have a question for the clubbers- glowsticks-

K

ksixty9

being a londerner and not get out as much. what is the crack with all these glow sticks...? is it to do with the club and the music their playing or something else.

guess it's something i can't get my head round...

seanbelfast said:
hit the nail on the head barbie

I can't think of anything worse than having 2 bits of plastic or whatever they are in my hands while I was trying to throw a few moves on the podium lol :rolleyes: :p

Yeh I agree, have you seen those ones on the ends of string that people swing around over their head? Talk about having to keep your distance!!!

Sorry to all you glow stick lovers but I think they make you look silly, there again, I'm not really into hard house and they tend to be associated with Goodgreef, and that sort of thing.

Bit of a no no in Pacha.

House music doesn't have glowsticks and the like because, especially with funky house, there's more of a 'groove' to it. It's much easier to get right into the music. In trance and hard house, there are far more drum beats and synth so much harder to 'get into' the music hence you just follow the beats, it just looks better with glow sticks.

I doubt if he'd appeal to you as he's a hard trance DJ (judging from your post, you like house). He's never in the uk yet all the sets I've listened to are awsome! I'm having to wait until judgement sunday on 13th July until I can see him live :cry:

I hope so. They are more associated with raves and the like, not so much clubbing no? Def a hard house, trance typa thing but annoying nonetheless.

Yeah glowsticks are def. in decline in the U.S. too. I'll admit that I like them and as long as there is room, then people should be able to use them.... I love breaking out glowsticks on strings every now and then.... reminds me of a few years ago.... But usually only at certain clubs/types of music... I probably wouldn't use them unless it was trance or harder house etc....

johnnyvicious035.jpg

I used to use a bit of cyber / candy stuff when I went Cream all the time and the odd Godskitchen. I remember using some at Cream early may when woz off my nutt!

I went Crasher on sat and didnt see much of them there either! (Not as much as I was expecting anyways).

Expect them to turn up at amnesia for Cream, Crasher (if they ever confirm) and Godskitchen do's. Prob be loads of em at Eden for Judgement sundays too.

London mainly has a r&b/ urban and rap scene in my experience so not surprised u aint seen em much down there. The dance scene mainly consists of house and techno as well with little trance methinks -(the next Gatecrasher event with Oaky is the last one at Heaven too!)

As a trance fiend I love the old glowsticks!

BUT - not on strings folks - really don't want to be smacked round the head with them every 5 minutes - VERY VERY annoying.

Then again, if there are enough lasers, strobes etc.... you don't really need glowsticks.

and if you really want to look a complete idiot - take some into Pacha!

Cream on the other hand is a different story.

There were a few guys in Space last year in Sept from Israel, who were fully decked out in all kinds of flashing glowing lights etc. They certainly brightened the place up in the afternoon inside. If they read this, they may put the link up??

Never seen any in Pacha though.

Jonny Litts said:
I doubt if he'd appeal to you as he's a hard trance DJ (judging from your post, you like house). He's never in the uk yet all the sets I've listened to are awsome! I'm having to wait until judgement sunday on 13th July until I can see him live :cry:

I saw Johan Gielan at Tangled in Manchester last year and it was the best night I've ever been to, no contest. Also saw him at Peach last summer as well :D

Re the glowsticks, I think they brighten the place up but I can't stand it when people start waving them really quickly in your face. I never used tham coz I'd just feel silly.

WeLuvIbiza wrote:
There were a few guys in Space last year in Sept from Israel, who were fully decked out in all kinds of flashing glowing lights etc. They certainly brightened the place up in the afternoon inside. If they read this, they may put the link up??
One of these guys from Israel is me :)

And to clear a few things up for anyone who's reading - we do NOT use regular (army) glowsticks such as the infamous so called 'cyber kids' use (usually they're found in the UK, doing their thing in trance & hardhouse parties)... We're much more original and sophisticated than that and mostly use our own home made equipment, which has nothing to do with the chemical lights (=glowsticks) they use, but are more battery-operated supported.

Soon i'll put in this post a few pictures of us when brightning up the night... stay tuned :eek:

WeLuvIbiza wrote:
Never seen any in Pacha though.

We were last year in Pacha as well, on 28/08/02 and 30/08/02... I wonder how u haven't bumped into us in there as well ;)

P.S: I myself am against regular glowsticks use in clubs, especially the ones that r tied to a stick (or alike) and being flipped in mid air!

I agree with....

Tenaglia says.........

"No glow sticks, no cell phones, no nonsense"

Leave them at home! You look ridiculous.

disagree!

If you are going out dancing and are worried about looking ridiculous, then why not find a nice dark quiet corner and dance like a pensioner!

Harsh words, but I come from the early 90's rave generation - It's about release and expression.

My glowsticks, dancing etc...... are not for the benefit of others watching whether they think it is ridiculous or not! It's about a physical interpretation of the music!

Control is nothing

Expression is everything

Freestyle it all the way amigos!!!!!!

3 weeks, 4 days till paradise!!!!!! :twisted:

clubbing has always been about being yourself, dance with a glow stick if u want to, if u dont like it fine, no need to criticize people for doing it

Back