Hardcore ravers 91/92 tune ID HELP!

...but on a Universe note - I LOVED Ribbz - definitely my fave MC - always complimented the music and held a space for the dancers as opposed to the more ego driven ones who reeeally loved the sound of their own voices.

My memory - has to be the main tent at Big Love when Dave Angel closed. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yep, liked Ribbz a lot. He used to just strut around on stage and didn't dominate the music.

At Big Love, we were mostly outside. I distinctly remember us all ripping the piss out of one MC, what the fcuk was his name now?... asian guy with long hair and a big schnoz...?

MC Magika

Yep, liked Ribbz a lot. He used to just strut around on stage and didn't dominate the music.

At Big Love, we were mostly outside. I distinctly remember us all ripping the piss out of one MC, what the fcuk was his name now?... asian guy with long hair and a big schnoz...?

:confused: I actually hated MC Magika with a passion.

"STOP THE MUSIC! I WANT YOU ALL TO HOLD HANDS AND SHOUT, HARDCORE WILL NEVER DIE!" (for the 50 millionth time)

He ruined all my mix tapes and used to annoy the hell out of me. :lol:

:confused: I actually hated MC Magika with a passion.

"STOP THE MUSIC! I WANT YOU ALL TO HOLD HANDS AND SHOUT, HARDCORE WILL NEVER DIE!" (for the 50 millionth time)

He ruined all my mix tapes and used to annoy the hell out of me. :lol:

Nail, head.

Fat, sweaty, mouthy, obnoxious troll...

Altogether now....

"HOW DO YOU FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLL!!!!!"

:spank:

Have recently been trying to get hold of some of the more memorable tracks from the early 90's and unearthed these belters :D

DJ Rap & Aston - Vertigo (Tumbling Remix)

Oooh - seems we do have similar taste...I'm putting together a mix of Robder faves at the mo and decided to put this one on it.

I like the flip side too. 8)

I don't suppose you had that legendary mix tape 'Jody Sublove: Intelligent breakbeat techno' did you?

Oooh - seems we do have similar taste...I'm putting together a mix of Robder faves at the mo and decided to put this one on it.

I like the flip side too. 8)

I don't suppose you had that legendary mix tape 'Jody Sublove: Intelligent breakbeat techno' did you?

Haha, I used to know Jody (albeit through a friend). I can make a few calls if you are looking for it?

Massive at Saturday nights at the Astoria and 'The Breakfast Club' at Busby's underneath it on Sunday morning!8)

I'd give up everything I own for a time machine.......

Yep

This was THE track that I remember from my first rave (see the aforementioned Pleasure Planet post)

Sadly, a time machine really would be the only answer as you just can't recreate times like that..

Haha, I used to know Jody (albeit through a friend). I can make a few calls if you are looking for it?

Aaah thanks - but I had the original tape and have since remastered it.

You may be able to help though (it's a long shot but...) I'm after a decent quality Mp3 of Sublove, 'Underground'.

It shouldn't be too hard to hunt down because Obsession also released it on 'the sound of Obsession' compilation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTuzO-6Yiz0

Any ideas?

Back