gone - but not forgotten

In 1981 i worked for Spuds Pub also Charlies disco both in es cana.
1986 found me back working again in Es Cana but in granny's bar for awhile & Pink's disco.
Have been visiting on/off Ibiza since 1981 though it's changed much now it still holds a certain lure or magic that keep's me wanting to go back their again:oops:. It was the Island where in my young adulthood i discovered sea, sex & fun along with a regular sore head & a few dead brain cells in the morning:lol:

Dave

My opinion is that the music from that time was at its peak.

the music from that time will always hold the most memories for me, but i don't think one bit that the music was better then.

the main problem now is the quantity of average music around, hordes and hordes of just ok releases diluting things......back in the day, it wasn't so easy to release any old thing.

the music from that time will always hold the most memories for me, but i don't think one bit that the music was better then.

the main problem now is the quantity of average music around, hordes and hordes of just ok releases diluting things......back in the day, it wasn't so easy to release any old thing.

What about the comparison between what is played at the clubs now vs then?

What about the comparison between what is played at the clubs now vs then?

again, it's just a taste thing and the question is generic anyway. a lot of what gets played in a lot of clubs nowadays, i don't like, but there is plenty of places and style and clubs i do.

in fact, that was pretty much how it was 10 years ago! you have your own circuit and tastes and you generally stay with them.

the acid house esque, people having it on the dancefloor, lost in the music thing is still there.....

Anyone remember the guy at 4:13 in this vid?He´s the one with the big Santa Claus style beard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRtVR8A-_gE I remember seeing him around the clubs in 1990. Me and my mates never got around to talking to him but we always referred to him as Captain Birds Eye, Father Christmas or Santa Claus.
he was one of those ibiza-characters you never forget -
wonder if he still is around !?

wtf - nobody knows what happened to that guy ?????????????

(3:06-3:07)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_9_A5pPvFc

actually..... theres a guy that looks very much like him that very often sits in front of sa graduada. always thought it could be him.....

3394919266_47756b7c5c.jpg

flickr

What was the name of the bar that was on the left of the main road going out of town from San An, it was a bit of a mini KM5 with a little bar/hut and gardens out the back.....???

I recall it was dead popular for a yr or two about 2000?

Or did i just break into a finca and demand a drink in a sorry state?? :eek:

And the Mezzanine bar run by Charlie Chester in Ibiza Town, offshoot of his Wolverhampton club. There were some cheeky after hrs there!!!!!

yes, after a mysterious fire, both it and its owner emerged, phoenix like from the ashes, with new names!

yes, after a mysterious fire, both it and its owner emerged, phoenix like from the ashes, with new names!

is the venue actually open anymore? restaurant etc....?

wasnt it previously under that name in a different location? or am i imagining it.

Back