Happy International Womens Day lady spotlighters

Robder

8)

(but is this logo for real?) :lol: :lol: :lol:

international_womens_day1.jpg

:lol:

I don't think that's an official logo... :lol:

Women's Day is a big deal out here. We've got the day off 8)

Expensive holiday though... cost me an iPhone, bouquet and (soon) dinner out for the missus. Had to contribute 100 pounds for the office pool to buy flowers and gifts for all the ladies on Friday :!:

I made it clear to the missus when we first started dating that there would be no Valentine's Day and since then she's had no complaints 8)

In fact, I'm still getting mileage from the one time I bought her a V-day present, about 10 years ago :lol: It was a painting by an artist we know. Still hanging in the living room, and she still tells people the story :lol:

Expensive holiday though... cost me an iPhone, bouquet and (soon) dinner out for the missus. Had to contribute 100 pounds for the office pool to buy flowers and gifts for all the ladies on Friday :!:

Kiss ass :lol:

I am principally against Valentine's Day. Plus, as it comes halfway between my wedding anniversary and Women's Day, it's even more superfluous to me.

Women's Day is a different issue. It is inescapable if you live anywhere in the former Soviet Union. You ignore it at your peril :lol:

Are there many Tatiana's in your office, Morbs?

Many years ago when working for a software house in the uk, I used to deal with a few customers in Russia, all the females seemed to be called Tatiana. One in particular would start laughing mid sentence and take two minutes to regain herself. We came to the conclusion she was on the vodka at work!

I don't have statistics but it seems like around 90% of Russian girls you meet have one of 6 names:
Tatiana (aka Tanya)
Olga
Natalia (aka Natasha)
Elena (pronounced Ye-lay-na, aka Lena)
Ekaterina (ye-kat-er-ee-na, aka Katya)
Irina (eer-ree-na, aka Ira)

Common but somewhat less so are Yulia, Anna, Maria (Masha), Daria (Dasha), Alexandra (Sasha), Evgenia (Zhenya), Lyubov (Lyuba) or Lyudmilla (Lyuda, Milla), Larissa, Vera, Valeria (Lera), Valentina (Valya), Antonina (Tonya), Sofia (Sonya) and Ksenia

A quick scan of the female employee list (which I have because of having to organize the festivities last Friday) shows 6 Tatianas out of 76 women :!:

Are there many Tatiana's in your office, Morbs?

Many years ago when working for a software house in the uk, I used to deal with a few customers in Russia, all the females seemed to be called Tatiana. One in particular would start laughing mid sentence and take two minutes to regain herself. We came to the conclusion she was on the vodka at work!

I love Russian girls man.

as a mark of respect for the female gender striving for equality i got my wife a new feather duster and a french maid's outfit.

So far, my wife got flowers and we're heading out to dinner later. I think the gift will be a hairdryer (her request, of course!)

Back