Good car hire

used carjet a couple of times and then doyouspain a few times.........never had a bad experience once.

no hidden charges (it clearly states what the extras are when you book)

the last two times with doyouspain, i was even able to change the car rental firm from hiper-rent to centauro, because i didn't want to have to get a bus over the road and preferred just getting the car from the multi storey in walking distance.

centauro lost their contract at the airport though, so they bus you to a place not far from the airport.

also, always hear bad thing about hiper-rent, but in 4 or 5 times using them, always found them helpful and fair, albeit they could maybe do with another person at times.

Sorry Grego,

Don't want to be picky, but Doyouspain do not advertise the fact that you have to pay for fuel when you book with them.

Its only when they send you the confirmation e-mail of the booking that this charge is mentioned along with the other charges.

I had to pay €65 for a fuel charge with them and a €10 parking charge as I picked the car up in the airport.

Although I found their service good overall, I just did not appreciate the clever maneuvering of their contract. The goalposts did move with them from the time I booked to the time I received the confirmation e-mail.

Once a car rental company employs that type of marketing, I find through experience, that if anything goes wrong, they usually have you over a barrel with clauses buried in the contract somewhere.

Sorry Grego,

Don't want to be picky, but Doyouspain do not advertise the fact that you have to pay for fuel when you book with them.

Its only when they send you the confirmation e-mail of the booking that this charge is mentioned along with the other charges.

I had to pay €65 for a fuel charge with them and a €10 parking charge as I picked the car up in the airport.

Although I found their service good overall, I just did not appreciate the clever maneuvering of their contract. The goalposts did move with them from the time I booked to the time I received the confirmation e-mail.

Once a car rental company employs that type of marketing, I find through experience, that if anything goes wrong, they usually have you over a barrel with clauses buried in the contract somewhere.

sorry, but if you look at doyouspain website it clearly states that you have to pay for fuel, do you not read the terms and conditions??

I picked my car up at the airport the last two years and ive never been asked to pay a parking charge, i have looked at both of my confirmations for this year and none mention a collection charge (and im picking mine up from the airport) unless of course your arriving during the middle of the night where they charge 20 euros which again is mentioned in the terms and conditions. (see below excerpts from their website):)

"Fuel Fuel used during the rental is not included in the price.
In some locations vehicles are supplied with a full tank of petrol and should be returned empty. In this case you will be asked to pay for the fuel at the beginning of the rental and remember to return the car as empty as possible as the value of any unused fuel will not be returned. The value of the fuel depends on the model and ranges approximately between EUR 38 to EUR 90. (£25 - £61). With this petrol policy (full/empty) there is no need for checking vehicles at the end of the rental, just park the car and go directly to catch your flight without wasting any time at airport car park. This is especially handy for drivers like me arriving just in time for the check-in. For a rental length up to 3 days you can ask our representative to return it full so you do not have to pay for the full tank of petrol. In other locations vehicles are supplied with a full tank of fuel but with the difference that you can return it full (full/full) so you do not get charged for the petrol. With this option you need to fill up the fuel tank in a Spanish petrol station nearly at the end of your rental. Please also bear in mind that you need to return the car a bit before departure as our representative needs to check the fuel tank to see that it has been returned with the same amount of petrol as it was taken. Once you make the booking a voucher is sent via email with all the information you need such as fuel information, contact telephone numbers, vehicle collection details and payment details for your convenience.
Our fuelling policy will be clearly stated on the voucher. Please note that if you change these arrangements locally we will not be able to assist you in claiming fuel refunds. Thank you...."

Deliveries and Collections The collection of the car couldn’t be easier. All our suppliers are well-established car hire companies in Spain operating with offices at the airport.

Collections and deliveries are Free of charge. The cost of Night Time deliveries depends on the location. In most cases they are Free but some have a small charge. If you are planning to pick up the car at night, please check the conditions when asking for a Quick Quote on our website or send us and email to: info@DoYouSpain.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies Grego.

It seems I did NOT read the terms and conditions correctly.

I stand corrected.

I must look a soft touch, because I swallowed the excuse of them charging me a €10 parking fee! This did happen.

Sorry Grego,

well the response below is there to read..........i also find it bizarre that you had a problem paying this fuel charge.

did you expect to get your petrol for free??!!

^^ that's what I was thinking.
Either you pay when you pick up, or you pay at the pump and return with a full tank. Either way, you pay somewhere. Usually, what they charge is about in line with the street cost of petrol too.

No, I expected a full tank of fuel in the car, and then when I returned it, I would fill it to full again at the local petrol station.

This is how I have rented cars elsewhere.

It was the first time that I ever came across this method of Fuel charge, and as I did not read the T&C correctly, I was not expecting it.

my one tip for car hire if you have to fill the tank up before returning to the airport dont use the garage on the road to the airport - its a lot more expensive than other places on the Island.

2 years ago we had to do just that with the car and we filled it up - bearing in mind we had been getting petrol from all over the island during our 2 week stay and it was about 25% more from that particular garage.... than elsewhere on the Island....:spank:

Back