Gone In 2004

russ

Following Michael24's post

Some questions for 2004

Pacha
Can they patch up their differences with Hed Kandi. It would be the party of the season if they could?
Is Roger getting a little stale on Monday nights?
Will they continue to promote Friday nights in-house. Why bother paying a promoter when they can fill the place anyway?
Are the Underwater punters the kind of crowd Pacha want?

Space
Can they sort the sound out on the terrace and stay within the law? The sound there was unforgivably bad sometimes this year.
Will they kill the terrace by making that bar at the back of the terrace steps high up into a VIP area?
Can Steve Lawler do it for another year?
How much better will Carl Cox get?

Wotchafink?

good post.

n8 said in an earlier post that pacha are going to have weekends as in house, and leave monday thru to thursday to foreign promoters. This means that one night has to go......and def mix is on a sat.

i pesonally do not think underwater will be back next year. although they had some great djs, the night never really took off, it was never rammed say like subliminal was.

space need to decide what they are going to do about the sound, are they going to keep as a terrace and be restricted to a sound level or are they going to 'en-case' the terrace and turn the volume up.

the vip is a big NO-NO!!!!!

rustywoo said:
Following Michael24's post

Some questions for 2004

Pacha
Can they patch up their differences with Hed Kandi. It would be the party of the season if they could?
Is Roger getting a little stale on Monday nights?
Will they continue to promote Friday nights in-house. Why bother paying a promoter when they can fill the place anyway?
Are the Underwater punters the kind of crowd Pacha want?

Space
Can they sort the sound out on the terrace and stay within the law? The sound there was unforgivably bad sometimes this year.
Will they kill the terrace by making that bar at the back of the terrace steps high up into a VIP area?
Can Steve Lawler do it for another year?
How much better will Carl Cox get?

Wotchafink?

Had Kandi should stay at El divini, it suts it perfectly. I'd hate it to be at pacha, i really didnt like pacha as a club this year.

I thought Roger was boring on a Monday this year.

Think Lawlers had his turn.

Don't all shoot me .. but, I didn't really rate Pacha as a club ... well, that's untrue, it's a lovely club, BUT there are lots of other lovely clubs .. it wasn't particularly "special" for me !

*Saffy* said:
Don't all shoot me .. but, I didn't really rate Pacha as a club ... well, that's untrue, it's a lovely club, BUT there are lots of other lovely clubs .. it wasn't particularly "special" for me !

I think Pacha is a lovely club but I sometimes find you get loads of tits there :rolleyes: people who are there cos it's Pacha and haven't got a clue who is actually playing :rolleyes:

Yeah .. there were quite a few tits there when I went .. far too many women in my opinion !! hehe .. Sorry ..

Barbie said:
I think Pacha is a lovely club but I sometimes find you get loads of tits there :rolleyes: people who are there cos it's Pacha and haven't got a clue who is actually playing :rolleyes:

I think you are right in some way, Babs.

Anna said:

Lol, for once I speak sense :p

I just think the atmosphere never goes off in Pacha in the way it does in Space say, cos you've got people wandering around, having conversations on the dancefloor, etc :rolleyes:

Yep! Conversations on the dance floor .. that's it ! Damn annoying !

Barbie said:
Anna said:

I just think the atmosphere never goes off in Pacha in the way it does in Space say, cos you've got people wandering around, having conversations on the dancefloor, etc :rolleyes:

Nail,head hit.

Everyone is just always walking around, and the main dancefloor is too small....its lovely to look at, and explore but not a good club to really "ave it to" if you see what i mean.....

Is easy to fall into the trap though, i ended up on the terrace or in the funky room loads of times this year talking to randoms or meeting people i knew and gossiping....

Barbie said:

I think Pacha is a nice club, but atmosphere.. you feel yourself outside. May be it´s just me, but I think in other clubs dance floor as a one big crowd in Pacha is more like small tight groups.

Anyway going back to Rustys original question, the only 2 nights I would say will definitely be back at Pacha next year are Subliminal and Pure Pacha (or whatever they'll call it next year).

People seem to be getting a bit tired of Roger S, and esp now that DC10 is open later and then people are prefering to do the Pin-Up thing afterwards.

I can't see Underwater been back there, I have fab nights both times I went and the line-ups were fab, but at end of day it was never that busy, I think it was brave move on part of Dazza Emerson to go solo but outside of UK Underwater isn't such a recognised name as say Subliminal or Ministry and he was always going to have probs getting the people in.

Whether Ministry is back or not will be interesting, they weren't there as such this year as Pacha had bought name, I can't see them wanting to do Thursdays in their right so it's whether they sell the Ministry name to Pacha agin or bow out of Pacha completely or go elsewhere.

Who knows, maybe somebody/something new will pop up and take us all by surprise. Would love to see Soul Heaven at Pacha with the likes of Louie, Kenny, Krivit etc.

Off subject but did anyone ever find outif MAW went down well/was busy at Pinup?

N8 said:
Off subject but did anyone ever find outif MAW went down well/was busy at Pinup?

Apparently it was busy, not rammed but really good atmosphere and they were excellent (altho obviously nowhere as good as the 9 hour Ministry extravaganza :p )

My friends said that kenny played first in a bar in san an, coastline i think....and that was really good.

N8 said:
My friends said that kenny played first in a bar in san an, coastline i think....and that was really good.

I think he played Savannah funky room beforehand and you know why that was, he was within easy reach of all that food at Kasbah, Kanya, Coastline, Mambos etc :p

The DJ booth must have consisted of two decks, two CDJs and two big plates of burgers either side ;) :p :lol:

OOh .. I was there when Ministry had their opening party with MAW ....

I loved it !

Got there fairly early and the music was very very latino .. but soon moved on to the kind of soulful house grooves that they are famous for (I call it the Incognito sound as I consider they did some of their best work with Incognito)

Robo said:
i pesonally do not think underwater will be back next year. although they had some great djs, the night never really took off, it was never rammed say like subliminal was.

It was packed when I went. I actually really rate Pacha, didn't have a spot of bother, didn't see any people acting like tits and everyone was pretty friendly.

Apart from a stupid glass collector who decided to balance his big tray full of glasses on a bench half the size of the tray behind me, then tried to blame me when it fell off smashing all the glasses. He was a tit.

Back