able to do it 5 nights on the bounce. You may not beleive it but you do actually become accustomed to the sleep deprivation!! The first week is the killer, I remember on I think the 2nd say Naiya was home, it was about 4pm and I looked at the wife still in her pyjamas, me still in my shorts & tshirt and said have you washed today, she hadn't, neither had I, the beds were unmade, washing in the washer, dishes in the sink etc. Had to put an emergency call into the mother in law to come & help out!!! :lol:

I looked at the wife still in her pyjamas, me still in my shorts & tshirt and said have you washed today, she hadn't, neither had I, the beds were unmade, washing in the washer, dishes in the sink etc.

You are Frank Gallagher and ICM 5 pound!:lol:

Back