gone - but not forgotten

I

icebaer69

please name your favorite places (clubs/restaurants/bars/whatever ...)
or people that were a part of ibiza at one time
but are no longer here.

what are your favorite places or establishments that have gone for good ?

Naif
Douala
AK Morgana
Bar M
Unity
Lola's
Zinema :eek: no really!

Some of these must be open still?

clubs wise, no coco loco/tirry at amnesia todos los dias.
space terrace.
dc10 when it was free!

Graham and Lisa;s restaurant/bar.In playa den bossa.Very clean and smart.good staff.super food.(more or less what ever you fancy).a great place to meet locals and people who worked on the island.I knew them for 10 years.Shame they moved on.But at least one member is still working in Ibiza.Louie.

Plus dj Mark who worked in Big Ben.He really made that place what it is today.Silly reason why he did not work there in 2007.

- amnesia (when it was looking like a greenhouse
and had this pyramid-mirror-fountain on the dancefloor)

- es paradis (when they opened this sliding roof-construction)

- dc10 (when there was no roof/no entry/no mass tourism/no hype)

- la pasion (www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=45125)

- konga/pinup (playadenbossa)

On the clubside .Star which is now Eden.When it was free to get in. Plus meeting George Michael before he was really famous.(Club Tropicana video at Pikes).. Walking around town.Plus the club just under Piscis Park.???? And the open air one just up from Es Paradis.... All in 83.When you did not pay over the top prices to get in most clubs.Not like today .And last one ..Ku=Privilege

please name your favorite places (clubs/restaurants/bars/whatever ...)
or people that were a part of ibiza at one time
but are no longer here.

if you were ever in santa eulalia we called him metal mickey (until 2006) - an ex vietnam vet who came here 30? years ago - top bloke

the tall ships has a pool tournament in his name every year since he was a pretty good pool player and the tall ships is now what used to be la rueda - where we all used to meet and play pool in the afternoon

then of course theres scottish george, jenny elliot & then her mum

so theres a few people we miss here

once upon a time ...

... there was an old ship in the bay of san an,
it was a mixture of pub, cocktailbar and disco (as far as i remember)
not far from es paradis, maybe close to where bar m is
or further to the left ...

it was a wooden boat, like in a pirates-movie.
it didn´t sail around, always at the same place.

i think at the time the ship was there
the roof from es paradis stayed open
during the (beginning of the) night !?

anybody knows where this ship was exactly,
what the ship´s name was and why/what year it disappeared ?

ps:
maybe this ship is just an illusion,
because nobody (even mcr !) knows it,
but i´m quite sure that long time ago
there was such a ship in the bay ?!

rustic :!:

6sv8pki.jpg

Two places that meant a lot and were a bit special to my wife & I in Ibiza were :-

Sandy’s Bar in Sta Eularia - years ago a real cool chill out place with great characters - it’s the first place I ever saw a mobile phone ! ( mind it was the size of a brick )

And more recently Faustino’s – probably most of you never knew it or in more recent times didn’t even realise it was a bar – it was & probably still is ( it’s was up for sale last year ) on the Salinas road – on the corner of the Es Cavallet road – it was a great bar to have a cold drink after leaving the beach & watch the sun go down over the sparkling waters of the salt flats. Totally non-touristy & cheapest drinks on the Island and run by a lovely guy Faustino who couldn’t speak a word of English.

Holy Joes Sports Bar

HOLY JOES SPORTS BAR IS NOW CALLED DONNEGANS , ON THE BAY OF SAN ANTONIOXXXX STILL A GOOD BAR, GREAT MUSIC..:lol:

Two great ones Bellagio :) What year was the mobile phone one from?

Thanks Kenty –

The phone incident I’m guessing had to be “early” eighties – it was an American guy – who came rushing out from the back garden through the bar and into the street with his phone and shouted so loud that the whole of St Eularia could hear him – No change there then !!!!

Another place that although it’s still there but was an absolute “eye-opener” at the time was Café del Mar – in San An. We were there the year it opened – I’m guessing late 70’s - it was an oasis on the rocks. You had to walk past a closed Hotel Catolina along the rocks & there it was – originally it had a little man-made jetty where the odd Sunseeker would berth – people also used to eat out on the terrace. But what really made it special was the décor – it was incredible for the time – it was a very very classy place – to sit there in the evening and listen to music you had really never heard the like of before. Very special.

Happy memories

once upon a time ...

... there was an old ship in the bay of san an,
it was a mixture of pub, cocktailbar and disco (as far as i remember)
not far from es paradis, maybe close to where bar m is
or further to the left ...

it was called captain nemo and was moored on the corner by the egg before the glass bottomed boats turned up - apparently the drinks werent cheap but it was a bar on a boat

Sandy’s Bar in Sta Eularia - years ago a real cool chill out place with great characters - it’s the first place I ever saw a mobile phone !

an image from back in the day :)
sandysbarhistoryug2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
... captain nemo ...
... moored on the corner by the egg ...
thank you !!

any idea how many years it was at this place and when it disappeared ?
and do you know if the captain nemo is still alive somewhere in ibiza ?
pictures ?

Back