Haye vs Valuev

Jam Man

Anyone else as intrigued as me by this apparent mis-match?

A cruiserweight stepping up to fight the biggest pro boxer in the world? Madness!! It's not even in the US so no mega money?

1458106216.jpg

Anyone else as intrigued as me by this apparent mis-match?

A cruiserweight stepping up to fight the biggest pro boxer in the world? Madness!! It's not even in the US so no mega money?

1458106216.jpg

This appears to make as much sense as me going cage fighting or wrestling with Purple Aki (who, anyone who knows him, i have just seen again by Piccadilly station!:eek:)

Its bizarre.. i've just watched a sky press confrence but valuev didnt come so they had a huge guy in a cloak and mask with a enterpreuter..lol Rocky VI springs to mind... Still gonna watch it though!!!

Can't wait for Haye to get smashed around the ring. He'll get up far too many times than is good for him as well, which will be enjoyable.

Even after googling I don't get how this choice worked?:lol:

The story was, pop - you got bummed or slash you got PA put on your bum cheeks with his knife. The poor guy who said 'both' - was, according to urban myth, giving his consent & Akers got off with it.

I think this bit is not true.

I did see him today tho....:eek:

can we stop talking about purple aki please

finding he was real was like finding out the moors murderers were still at large and active.....and they lived down the road from your kids.

purple aki = the bogeyman = keyser soze

scary fecker.

can we stop talking about purple aki please

finding he was real was like finding out the moors murderers were still at large and active.....and they lived down the road from your kids.

purple aki = the bogeyman = keyser soze

scary fecker.

:lol:
Sorry dude, forgot about your previous relative proximity to that funny path out the back of the oval. There be dragons. :eek:

Haye has blagged his way into a world title fight without fighting anyone in this division. Fair do though he could have sat on easy street at cruiser weight but prepared to step up and give it a go.

The heavyweight scene needs David Haye or someone to give it some life otherwise we have Valuez and the Klitschkos. I mean David Tua had made a comeback, Holyfield, Oliver McCall (fought last weekend on same bill as his son!), Golota and the likes of big Audrey and Danny Williams fighting so heavyweight scene is poor.

Valuez has fought a 90 year old Holyfield and twice John Ruiz other than that no one. Most people thought Holyfield beat Valuez.

Haye has the speed and power to beat him. Think needs to get on his bike at times and let him chase him round and wear himself out though. Avoid the bear hugs! No one wants 23 on top of them. (I'm sure i've probably had worse!)

As said the heavyweight division needs livening up badly so hopefully Haye can do it. Whatever happens it certainly has caught the public's imagination.

Lennox Lewis used to do it pretty well...

Seriously though, not a great spectacle but I thought Haye boxed smart, landed more decent punches and made Valuev look a bit lumbering and slow.

The 12th glossed it a bit but yes, based on the scoring system I think he deserved it, and Jim Watt showed himself yet again to be an annoying arse.

Back