Great Films you've watched ....

Watched "Brotherhood" last night - a Korean film made in 2004 focusing on the war in 1950.

Amazingly powerful film. I'm not a huge film lover, especially when it comes to war films! But this gripped me from the start, and had me in tears at the end!!

I really, really recommend it. £3 from HMV - go get it!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taegukgi_(film)

Some reviews here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-rev...ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addFiveStar

I have that on DVD. Its great, just. Subtitles! Arrrrr!!! But to watch it in English would really make it lose from the movie.

Here is a list of films I want to watch..

1. Requiem for a Dream

2. The Machinest

3. Kontroll

4. The Hole

5. The Science of Sleep

6. Hable Con Ella

7. As is into the Wilkd

8. Riri Shushu No Subete

9. Drugstore Cowboy – 1989

10. El Mariachi - 1992

11. Shawdows – 1959

12. THX-1138 (1971)

13. A Story of Two Humans – 1927 FW Murnae

I'm a big fan of the Studio Ghibli films, e.g. spirited away, howls moving castle.. just downloaded and watched the new one, Ponyo which is cute as hell.

Have the Godfather boxset but STILL not got round to watching it :oops:

Zabtron: I absolutely can not stand those films.
But, regardless. I don't know if the same company or style or, what ever it's called makes the following titles but never the less you might also enjoy Wings of Honeiamise (I think that's how you spell it.) and also maybe Porko Rosso.

Sirens: Requirem for a dream is good, especially if you watch it with a stripper.
El Mariachi is also good.

Jus saw Berlin Calling. Will be of interest to anyone who's into clubbing / techno / berlin. Has some great footage from in some of the clubs including the infamous Bar 25 afterhours club on the river. Story wise its not amazing and a little cheesey in places but some bits seem very authentic and well done. The lead is played by Techno producer/dj Paul Kalkebrenner so theres footage of him in character playing at a festival etc all for real. you can tell he knows his way roud narcotics too. Had to order it on dvd from germany. worth a watch if you can get hold of it , can imagine it would be great on a cinema soundsystem.

Minimarc: I can do 1 better than a cinema sound system ;)
Is it in German? Forgive me for being Dj cliche but, I love movies like that.

Thommo: The guy in Ong Bak is like, the Jet Li of Muay Thai. That's such a great action movie. It's got that really old style story/theme that ALWAYS works, with that old school fighting meets new school choreography and special effects.

Best part is that fire kick and the bar scene. THATS a ****ing fight!

yeah its in german , the dvd has subtitles. what i meant was id love to see it in the cinema with the surround sound etc but yeah any big soundsystem im sure would add to the feel of it

I like Eraserhead by David Lynch its got to be the weirdest film ever totally freaks me out makes me just feel weird all over lol I'd love to discuss this film with someone but nobody has seen it

i watch so many films i think i have a problem: a random selection of new and old

Goonies
Closer
Tell no one
Man On Fire
Carlitos way
*REC
Darjeeling limited
a year in tibet
The Pianist
Fandango
In Bruges

Saw that recently- best horror I've seen in years! Far, FAR superior to the American remake called Quarantine.

Fims

Napoleon Dynamite
Shine
Dusk til dawn
Thir13en Ghost
The life of David Gale

I enjoyed most of films here on the list these are a few I enjoyed among many.

13 ghosts is good, Napoleon Dynamite. Thats my nap time movie. It bores me so much it puts me to sleep. But in a good way.

Goonies I can't stand either. But, the film clip for the goonies song (which sucks to) which has Cyndi Lauper in it is cool cos it has heaps of old school wrestlers.

Does anyone like Star Ship Troopers orrrrrrrr am I about to use this face? :oops:

Back