Guilty Secrets (music wise)

a few cd singles I liked at the time and which are now presumably (still) gathering dust at cash converters (bethnal green branch). Basically, tunes which sounded ace after a lot of cider on "student dance night"

possibly the 10 worst dance singles I ever owned:

10. Lisa B - fascinated (aka the sound of a cat being strangled in a discotheque)

9. perplexor - acid folk (bagpipes set to 90s german eurobeat - I $hit you not!)

8. technotronic featuring merlin - this beat is technotronic, this beat is technotronic!!!! there's the dancefloor. GET ON IT!

7. east 17 - deep & mixes (dare I say the original of this was almost balearic?)

6. scooter. MOVE. YOUR. ASS!!!!!

5. Happy Clappers - I Believe! I BELIEVE! I BELIEVE IN LURRRVE!

4. mark morrison - crazy (tin tin out dub) sounded amazing at student dance night decidedly less amazing thereafter

3. bt - flaming june - you may wonder, why is this listed here alongside the euro-cheeze? - well because it represents the kind of music which duped me for years - cheap, derivative, soulless, beatless 13 minute "epic" "house" muzak, and which basically killed my interest in that whole scene in the late 90s

2. legend b - lost in love - I seriously adored this tune for years but again (see above) I grew tired of the frenetic pace, the absence of any personality whatsoever, which characterised so many big european records - what is this - 140bpm or something? it reminds me of good times but another one which has aged extremely badly. Or maybe I'm old?

1. ramirez - el gallinero - turbo-charged 'makina' (euro hardcore production) interrupted only by the occasional sound of a cockerell - thought this was stunning the first time I heard it, but in truth is, it is and always was steaming kak of the highest order.

8. technotronic featuring merlin - this beat is technotronic, this beat is technotronic!!!! there's the dancefloor. GET ON IT!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

im not going to comment about your BT call though......;)

i still love rocking out 2guns & roses when i clean the house......:oops:

1. ramirez - el gallinero - turbo-charged 'makina' (euro hardcore production) interrupted only by the occasional sound of a cockerell - thought this was stunning the first time I heard it, but in truth is, it is and always was steaming kak of the highest order.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I remember this as well !!!!!

buk buk buk buk buk bukaw.

east 17 - deep. what a monster. i love the fact we have spotify, youtube to get a quick hit these days.

mine would have to be eddie halliwell, 'dance' wise. other than that - blink 182 :oops:

bosh.

When I was seven I think it was I got my Mum to buy me on tape D-Ream - Things Can Only Get Better :oops:

2. legend b - lost in love - I seriously adored this tune for years but again (see above) I grew tired of the frenetic pace, the absence of any personality whatsoever, which characterised so many big european records - what is this - 140bpm or something? it reminds me of good times but another one which has aged extremely badly. Or maybe I'm old?

Great tune and hardly a guilty secret. I think the ageing process can make you reflective and you revise your opinion on something as all you are left with is the tune and the memories that go with it fade. Some things have always been sh1t on the other hand. A fine line admittedly!

The first tune I ever bought was Paul Hardcastle - 19, can never make up my mind on that one.

a few cd singles I liked at the time and which are now presumably (still) gathering dust at cash converters (bethnal green branch). Basically, tunes which sounded ace after a lot of cider on "student dance night"

possibly the 10 worst dance singles I ever owned:

10. Lisa B - fascinated (aka the sound of a cat being strangled in a discotheque)

9. perplexor - acid folk (bagpipes set to 90s german eurobeat - I $hit you not!)

7. east 17 - deep & mixes (dare I say the original of this was almost balearic?)

6. scooter. MOVE. YOUR. ASS!!!!!

5. Happy Clappers - I Believe! I BELIEVE! I BELIEVE IN LURRRVE!

4. mark morrison - crazy (tin tin out dub) sounded amazing at student dance night decidedly less amazing thereafter

3. bt - flaming june - you may wonder, why is this listed here alongside the euro-cheeze? - well because it represents the kind of music which duped me for years - cheap, derivative, soulless, beatless 13 minute "epic" "house" muzak, and which basically killed my interest in that whole scene in the late 90s

I forgot to say I adore(d) this little treasure as well... what about FCUK THE MILLENIUM!!! :lol: :lol:

When I was seven I think it was I got my Mum to buy me on tape D-Ream - Things Can Only Get Better :oops:

d:ream - jesus, yes!

they came to my university to do a show in 94 but because they only had 2 big hits, the gig was a bit :oops: and they were reduced to repeating them to fill the time!

the sure is pure mix of "I like it" was a first class track though and I still play it - very underrated!

This thread is showing everyone's age...you bought D:ream when you were seven and you're embarrassed about it? :D - well to be fair I don't blame you. :lol:

...but it was massive years before it went in the charts (and before the vomitatious new labour cash in)...

It was on the Universe Global Dance Party video and everything! (along with U R the best thing) - so D:ream were actually quite cool once. :confused:

Scooter though?! Trying to guess your age now. You must've missed hardcore rave and gabber because Scooter started releasing their stuff when Dougal and Vibes had bonked themselves into a retirement! (and that's post happy hardcore)...so you must be errrrrrr 25?

I forgot to say I adore(d) this little treasure as well... what about FCUK THE MILLENIUM!!! :lol: :lol:

You just broke a memory - so on a completely unrelated note... :confused: :lol:

Did I ever respond to your message about yoga Meryl? :eek:

God I'm booooooooored...clearly bought the wrong ticket for Fabric. Can't go till 23h00 so drinking cheap wine like it's water and playing tag with the PS3 and household chores. Is it time to go out and play yet? :cry:

scooter have been going for about 15 years.

I seem to recall seminal scooter tracks like "hyper hyper" and "friends" being ubiquitous features on spanish radio when I was over there in the summer holidays in 94

I've never entirely understood the scooter phenemonon - in the early days I always assumed they appealed to german teenagers on speed, but more recently they've had massive (and inexplicable) UK chart success

scooter have been going for about 15 years.

I seem to recall seminal scooter tracks like "hyper hyper" and "friends" being ubiquitous features on spanish radio when I was over there in the summer holidays in 94

I've never entirely understood the scooter phenemonon - in the early days I always assumed they appealed to german teenagers on speed, but more recently they've had massive (and inexplicable) UK chart success

Never underestimate the powers that a Vauxhall Corsa and KFC diet can have on an impressionable yoof..

:lol:

By the Christ. I still have this piece of sh*t lurking upstairs in the attic somewhere. I think it's in the same box as a couple of 'Clock' singles, Doop and a terrible dancey rehash of 'Zombie' by The Cranberries.

Back