Godskitchen Global Gathering 2003

pie

Hey there guys and gals,

I've not booked a hol to Ibiza yet, but i'm off to the Godskitchen Global Gathering 2003 in good ole Blighty!!

Looking forward to it see: www.godskitchen.com

Hopefully after that my cousin will be up for the hol.

ive got my ticket and booked a cabin for 6 of us staying 3 miles from the site :D

then on Aug23 I go Ibiza for two weeks so it's a promising two months coming up :lol:

cant wait for gkgg was gonna go llast year but my mates let me down so am gonna fookin ave it this year. wooooooohooooooooooo!!!!! lol :lol: sorry little over excited....3 weeks to go (ish)

beanie 8)

Hey!
Can't go either, off to Ibiza for my first time the next day... :D

Sun, Sea, Sangria and House Music... Heaven ;)

im going! cant wait either ;)

missed it last year so def going this year
work wouldnt let me have the weekend off for it this year so ive quit (well there was other reasons too!)
gotta new job in the weekdays now,so my weekends are free for partying ;)

I have just got me tickets, looks like just about everyone but Paul Van Dyk is gonna be there!

What's the appeal about big festivals? (Apart from the numerous DJ's) I can't think of anything worse than being in a big bloody field with no proper toilets ..

*Saffy* said:
What's the appeal about big festivals? (Apart from the numerous DJ's) I can't think of anything worse than being in a big bloody field with no proper toilets ..

I love festivals, I alwasy try and do 2 a summer, it's that whole thing of dancing outside in a field not giving a funk what you look like.

Toilets can be bit of pain but as soon as I get on it I hardly wee anyway so problem sorted :p

Leeds Love Parade has been very good in the past. Toilets have never been a problem when i've been, even for ladies.

There seemed to be an unwritten rule, that everyone sat or stood with their backs to the toilet area, therefore I suppose the ladies were just going against trees too!!

At festivals anything goes!!

I remember going to the Freddie Mercury tribute at Wembley and the girls were just coming into the blokes toliets, a blind eye was turned.

pie said:
Leeds Love Parade has been very good in the past. Toilets have never been a problem when i've been, even for ladies.

There seemed to be an unwritten rule, that everyone sat or stood with their backs to the toilet area, therefore I suppose the ladies were just going against trees too!!

At festivals anything goes!!

I remember going to the Freddie Mercury tribute at Wembley and the girls were just coming into the blokes toliets, a blind eye was turned.

Yay I have been known to squat at festivals if the toilet queue is too big :oops:

*Saffy* said:

The atmosphere mainly. The fact that it's 14 hours of madness, with 35000 other people. The best DJ's in one place at once and hopefully great weather.

misslucy said:
just checked on the website and oakie aint there :cry: :cry:

He is by far the worst DJ I've seen especially with all the hype, in my opinion. Last year at GKGG, he totally killed the vibe that Tiesto had set up. Tiesto ended with Say Yes, crowd going wild, and Oakie starts off with this boring 3min intro song... zzzzzzzzzz. But it is sad that he's not there for you if you are going and are a fan. I wish I could go this year, but I'm about a continent too far away. Next year however ;)

pie said:
What is the vibe like?
Is it outdoor or indoor?

It's inside big tents but I believe the Bora Bora bit is outside. But if it's nice day you can sit outside and chill on the grass.

I always think you get fantastic atmosphere at festivals, the only thing is sometimes sound quality is not great, esp if they have certain sound restrictions they have to adhere to.

misslucy said:
barbie have u been to global gathering before??

Yeah I went last year, absolutely loved it, it is bit smaller than other festivals and I thought the crowd/atmosphere were brilliant.

We wanted to go again this year but my b/friend is working on the Saturday, he said he would drive up afterwards but with traffic and everything he could end up missing 1/2 the day/night.

aww gutted :(
your going to creamfields though arent you?? that should be good!
i want to go but its abit far away - i hate jumping in the car for a long drive after a long session :eek:

Back