Grooverider gets banged up

it's Dubai

the jail is probably the only 4 star hotel in the area
:lol:
"Jail... For those visiting Dubai on a budget"

To be fair to the UAE, the guy blatantly broke the law. No one could be stupid enough to think that it's legal to arrive with drugs in an Islamic country, even one as comparatively moderate and forward-thinking as Dubai. Heck, it's not legal to arrive with drugs in most countries!

As for the length of sentence, keep in mind he was nicked for importing weed, not just possession. I wouldn't be surprised if many Western countries have similar penalties. 4 years for trafficking drugs across borders is not as draconian as everyone's making it out to be.

Whether or not he had a little or a lot of weed, or you think weed should be legal, or you only get 4 weeks in jail in the UK for manslaughter, or whatever else is irrelevant!

My personal favourite bit of this thread.

nevertheless darling, you're more twit than wit.

:lol:

Back to the matter in hand tho...Grooverider used to be my fave dj in about 91! (when I was a schoolboy raver!) 8)

He was so influential in his day - one of the first to bring a really evil dark sound to rave music which would later branch out into a diluted form aka 'Jungle'.

I'd even argue that some of those harsh sounding hoovery trade sounds you hear could be traced back to him. :-( I think we should campaign to get him freed. :cry:

Back