Great Britain RIP

Just in case it wasn't clear - the car was mentioned as an example of modest consumption, to be extrapolated to other consumer products as well...

This may well be the case but despite the Peugeot we're still fukced!

Too many babies being born, too much damage to the planet, overspending, bad distribution of wealth, threats of another Tori government and (eek) Sarah Palin.

Something's got to give, and this system, precious as it is when looking at your (sorry our) lot can't sustain itself through moderations like choosing a cheaper and more fuel efficient car.

Too many babies? not in europe, birth rate is falling, particularly in the UK.

Where the birth rate is huge is in developing countries. Those without the "system" you talk about.

Overspending has happened, the recession has put that to bed. You can't get credit unless your **** smells of diamonds. An example of how the "system" self regulates at times?

However, the threat of a Tory government, 100% with you on this one. :lol:

There won't be riots in the streets in the UK if the economy got too bad, I don't think people would bother (apart from the usual rent a mob protestors) we'll all be too busy growing veg in the greenhouse or making home brew. :lol:

I don't think the UK will ever turn into a Somalia or an Albania because of the economy. I think the "system" will continue to adapt and supply and demand will adjust, but wealth and opportunities will continue to be created.

However,I am stockpiling speedboats and RPGs just in case.

the crux of it ultimately is simply too many people on the planet - we unfortunately need more disasters, catastrophes, conflicts in addition to condoms as mechanisms of population control.

rumour RBS board have just walked...

as an aside, a friend at a large US investment bank said his boss is already looking at moving their desk to NY... after Darling's recent tax announcement.

rumour RBS board have just walked...

as an aside, a friend at a large US investment bank said his boss is already looking at moving their desk to NY... after Darling's recent tax announcement.

that's exactly it - whilst populist tax hikes might appease public opinion, they don't look so clever when the rich just shoot off elsewhere... as we saw in the 70s.

The Tories on the otherhand will dish out tax breaks to their wealthy cronies??

get over the Class/Eton/Public School/Toff/Tory stereotypes.

If thats the best strategy Labour have have, it certainly shows them up to be a pathetic bunch who are incapable of admitting their own failures.

We're now told, that the govt can make efficiency savings of £12bn a year.

As Vince Cable said "If the government knew there was inefficiency, why hasn't the government already dealt with it?"

Always too little too late, a reactionary bunch of clueless tossers in charge, who've gone from one mess to another, ever since Teflon Tony slipped out of the side door.

I couldnt give a flying rats arse what background the people in charge are from, so long as they can do a job and deliver on what they can realistically promise.

:p ner.

I find Osborne quite slimy but then I also find Mandelson equally slimy

and they are both privileged as are much of the Labour side - many of whom went to top schools like Harman

so this line of attack is breathtakingly hypocritical

there is plenty of scope to attack the tories on policy grounds but this is pretty desperate stuff...

I personally am praying for a hung parliament so the liberals can suddenly demand a fair voting system in exchange for their support... the idea of either Lab or Con getting in AGAIN is pretty depressing for independents like myself...

I find Osborne quite slimy but then I also find Mandelson equally slimy

and they are both privileged as are much of the Labour side - many of whom went to top schools like Harman

so this line of attack is breathtakingly hypocritical

there is plenty of scope to attack the tories on policy grounds but this is pretty desperate stuff...

and you wonder why people are turning away from Labour and end up voting for everyone else, the BNP included.

Every week in PMQs - It's the Tories who opposed this that and the other... correct me if im wrong, but isnt that the job of the Opposition to point out the things the Govt is making a complete bollocks of?

get over the Class/Eton/Public School/Toff/Tory stereotypes.

If thats the best strategy Labour have have, it certainly shows them up to be a pathetic bunch who are incapable of admitting their own failures.

We're now told, that the govt can make efficiency savings of £12bn a year.

As Vince Cable said "If the government knew there was inefficiency, why hasn't the government already dealt with it?"

Always too little too late, a reactionary bunch of clueless tossers in charge, who've gone from one mess to another, ever since Teflon Tony slipped out of the side door.

I couldnt give a flying rats arse what background the people in charge are from, so long as they can do a job and deliver on what they can realistically promise.

:p ner.

Get over the fact that the Tories are, and always will be, sucking the cock of the rich.

You're a mug if you fall for Camerons everyman bull****.

I have no axe to grind with those born into wealth, but the level of privilege and up bringing of johnston, cameron, osbourne, goldsmith leaves them compeltely out of touch with the experiences the rest of us face. And therefiore I don't trust their judgement on issues such as education and employment, for example.

I'm aware that Labour have many faults, however you ride the wave of popular opinion in the naive hope that the Bullingdon boys will sort it all out.

Yup - they're all a pack of (unts.

Get the greens in (even then I don't hold out much hope) or abolish party politics forever.

Until there's a system that thinks in terms of seven generations instead of four years then I'll be spoiling my ballot paper.

I have no axe to grind with those born into wealth.

but the level of privilege and up bringing of johnston, cameron, osbourne, goldsmith leaves them compeltely out of touch with the experiences the rest of us face

:lol:

Brown hardly went to Grange Hill, did he?!

And I don't think Cameron's really playing the Everyman card. I quite like his resolute refusal to get drawn into the whole posho thing.

I actually don't mind DC himsellf, but I'm, hwo can I say, scared to see what the tories will do to public services. Would give anything to see the Lib Dems have a go, it's just a shame that this is the choice we get.

We don't even get the comedy potential of Berlusconi :(

Get over the fact that the Tories are, and always will be, sucking the cock of the rich.

You're a mug if you fall for Camerons everyman bull****.

I have no axe to grind with those born into wealth, but the level of privilege and up bringing of johnston, cameron, osbourne, goldsmith leaves them compeltely out of touch with the experiences the rest of us face. And therefiore I don't trust their judgement on issues such as education and employment, for example.

I'm aware that Labour have many faults, however you ride the wave of popular opinion in the naive hope that the Bullingdon boys will sort it all out.

so, everyone born into 'wealth' who goes to public school, is really out of touch with reality...

:lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...-Balls-went--Sorry-Gordon-class-war-over.html

ok, the link maybe from the Mail, but facts are there...

so, everyone born into 'wealth' who goes to public school, is really out of touch with reality...

QUOTE]

I did not say this you muppet.

Cameron, got his first job by getting a buckingham palace head of staff to write on his behalf, he got his second through strings pulled by his baroness mother in law.

This is a different world to the local public school.

How anyone can refute the "Old Boys network" at play when goldsmith, johnson, osbourne and cameron all practically grew up together, despite cameron trying to ban the photos, puzzles me. :confused:

I'll say it again - Labour are total hypocrites and only too happy to embrace the rich and powerful when it suits them - eg shaun woodward when he crossed the floor (and got promoted to cabinet!)

agreed with Dan X re: liberals - a shame they stand no chance under the current system... could also do with some more heavyweights in their ranks.

I did not say this you muppet.

Cameron, got his first job by getting a buckingham palace head of staff to write on his behalf, he got his second through strings pulled by his baroness mother in law.

This is a different world to the local public school.

How anyone can refute the "Old Boys network" at play when goldsmith, johnson, osbourne and cameron all practically grew up together, despite cameron trying to ban the photos, puzzles me. :confused:

so you've never pulled a favour or two... or have a stash of embarassing photos involving you and your mates...

tis no biggie. ;):lol:

Back