Hardcore ravers 91/92 tune ID HELP!

Robder

files.me.com/robder/vyo8nq.aiff

I've uploaded a file here but can't for the life of me remember the name.

Can anyone help? :eek:

Cheers.

definitely time for the hardcore revival

pretty bored of the whole nu-disco thing now and every 2-bit promoter I know jumping on it.

definitely time for the hardcore revival

pretty bored of the whole nu-disco thing now and every 2-bit promoter I know jumping on it.

I've been quietly celebrating a hardcore revival for the past errr 15 years.

I'd rather the faddy types left it alone tbh.

Fads don't have a place for humour - they take themselves far too seriously.

...if it was done well then at best we'd have an early Grooverider renaissance of dark hardcore which could be cool.

Oh wait - Jungle, Drum n Bass, Hardstep - too late, that bandwagon has already passed.

Three times already. :rolleyes:

I do respect you for that

*FYI - I'm not one of the sheep btw :lol: I earned my hardcore stripes some time back!

I was just jocularly alluding to the fact there's a dearth of DJs at the moment with the guts to go out on a limb - all manner of genres completely shunned, because of the herd mentality. Of course, if Harvey came back from exile and dropped sonz of a loop-da-loop-era or manix then the whole blogoshphere would have a collective orgasm and suddenly every beard in town would be dusting down the glowsticks! :rolleyes:

Fantastic tune. Love a bit of nostalgia every so often.

Best night out I have had was 2 years ago on boxing day at the Arches in Glasgow. Streetrave with Shades Of Rhythm & Bassheads PA along with Jon Mancini djing. Was superb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Universe: Adventures on the pleasure planet 1992

Universe = My fave promoters of all time! 8)

Never beaten for production values. Entire solar systems revolving above your head, stilt walking robots emitting lazers, amazing video screens etc etc. Loved.

I didn't go to Pleasure Planet though...Did you see Sasha and Jo Peng?

Most people were into all the hardcore back then but that set subsequently became a massive collectors item.

Universe = My fave promoters of all time! 8)
Never beaten for production values. Entire solar systems revolving above your head, stilt walking robots emitting lazers, amazing video screens etc etc. Loved.

I didn't go to Pleasure Planet though...Did you see Sasha and Jo Peng?

Most people were into all the hardcore back then but that set subsequently became a massive collectors item.

I was a hardcore head back then so spent my night in that tent. I remember Ratty, Easygroove, Grooverider & MC DJ Ribbz.

:)

Also went to:

Mind, Body & Soul
Big Love
Tribal Gathering (x3)

Venues I remember are Bath, Warminster & Luton Hoo but there was probably more.

Highlight has to be Underworld playing Born Slippy Live. I was having a tough time with work & life but that track, surrounded by good friends melted it all away.

Also remeber Aphex Twin live PA with two giant teddies fighting on stage. :eek:

Oh and LTJ Bukem / MC Conrad at Big Love with the famous
"Turn up the mic and turn up the sound, ya PUSSY!!!" :lol:

I bet they bloody were Russ. :eek:

I've had so many first hand anecdotes from friends about those you lucky bugger.

They used to do squat parties in Shoreditch (before Shoreditch was trendy by any stretch of the imagination)...and they were one of the promotors to do illegal warehouse parties at Royal Goods Yard, Kings Cross (before they went legit => Bagleys/Canvas).

I think they left the UK when the government and their discriminatory CJA KILLED the scene and made corporate clubbing the accepted norm. :cry: They went to India as Desert Storm I think and propped up the Goa scene for a while. Rumour has it that they're back in Europe. (France at the moment I think but may be wrong.)

...but on a Universe note - I LOVED Ribbz - definitely my fave MC - always complimented the music and held a space for the dancers as opposed to the more ego driven ones who reeeally loved the sound of their own voices.

My memory - has to be the main tent at Big Love when Dave Angel closed. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Back