Got laid off! A sign???....

nish

Got laid off today!
Kinda thinkin it may be a sign to move to Ibiza :D (nice excuse anyways) for the summer but dont reckon I'll have enough cash! :cry: Anyone of u lot worked out there before? How much wonga dya think ill need to take? :?:

Cheers

:)

nish said:
Got laid off today!
Kinda thinkin it may be a sign to move to Ibiza :D (nice excuse anyways) for the summer but dont reckon I'll have enough cash! :cry: Anyone of u lot worked out there before? How much wonga dya think ill need to take? :?:

Cheers

:)

Sorry to hear that; I've never worked in ibiza before but I fell for you.

Consider the following categories when you create your summer budget:

Total number of nights:
Lodging: price per week/month
Entertainment:
Food:
Bus, Cab, etc:
Shopping:
Inicidental:
optional - vehicle rental:

ye, im gonna look around for cheap apartments mate, not sure how long im gonna be there for- until the money runs out I guess! Its just accomodation thats worryin me, if I get a job with a couple of decent clubs Ill be sorted for entry to clubs (which is wot most of my cash goes on!) As for eatin- lol, as if.

I think apart from Vegas, Ibiza is the once place that will eat your cash quicktime!

nish said:
ye, im gonna look around for cheap apartments mate, not sure how long im gonna be there for- until the money runs out I guess! Its just accomodation thats worryin me, if I get a job with a couple of decent clubs Ill be sorted for entry to clubs (which is wot most of my cash goes on!) As for eatin- lol, as if.

I think apart from Vegas, Ibiza is the once place that will eat your cash quicktime!

Now is a good time to see if you can get a summer job sorted out in Ibiza. I remember last summer withdrawing cash from the ATM and a few days later I look at my friend and we're both like -- how did all that cash disappear so fast.

Ye, all the american people I speak to spend thousands on a flight! Then go through so much when they're over there! A couple of american lads I met at Pacha last year decided to go all out - they were stayin at Ocean Drive! Must of cost a fortune!

sorry to hear that nish
i was planning on jacking in my job (for different reasons)
and wanted to go work out in ibiza for 3 months to work
now the plans gone full circle and am going for 3 weeks to party, after joining this site and reading/watching diff things in ibiza it just didn't appeal to me anymore
i say go out for a GOOD time and forget the job bus, come back with a whole new outlook!
good luck anyways

Funny u should mention that kling. Im interested in this work placement thing someone mentioned -But would LOVE to travel round europe though. If I can get enough cash to do Ibiza for a week in August and travel round europe im more likely to do that. -I do change my mind every fookin minute but this plan appeals to me the most :)

sounds like a good plan to me
getting a job in ibiza all summer isn't as glam as it sounds

travel party and enjoy nish! much much much better

Ye, if I went out there in June with the intention of workin id prob spend all my cash in the first week gettin shit-faced and ravin ma box off anyway! lol

Now ive gotta get some info bout europe! Sta-Travel posted me something the other day which looks good, havent had time to look at it yet but I havent heard anyone say a bad thing about them.

lol. My mate called me from Ibiza today, she woke me up to tell me how hot it woz! Evil!!!! Talk about rubbin it in!

If you are going out to work then all you need is a month's or 2 months rent and some money for food. don't believe all this £2500 crap.
2 months rent in a hostel is about £400
If you are inteligent enuff then you can find a good job and get into the clubs for free.
BUT DON'T FOR ONE MINUTE THINK LIFE IS GOING TO BE EASY
work in ibiza can be hard but at the same time fun
instead of being surrounded by usual miserable english u'll be surrounded by people on holiday yay.
If you are clever you'll be ok if your looking for an easy ride then you will struggle and probably come home early as you can't afford to stay.
WORK HARD AND ENJOY IT AS WHEN YOU LEAVE YOU WILL WISH YOU NEVER DID

I have worked in spain and my GF worked in Ibiza
There is a hostel in Ibiza town that is quite cheap my Gf stayed there its about £20 a night its near the ambulance station on the main road to ibiza town next to the launderette she can't remember the name and its a small bedsit very basic. Also if you go to monroes in figuerettas they have the sud apartments from around 20 - 30 euros a night and they are basic but clean and in a nice location. The owners are two very nice gay females called mel and phil there number is 0034971392541.
they might also have jobs as long as you don't mind working in a prominant gay bar although the apartments welcome all sexualities.
there are probably loads more place but you need to sort things out early b4 everything go'es.

some places will let you rent a room for about £400 for 2 months if u get there early and pay the rent up front in either a hostel or apt block.
For that price then yes you would probaly get something a little bigger than cardboard box.

Back